Best Mod Manager for GTL

I have tried a couple of Mod Managers for GTL but none are really very good. I get all sort of errors when I launch them and they tend to crash.

Right now I am testing GTLCarTools and it seems among the most stable, but every so often I get some sort of nasty error that closes it and frequently I save sets of cars but after a while I can no longer find them.

Another one I tried was similar, except that it showed a picture of the cars plus technical specs. I would have loved to use that one, but it was really unstable.

Part of the problem is that some of the mods are not well coded. There is a set of Proto Vintage cars that once installed appear pretty much in every race. Another mod I had did not show up in the manager but was always present in game (I think it was Bathurst legends).

Basically, I just want to be able to create my own races in GTL with cars I pick without having a Proto car going 200mph among cortinas and Fiat 1000.

If anyone knows of a better manager I'd be thrilled. Thank you.

I have used JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler) for a lot of racing games now and in the past, and it has NEVER failed me in GTL, GTR2, rF1 or NFS Shift.
I use it for a different purpose however, just to enable/disable Mods to prevent my Gamedata folder from getting clogged with all kinds of subfolders and mods of which some use/modify the same files. You'd have to be a little creative to be able to create carsets of multiple mods with it, but it's possible.

Unfortunately this great little program is no longer supported by its devs (source), but the latest version can be found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483/JSGME.7z in case you want to try it.
There are various good tutorials for it to be found online (although not GTL-specific AFAIK, but it works the same for most kinds of games.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back