Best Driver of 2010

who do you think was the best driver of 2010 i think it was kubica as he challenged the mercede of rosberg and only missed out on q3 in abu dhabi and the renault was consistantly in the points all year

I would hand the best driver award to Alonso without a doubt. Not only did he drive like a bat out of hell, but he did it under intense pressure. Most other drivers would have given up and let the bulls have their way.

Kubica is probably as insanely quick as Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel, but he's never had a car that could handle it.

Listen, I like Kubica and all, but he's not the best driver in Formula 1. He had a great year, no doubts about that, but let's not jump the gun. It's a little different when you're expected to win, and have to go out there and do it. I'm not a fan of Alonso (I'm a big Massa guy) but Alonso is still probably the best. The guy doesn't make mistakes. And how HE took the fight to the Redbulls to throw the championship on edge was a testament to the guy's skill. He gets paid like he's the best, and he performs that way under the pressure. And don't count Lewis out of this conversation either. What that kid does to overtake is breath taking, and not many drivers can pull it off. Not to mention he is one of the fastest drivers, easily, in the sport.

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel (Say what you will about his ability to actually race. But in F1 qualifying IS 75% of the battle, and this guy is the fastest man in F1.)
4. Kubica
5. Button/Webber (People like to tear into Button. But I really like him as a driver. Super smooth type that lets the car come into its own. I expect big things from him next year.)

Listen, I like Kubica and all, but he's not the best driver in Formula 1. He had a great year, no doubts about that, but let's not jump the gun. It's a little different when you're expected to win, and have to go out there and do it. I'm not a fan of Alonso (I'm a big Massa guy) but Alonso is still probably the best. The guy doesn't make mistakes. And how HE took the fight to the Redbulls to throw the championship on edge was a testament to the guy's skill. He gets paid like he's the best, and he performs that way under the pressure. And don't count Lewis out of this conversation either. What that kid does to overtake is breath taking, and not many drivers can pull it off. Not to mention he is one of the fastest drivers, easily, in the sport.

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel (Say what you will about his ability to actually race. But in F1 qualifying IS 75% of the battle, and this guy is the fastest man in F1.)
4. Kubica
5. Button/Webber (People like to tear into Button. But I really like him as a driver. Super smooth type that lets the car come into its own. I expect big things from him next year.)

Well said mate.

I belive the people who belive that Kubica was the best driver of 2010 are saying so because he was driving a car that was not anywhere near the Red Bull, Mclaren and the Ferrari but was still able to stay close to this fast cars. I do expect alot more from Renault and Kubica for next year but I do say watch out for Mr.Kobayashi. He proved to be very fast, overtaking when he feels for it and very clean IMO so I do expect him to bring some spectacular stuff on 2011.

I seriously can't wait for 2011 because the quality of the grid is just improving for evry moment I am thinking of it. :D

I belive the people who belive that Kubica was the best driver of 2010 are saying so because he was driving a car that was not anywhere near the Red Bull, Mclaren and the Ferrari but was still able to stay close to this fast cars.

Exactly, Georgios. He was the best driver of the 'B' grade cars (which have a lot of C and B pilots driving them, or D grade pilots like Petrov) so he looked really good this year. We can't really judge him until he gets an A grade car and is put against the other A grade pilots.

Exactly, Georgios. He was the best driver of the 'B' grade cars (which have a lot of C and B pilots driving them, or D grade pilots like Petrov) so he looked really good this year. We can't really judge him until he gets an A grade car and is put against the other A grade pilots.

Hahaha, it sounds as if F1 is divided into several classes which is true in one way or the other. :D

My Top 5 best driver of 2010.
these are my favourite drivers.....
I also think that these 5 driver are the best of 2010...
Jenson Button
Lewis Hamilton
Michael Schumacher
Nico Rosberg
Sebastian Vettel

Well said mate.

I belive the people who belive that Kubica was the best driver of 2010 are saying so because he was driving a car that was not anywhere near the Red Bull, Mclaren and the Ferrari but was still able to stay close to this fast cars.

Well yeh exactly!! Couldnt of said it better myself and thats why Kubica got my thumbs up for best driver of 2010. He done a great job. You dont have to be a title challenger just to be in with a chance of getting the driver of the year award imo.

I can't help but feel that a lot of people have forgotten that Vettel won the world championship. The guy Won the world championship in what some people are saying was one of the greatest seasons ever. That has surely got to count for something. TO beat Hamilton, Webber, and Alonso took some real class and maturity form the young German. A lot of people putting Alonso top but forgetting that Vettel beat him. Not forgetting the fact Lewis Hamilton yet again did not have the fastest car in the grid yet he remained in the title race all season (even with two critical DNF's mid season)

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Alonso

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back