Belgian GP to alternate with French GP from 2013

Paul Richard are you f**king kidding with me! I'm sure they will use the double chicanes at the straight and the slow start chiacane, if there's a layout they need to use it's the prototype layout.

But what ever they does to Paul Richard, its no where the same as Circuit De Spa-Franchorhamps!

A few people gonna go mad at Bernie without looking at the underlying factors again. This idea was actually brought up a couple of months ago by the owners of Spa racetrack. They lose money every year and need to alternate with a French Grand Prix for cost saving measures. Or we could have no Belgian GP at all if you'd prefer. Remember when it was cancelled a few years ago? Exactly because of the same reasons they're trying to get it alternated now.

Paul Ricard is the biggest joke of a track, the blue sea of run off will surely test the drivers, IMO they should use Le mans buggati circuit like moto gp, but to replace one of the best tracks in the world with one of the most lame is an outrage.

Spa is probably the best track on the calendar, but if you HAD to alternate it with the French Grand Prix can we at least get Magny-Cours back? But with Bernie as the owner we can forget about that. We can only hope that the racing at Paul Ricard is kinda like Monza Jr.

A few people gonna go mad at Bernie without looking at the underlying factors again. This idea was actually brought up a couple of months ago by the owners of Spa racetrack. They lose money every year and need to alternate with a French Grand Prix for cost saving measures. Or we could have no Belgian GP at all if you'd prefer. Remember when it was cancelled a few years ago? Exactly because of the same reasons they're trying to get it alternated now.

I assume you mean the 2003 season? The reason the 2003 GP in Spa was cancelled was because of a new law in Belgium that forbid the use of tobacco adds on the cars (with thanks to the tree huggers party). Nevertheless, our government still had to pay Bernie a whopping 13 million euro's that year.

Bernie is the devil himself. I hate that guy!

have you seen it?

There is literally a track surrounded by miles of run off.

I think it's unfair to critizise Paul Ricard HTTT because of that as that stands for High Technology Test Track.

PR has more layout configurations than any other track in the world allowing teams to test for every kind of track, and has massive tarmac runouts because in a test you don't want to damage your car.

The blame has to go for the ones deciding to make a GP in a test venue, but not to the track itself wich is great.

Bad news, I guess it is because Spa can't afford to hold the race anymore? But even if they couldn't then they should atleast make sure certain tracks (Suzuka, Spa, Interlagos etc) remain on the calendar...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back