Battenbergring

Tracks Battenbergring 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Battenbergring - A 12.5km road circuit set in 1950s Germany

View attachment 575050
The Battenbergring was a 12.530km public road circuit situated about 4km south east of the town of Battenberg in Hessen, Germany. It was used for motorcycle and motorcycle/sidecar racing from 1953-1956 and may well have been one of the most daunting and difficult circuits in Germany at the time. It featured all sorts of bends, climbs and descents, road junctions with hairpin bends, and it also passed through the narrow village of...

Read more about this resource...

Little hint. At the start/finish line (I think) 2 of the spectators overlap with the barriers.
Battenberg_spect.jpg

Thank you for what I will accept as a Father's Day present, Fat Alfie! Your tracks are an escape to a time and place when Europe was rebuilding and obliviously "ugly Americans" could frolic relatively cheaply.

My wife was trying to find me something for Father's Day today. We had recently watched "No Time to Die" and "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," so she was showing me a Bond book and some 007-themed playing cards. I told her that I like the time period of the '60s and '70s films in particular and the excitement, exotic locales, and cool cars of the movies, I do not think of the Commander as a role model I could endorse aside from his dedication to his country.

Bond's Aston Martins, Lotuses, and--from last night's movie--Tracy's red 1969 Mercury Cougar CJ428 convertible are the kind of screen stars I really enjoy seeing.

The Bond novel and film franchise has always been a fantasy, but one which has evolved its own ethos and mythos (this year marks 60 years of films!.)

The Fat Alfie track franchise has sim-ilar (see what I did there) standing among historic racing enthusiasts. You have given us sublime recreations for our recreation! You have wrought digital landscapes from seemingly nothing. We who benefit must remember that the images and sensations we experience are a direct connection to your thoughts and imagination, research and dedication, diligence and passion, skills and artistry.

Alfie . . . FAT Alfie!*

*Not to be confused with a movie of the same name.

Might be due to the way camera-facing crowd placement gets randomised?
Do they move position on restart?
I had also thought of this, since you had recently addressed this in Discord. In this case, however, that does not seem to be the case. The two spectators that overlap the fence are always in exactly the same place.

Great track as always. The attention to detail and fun factor are second to none on your tracks. Funny story though. Took me three tries to see the sign for the first u-turn and I kept driving off into no where until the road ended. Downloaded the track three times before I realized what I was doing wrong. Kept thinking I had a corrupt download.

Thanks as always for the time and effort you put into your tracks.

Last edited:
Has anyone else found that nothing happens in the pit lane? I drove in to adjust tire pressures in a practice run and the box vanished just before I reached it (Box 1).
If I reverse 10 meters or so it reappears and then vanishes again before I can get into position.

Otherwise it's a true classic Fat Alfie track as always!

If I'm the odd one out or it's needed/helpful I can take a video if required :)

No, you're right - it does do that :( I've just checked myself and it happened exactly as you described - so sorry :redface:

I've never had this issue on any of my other tracks so I'll have to take a look into it, find out what I've done wrong, and then upload a fixed version :(

There are a couple of minor mistakes that other people have pointed out that could be rectified at the same time, so it's worth doing.

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry once again.

I've found the problem, and it's a really stupid mistake on my part.

1655661117336.png

The green area is the designated PIT area - the red is just plain non-PIT tarmac and the exit back onto the circuit. I had increased the number of available pits but had to move all the AC_PIT_ objects to the right to fit them all in, but didn't extend the PIT area, so as ou drive off the green area onto the red, the AC pit box area disappears as AC thinks you are no longer in the pits :rolleyes:

I'll fix this, the overlapping spectators and the type on the banner, then upload v1.1 in the next couple of days. Sorry about that, everyone :(

Whenever my partner and I drive around central Europe, I spend the trip relentlessly pointing out birds of prey that she usually fails to see before we pass. So I had to double-take when I saw this fellow atop a pole. I'm sure there's a hundred distractions left to spot and I'll write a proper review shortly, but thanks again for the amazing level of detail and polish in everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_shelby_cobra_289_battenbergring_20-5-122-0-12-32.jpg
    Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_shelby_cobra_289_battenbergring_20-5-122-0-12-32.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 96

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies