Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never got banned or moderated in the AC forum, but most people's thinking there is pretty one-dimensional.
If you dare to say, that there is a Sim out there, which is better then AC in a single category (for example sound or FFB), crowd comes against you with their torches and pitchforks, with namecalling and allegations to be a fanboy of that other respetive sim you just mentioned, and your credibility over there is done and dusted. Pretty hilarious.

Never got banned or moderated in the AC forum, but most people's thinking there is pretty one-dimensional.
If you dare to say, that there is a Sim out there, which is better then AC in a single category (for example sound or FFB), crowd comes against you with their torches and pitchforks, with namecalling and allegations to be a fanboy of that other respetive sim you just mentioned, and your credibility over there is done and dusted. Pretty hilarious.
I would really like to see an example of this where the original post wasn't obviously flame bait or trolling.

I would really like to see an example of this where the original post wasn't obviously flame bait or trolling.
pretty recently i asked, if ESC or something similar is implemented for cars that have it, in AC. Was a little disappointed that there is none, in contrary to Project Cars.
Answers i got, just look at the end of this page:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...s-and-their-respective-electronic-aids.33044/
"PRC infiltration", "PCars fanboy", upvoting each other how cool they are

Sim racing is in the medieval age right now. Anyone who is not a follower of the " "lord" god" is an infidel.

• Deleted member 130869

I got banned from the FB page way back in 2014, I think (whenever the big problem happened), when there was a clean sweep of a ton of people from the massive discounts in the winter sale for the early access. I got caught, along surely with a couple of other non-offenders in the middle of the name-calling war when I was trying to interject with some Steam reach and marketing perspective posts, as it was in one of the response comment fields to someone else's post. So I just unfollowed their page.

I got banned from the FB page way back in 2014, I think (whenever the big problem happened), when there was a clean sweep of a ton of people from the massive discounts in the winter sale for the early access. I got caught, along surely with a couple of other non-offenders in the middle of the name-calling war when I was trying to interject with some Steam reach and marketing perspective posts, as it was in one of the response comment fields to someone else's post. So I just unfollowed their page.
I got banned for a question I asked on the "lord's" youtube livestream "when is rain coming"
57822c19e1ad1.png

pretty recently i asked, if ESC or something similar is implemented for cars that have it, in AC. Was a little disappointed that there is none, in contrary to Project Cars.
Answers i got, just look at the end of this page:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...s-and-their-respective-electronic-aids.33044/
"PRC infiltration", "PCars fanboy", upvoting each other how cool they are
So you only focus on two-three comments out of the many others that constructively discussed your stability control subject.
Tell me now who is generalizing...

Apart from one or two comments, the general feedback was pretty hostile..or let's rather say patronizing. Not quite what i'd call constructive

I didn't get that impression at all, I read through both pages and other than the two guys who are usually dicks to everyone about everything it seemed people were genuinely trying to understand what you wanted and to help you with it.

Though I generally agree with your sentiment that there's a lot of people on the official forums who think Kunos can do no wrong and will go to great lengths to defend anything Kunos does, I'm not seeing it in that thread other than a couple comments and did not get the impression that the general feedback was hostile or patronizing.

Just get so used to certain forums and found AC forum for me a bit all over the place considering is one game, I mean RaceDept is going to be a bit complex as there's loads of games etc its dealing with, AC seems to manage, for me at least, to make a forum for one game seem complex and awkward, even taking into account its on 3 platforms..
Just my thoughts.

Back on topic it's not just their official forums, a guy got banned on GTplanet few days ago for just saying AC had issues on consoles, no swearing no being rude, he/she raised some good points until the fanboys rounded and started bullying.
GTplanet were critical of AC as well but all of a sudden they back track so wonder if Kunos got to them with free stuff?

Yeah no worries, nothing wrong in your thoughts.

One explanation could be that Kunos themselves didn't know what kind of forum they were building. It was ment to be just a support forum but quickly build up to be a quite sizeable community. And being a small company they didn't have anyone to dedicate for taking care of the forum.

Edit. Post above mine has been edited after I wrote this post.

Last edited:
Back on topic it's not just their official forums, a guy got banned on GTplanet few days ago for just saying AC had issues on consoles, no swearing no being rude, he/she raised some good points until the fanboys rounded and started bullying.

That's false, both of them got banned for breaking forum rules (improper punctuation/grammer, double posts, inflammatory comments, etc.) after repeated warnings from the staff to stop doing so. Both of them had very juvenile attitudes as well, so yes they were being rude. There's loads and loads of people criticizing AC on GTP (and rightly so) and they haven't been banned because they aren't acting like asshats. There's a big difference between saying "Hmmm, AC has some issues like this, this, and that. Hopefully they will fix the issues soon because it's having a negative effect on my experience" and "AC is teh suck and obviously they were just trying to screw over the console kids because they think we're inferior. Bunch of lying theives!! And if anyone disagrees with me I'll troll them and call them fanboys!!". The so-called fanboys weren't attacking the criticism, they were attacking the childish attitudes.

Their attitude and disrespect towards other members and staff put them on thin ice and breaking forum rules is ultimately what got them banned as you can see from this screenshot of the mod indicating his double post (which was his fourth or fifth of the day) is what pushed him out the door. It wasn't because they were criticizing the game, because if that was the case almost all of the console players on GTP would be banned right now.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 7.23.32 AM.png

Last edited:
You can see plenty of double posts over on that site. Anyway I'm never sure why people get do bothered about 'bans' on forums, it is what it is not like you can't sign up again is it?
A friend of mine got banned about 10 times on PCars forum and just kept going back and the last time he decided to go all 'fanboy' for a change and he's still there giving out abuse but for the 'right' side and he's still there.

You can see plenty of double posts over on that site.

Yes, it's not an immediately ban-able offense and most of the time it's not an issue. But like I said they had already put themselves on thin ice for other rules violations and disrespectful attitudes so the mod used the double-post and poor posting etiquette as the reasons to get rid of them. It was not because they were criticizing the game.

Anyway I'm never sure why people get do bothered about 'bans' on forums, it is what it is not like you can't sign up again is it? A friend of mine got banned about 10 times on PCars forum and just kept going back and the last time he decided to go all 'fanboy' for a change and he's still there giving out abuse but for the 'right' side and he's still there.

Some forums have ways of tracking IP addresses and other things to make sure banned users don't return, I know RD and GTP both do but apparently SMS does not.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.