Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly I think some of their moderators are very sad and frustrated people.

Exactly, so we bought a product and support them since the beggining and for some less positive comment you get a permanent ban and no more support or help. So the same way no more DLC's for me while this situation stands aswell as for many friends i have around simracing community that are really disappointed...

They banned @Fonsecker for speaking his mind about the sounds... :cautious:

Nope, they banned him , because he said (my words) , that they should fire their sound engineer guys and hire a professional ( implying him).
Banned well deserved.

As for OP he is famous for his bad altitude. More info needed ( complete story) though . He might be right or not. Can't believe he got banned for a photo.

As for OP he is famous for his bad altitude. More info needed ( complete story) though . He might be right or not. Can't believe he got banned for a photo.
One complaining thread in particular got a bunch of people banned, moderator had enough of certain users behaviour and went for a clean sweep of anyone who posted negatively in the thread. There's a difference between criticism (bug forum, of course there's lots of that, that's the whole point) and being rude/insulting.

Nope, they banned him , because he said (my words) , that they should fire their sound engineer guys and hire a professional ( implying him).
Banned well deserved.

Well, first of all Fonsecker was ironic on that comment, and maybe if he wasn't i really think he will do a superior job on the sound department! But again Kunos can't hear critic and Lord Kunos is too sensitive to ironic speech, maybe he's Italian and don't understand English very well...

Lol, also funny is how i needed to write more than 1000 messages of help in the development of the game to get banned for my "bad attitude", your words! Well, Stereo said it all!

And what's the point on developing something if you don't hear the critic voices? In all you need to listen them! It seems they were only useful at the start, now they're not needed anymore and you "fire" them through the small door...

And Jim, don't talk about something you don't know anything about, you're also known for your fanboyism ;)

They hear the critic voices. But you can use your critique in a positive and constructive form, and you can also use it in a negative, offensive, and mood killer way. If is the 2nd, then you will get forum moderation.
Are you telling me Kunos is banning people who report bugs and issues, and that make suggestions of improvements? But if they are offensive towards the dev team/game or to other users, then you aren't welcomed until you can come with a better attitude.
I wonder if any of you would be hired for testing a game before its launch, if you would be so disrespectful, you'd be fired. Your critics and reports have to be objective. Of course you can express your point of view and give suggestions, but you need to learn that being arrogant and offensive doesn't give you carte blanche, even if you speak the truth; devs of any game aren't your servants and do everything you want of them.

What to say about a MP that it's crap after more than one year out for example? That it's the best out there? Come on! We as customers and supporters who bought a product can ask for improvements right? Even Racedepartment done it! What's the problem? Can't i have an opinion? Or i have to eat some bad fast food when i was promised a gourmet one? If you eat bad in a restaurant, you need to shut up after you pay and say it was delicious when it wasn't? Sometimes i just don't understand people...

Of course you can't insult people, specially the devs, but you can ask for things to get better or about the situation point as a product owner! Their job is also communicate with the community, not posting beautiful screenshots or teasing videos about DLC's when the whole package is just hilarious! It seems that the devs now only are interested in positive comments, with people saying AC is the best out there and it's a complete product, when it's not, and you get banned if you say the opposite... that's what happened to me!

yup i got banned just over a month ago too after the update. By Stefano for criticising aspects of the game. He just learnt how to ban people and starts acting like a kid with a new toy banning people left right and center. Not good! Would be nice to know how long a ban/"vacation" is in place for as ac forums is the only place really for proper support.

What to say about a MP that it's crap after more than one year out for example? That it's the best out there? Come on! We as customers and supporters who bought a product can ask for improvements right? Even Racedepartment done it! What's the problem? Can't i have an opinion? Or i have to eat some bad fast food when i was promised a gourmet one? If you eat bad in a restaurant, you need to shut up after you pay and say it was delicious when it wasn't? Sometimes i just don't understand people...
You are not understanding yourself here. What is with this binary thinking? We can only praise or we can only blame? How about your report your issue, make your improvement suggestion, indicate a certain path. But don't be obsessive, don't try to control, nor be arrogant/offensive. You did your thing, now the other party will do their thing.
I will repeat, devs haven't banned anyone for suggesting, reporting bugs, shortcomings, but the way you and others do it needs to get a fix too.

You are not understanding yourself here. What is with this binary thinking? We can only praise or we can only blame? How about your report your issue, make your improvement suggestion, indicate a certain path. But don't be obsessive, don't try to control, nor be arrogant/offensive. You did your thing, now the other party will do their thing.
I will repeat, devs haven't banned anyone for suggesting, reporting bugs, shortcomings, but the way you and others do it needs to get a fix too.

Lol, please, don't go that way of treating people like if they were stupid. Of course i helped them a lot, i talked lots of times on the forums about the good path AC was going, i wrote on FB, on Twitter, on so may places that AC was worth buying and a promissing simulator, even when there were people with doubts! Now i ask or comment something less good about it (yes, because i'm disappointed right now) and get banned? It's not the way you did good or bad, it's the consequence that is exaggerated! Nobody was a terrorist to be banned for a month! One week is already a severe punishment i think, specially when it's the support forum!

I still support ac 100%. As its currently the best sim available imo.I've also emailed ac support regarding length of the ban and when I can return. To no response.seems like to them they have taken my money for ac and dlc's and that all they care about. So for any future critical support that needs to be addressed you would have to buy another license for ac to get back on the forums.which is wrong and seems like a money making grab:cautious:

The majority of people who are being banned from there, more often than not deserve it. Where Kunos run into trouble is the permanent-banning, they don't seem to do things by halves. If you're banned, then it's most likely permanent. Obviously if that's the punishment on their forum for breaking rules, then so be it, it's their forum and you should respect their rules.

If we ban someone here on RD, it's usually incremental, so 7 days, then 30 days, then 6months... etc. etc. (depending on the infraction of course) but for Kunos, this is what happens when you get programmers to moderate forums.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years