Bad lag online with Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 7 yesterday and now I have terrible lag on any Race On sever I go on, rFactor is fine, I am not sure if it is connected to Win 7 or just a coincidence, any one else experienced this.

I was running on Windows 7 in the same race as you tonight and it was fine, I don't think it is just the operating system that caused your problems.

Did you try testing your connection through speedtest.net?

My connection is fine, like I said rFactor runs fine online, Gary Allen has just gone over to W7 and his Race On is ok, but he had a fresh install onto a clean system, where I have upgraded over the top of Vista, I have never had a problem online with Race On until I upgraded to Win 7.

A friend of mine is having a similar problem with all race games under Win 7, lots of stuttering. This happens with GTR2, rFactor and Race series, there must be some connection between Win7 and this problem, perhaps a driver issue or something.

I think 2 problems are mixed now, stuttering and lag, lag is like jumping and disappearing cars when you race online and stuttering does happen also offline, then it seems like the image you see suddenly jumps into another image, you miss a few frames in between.

I also use W7 Ultimate, not an upgrade but a fresh install and all goes well here. My new ATI HD5850 gives a little bit of stuttering sometimes but only in Simbin titles, so there must be something wrong in their rather "old" graphical engine. If i see Dirt2 with all those gpu heavy effects it does not stutter at all.

So Martin does this happen also offline or only online, if only online then it's lag.

I have formatted and re-installed Win7, it is definitly lag, no problems offline, cars are freeezing and then re-appearing not just now and again but all of the time, I am in the process of putting Race07, Evo, STCC and Race On back on so fingers crossed it is an upgrade from vista to win7 problem, I am using the 64 bit version.

Aaah great, so a fresh install solved it, I hope it stays this way. If it works fine now i suggest you to make a complete system backup.

In Windows 7 go to Control Panel - Backup and restore and choose create a system image. This will be arround 10GB depending on what is installed at the moment.

If it fails again then it is easy to restore the image.

I am 99.9% certain I know what caused this problem for me

High Process Priority="0" // Improves FPS on some systems, but may conflict with some background applications

The line above is in .PLR file I enabled it earlier and my online lag problems resurfaced, I disabled it and all is fine online again, when I had vista installed I had it enabled so it explains why when I upgraded to Windows 7 over the top of vista I had the problems, can somebody try this who has Windows 7 installed ?

I am 99.9% certain I know what caused this problem for me

High Process Priority="0" // Improves FPS on some systems, but may conflict with some background applications

The line above is in .PLR file I enabled it earlier and my online lag problems resurfaced, I disabled it and all is fine online again, when I had vista installed I had it enabled so it explains why when I upgraded to Windows 7 over the top of vista I had the problems, can somebody try this who has Windows 7 installed ?

Someone, pretty please :)

It worked for Steve Elson I think. At first someone told him to find the process in task manager and set the core infinity as there is no process priority in rFactor plr. He was racing Race On last night so it must have worked because beforehand he was having the same problem and it was un-driveable for him.

It worked for Steve Elson I think. At first someone told him to find the process in task manager and set the core infinity as there is no process priority in rFactor plr. He was racing Race On last night so it must have worked because beforehand he was having the same problem and it was un-driveable for him.

You mean Steve Elson was having the same trouble as me and disabling the setting in.plr fixed it ? if so thats good news.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back