Bad Car Behaviour on Bathurst 2006 Track for Race 07

Hi,

I recently downloaded the Bathurst 2006 track for this game which is amazing. I have one major problem though, the cars usually crash going over skyline towards the dipper, creating a pile-up. This happends almost every lap, making racing not very realistic.

Can I change the car behaviours so they drive properly on this section of the track. For the rest of the track AI behaviour is perfect.

Real shame as really enjoying the track, just a shame I can't ace very well.

Any Thoughts

Thanks

I'm not an expert either, but I think it's the AIW file that determines AI behaviour. No idea how you modify it though... most versions of Donington have an AI issue as well which I would love to see fixed.

Donington is idd a track that suffers from bad ai behaviour
the renault ams test track as well
oulton park
and a few others
(I only drove with the porschecupmod on it, maybe it's better with simbin cars, i don't know)

JR Racing, can you please remove the download link as here at RaceDepartment.com we can't, as a community, support illegal track conversion of cross platform material/content without the permissions of the original creators, licence, and copyright holders, which in this case is going to be Codemasters & Atari...

Cheers mate.

Ok thanks for the tips.

I am already a member of FVRFactor but the launch of the Bathurst track seems to keep being put back. There was a development version which has now been removed so the only choice for me was the Bathurst 06 mod.

Wasn't there a setting in the plr file that you could change to stop that from happening? I seem to recall there was one line that was .25 and needed to be changed to 2.5 or something like that and another that needed to be changed to something like 1000. Can't remember what was being modified though.

For this eg I will use the FVRFactor 2001 mod and 2007 Barcelona track:

simply make a car setup that works well, but you must leave the steering lock at 13-14 degrees. Save it, find it in your SimBin documents, copy it to the race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVR_V8SC2011\FORD and rename the .svm file to have the same name as the tracks .gdb (7Barcelona.svm) file and the AI will use this file, repeat for the HOLDEN....

also, I open the .svm in notepad and edit the top section that would look like this:

Code:
[GENERAL]
Notes="Bathurst race base, cooler track temp 18-21C, good for 2.06.9xx - bit loose and increased rear wear"
CreatedBy="Günthar Rowe"
Car="Ford Falcon FG 2011"
Symmetric=0
CGRightSetting=0
CGRearSetting=0
WedgeSetting=0
FrontTireCompoundSetting=0
RearTireCompoundSetting=0
FuelSetting=25
NumPitstopsSetting=3
Pitstop1Setting=64
Pitstop2Setting=64