Ayrton Senna Game

Reiza have gone very quiet. Since they released Formula Reiza and Formula Classic, I can't help wondering why the full Jacarepagua circuit is not available to race? I am wondering, hoping, that it means that the Ayrton Senna game will include circuits from the 80s/90s and will be transferable into GSC, so they are saving these rather than releasing them - any clues or info Reiza?
Detroit or Phoenix, the old San Marino, the full Jacarapegua, Mexico City, Portugal, Kyalami, these would be fantastic :)

Reiza have gone very quiet. Since they released Formula Reiza and Formula Classic, I can't help wondering why the full Jacarepagua circuit is not available to race? I am wondering, hoping, that it means that the Ayrton Senna game will include circuits from the 80s/90s and will be transferable into GSC, so they are saving these rather than releasing them - any clues or info Reiza?
Detroit or Phoenix, the old San Marino, the full Jacarapegua, Mexico City, Portugal, Kyalami, these would be fantastic :)
I would love them to have Phoenix since I live about 15 minutes away from the old street circuit.

This is indeed great news - so, are we probably looking at what equates to a classic F1 game, probably set at sometime in the late eighties or early nineties?

@Rupe - I heartily disagree. Look at what happened when they released Total War on consoles - it was an arcade travesty of the PC original; pretty much every single 'flight sim' on consoles has landing and taking off removed. What does all this say to you? Console gamers don't generally like deep games - sure, there might be exceptions, but the vast majority of people on consoles - the people making Sony and Microsoft all their money - do not like deep, complicated simulations. So keep it as a PC only release and make it as good as you damn well can, devs! Sod the big picture. If they only make one racing game on PC only, but it turns out to be fantastic, that's all we need. Remember the modders...

Now it comes all together, the most promising racing sim imo for the coming years and also with Ayrton in a main role! For many other reasons btw it's time to refresh my old PayPall account hè hè. Btw I hope that this sim will be released also as a steady retail pc game but maybe that is wishful thinking. Ayrton Senna and Richard Burns, it's all you need for the best sim experience

Retail gaming is dying. Not just on PC, but consoles as well by the looks of it. Look at what's happening with Game - it's entered administration! Personally, I'm not too fussed if the game doesn't come in a box. As time has gone by, I've decided that the advantages of digital distribution outweight the disadvantages. For one thing, they don't require any shelf space at all.​

You bastard......funny though, lol.

What could possibly be funny about making a joke about a man who died in his mid-thirties?

This from VirtualIR:

Made in co-operation with the Ayrton Senna Institute, the new title will allow PC users to relive the spectacular career of the three-time Formula One World Champion who’s still regarded to be one of the best race drivers who have ever lived.

I can see this starting around 1984, when Senna first appeared in F1. Maybe '85, when he moved to Lotus.

Is this game realistic? Do we also die in the end?

Although I get that people will be sensitive about stuff like this, you also have to appreciate that whether he is funny or not, no amount of jokes will offend the dead or bring him back to life.

I will not comment about what I think of the comment, but I appreciate that everyone thinks differently about the topic of death. I can however see the humor in the post.

Bit ironic, Supporting formula 1 But having a laugh that one of the greats perished in a horrific crash at imola.. Everyone has there own taste of humour i suppose, But is a racing forum the right place for that? Not finger pointing just having an opinion ;)

Bit ironic, Supporting formula 1 But having a laugh that one of the greats perished in a horrific crash at imola.. Everyone has there own taste of humour i suppose, But is a racing forum the right place for that? Not finger pointing just having an opinion ;)

No-one likes any deaths, but see your point. His comment, seen in context is funny.

Anyway, could be an awesome game. Anyone know what the cars/seasons/tracks structure would be like?

Not yet :) Apart from the announcement of the game there hasn't been any information released yet.

Oh, Thanks :) Would be nice to know what to expect.

I am GUESSING, but what I think it would be is some Brazilian tracks, with Ayrton in each season's car that he participated.

Can't see how they would be able to get licenses for all seasons - both cars and tracks - and still make a profit.

Bernie would probably force them to alternate tracks for each season :p

perhaps they'll skip Bernie altogether and get official liscenses only from those he drove for, e.g. Mclaren or Lotus, and then basically make up the grid with similar looking cars.
they could also leave it up to 3rd party modders to "finish off" the game

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea