Reiza Studios have deployed a new update to Automobilista, bringing the title to build 1.1.5 and adding a number of enhancements and fixes to the sim. Alongside the new build, Reiza have also released their second DLC for the game, bringing the legendary Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit in four historic configurations.
Highlights from the new build include further tweaks to the game AI, allegedly improving behaviour during close proximity to other cars on track. A terrain fix for Cadwell Park has been included that removes an issue with players falling through terrain on right hand side just before the mountain section and physics adjustments to the F-Trainer and MRC2000 vehicles.
As well as the new build release, Reiza have also made available the second DLC instalment for the game in the form of the Imola DLC. With variations of the famous circuit from 1972, 1988, 2001 and 2016 included, the new DLC is a tour de force replicating this legendary venue in many of its unique and challenging layouts from four decades of history.
Automobilista - Imola Release Trailer
"Host of the San Marino GP for 26 years, Imola is a venue full of history where racing gods have risen and fallen. This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades - 1972, 1988, 2001 and 2016.
In the raw, classic, and dangerously fast original layout last used in 1972 your nerves will be tested as you blast through the picturesque roads, with no chicanes and no run-off areas - an old style, high speed blast surrounded by trees and armco.
The 1988 version featured the chicanes at Acque Mineralli, the top of the hill (Variante Alta) and at the end of the lap (Variante Basa). This is the layout that hosted many classic races in the late 80s and early 90s, until Ayrton Senna´s tragic accident at the then high speed Tamburello corner.
The 2001 version saw reforms to improve safety after the accidents of 1994, with chicanes added to the Tamburello and Villeneuve sweepers. The track remained an unique challenge, in which drivers had to balance cars around the high curbs in order to be fast. Michael Schumacher mastered this layout winning there 6 times.
Finally the modern 2016 version, which has brought back the high speed nature of the track by creating a flat-out section from the exit of Rivazza all the way to the Tamburello chicane".
Build 1.1.5 Change Log
- Ultima GTR Standard Road Series (less powerful than the original 720 model) - Available for Brit Pack and / or Season Pass owners.
- Imola - 1972, 1988, 2001, 2016 - Available for Imola Pack and / or Season Pass owners.
- Opponent filters now listed alphabetically in session menu
- Added vehicle configuration menu to Multiplayer car selection screen
- Slightly toned down AI aggression when near other cars for all tracks
- Removed the fields with wrong info from AMS Config
- Added Memory load warning when approaching application limit
- Added warning messages for Pit Lane Closed & Open during multiplayer start procedures for players starting from the pits
- Increased Multiplayer pre-race time from 30s to 60s
- Switched penalty for leaving the pits under a red light after race start from DQ to stop/go (penalty when leaving before the start remains DQ)
- Updated UI sound effects
- Several track limit detection tweaks at Interlagos, Mendig, Montreal, Granja, VIR, Salvador & Supertruck layouts
- Adjusted collision feelers for better detection, slightly improved behavior & AI awareness
- Corrected engine sound panning for cars with alternative driver seat positions
- Minor DFV sound update
- Corrected pit menu settings for brit pack cars
- Updated road & terrain properties for Brands, Cadwell & Oulton
- Cadwell: Fixed issue with falling through terrain on right hand side just before mountain turns
- Oulton: Moved tire stacks on apexes back by about 20cm; Improved wrong way messages when running wide on straight after Cascades (may still occur in some circunstances); Adjusted AI line through Druids in International layout
- Spielberg: Adjusted AI line through last corner
- Mini: Minor adjustment to onboard engine sounds
- StockV8: Corrected Julio Campos driver number
- Metalmoro: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Boxer Cup: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Superkart: Fixed low-res mirrors
- F-V10: Added community Team Cosmo; Adjusted default setup; increased soft tire wear rate
- Metalmoro: Added community driver
- Kart: Fixed error in damage file
- F-Vintage: Fixed material name with gold rims which could cause GMT errors
- F-Vee: Fixed unrealistic front suspension animation
- Ultima GTR: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- F-Trainer: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- MRC2000: Various physics adjustments;Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties; Added left driver side configuration
- Caterhams: Fixed Oil and Water gauges; added headlights for cockpit view; Added rollcage to driver side configuration; Adjusted drag coefficient; Revised tires in all models; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
OBS: Steam Achievements are being phased in over the next couple of weeks. You may notice some basic Achievements popping up in the meantime.
OBS2: Updated integration with newer Logitech drivers has been postponed for the next build (no need to update drivers just yet).
OBS3: If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.1.1 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.
OBS4: V1.1.5 AMS Dedicated tool is being uploaded and will be available later tonight. Servers may use AMS Dedi from the main game in the meantime.
Automobilista is available for Windows PC via the Steam Network right now. The Imola pack retails at US$ 5.99 or is included as part of the Season Pass DLC package.
The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the very latest news and discussions regarding the Reiza simulation. We host a number of top quality mods, and run a selection of epic League and Club Racing events to participate in. Head over to the forum today and check out what's on offer...
Have you tried the new update, cars and Imola yet? What do you think of the new build? Which is your favourite piece of content? Let us know in the comments section below!