Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Engine was fine for me Robin (do you have autoclutch on?)

My race 1 was going well. Some touring car paint trading going on, all fair and square, then someone made a mistake at the chicane ahead of me and I couldn't see properly and went into the wall of champions :D Was fun until then though!! (If I got in anyone's way, sorry, I hit escape but the menu popped up and I had to grab for the mouse).

Race 2 soon! Should be fun!!

It was somewhat jumpy for me, could lowering visuals help or is it just the mass number of people and ping related? If lowering visuals could help can I log out change them and get back in for race two?

Engine was fine for me Robin (do you have autoclutch on?)

My race 1 was going well. Some touring car paint trading going on, all fair and square, then someone made a mistake at the chicane ahead of me and I couldn't see properly and went into the wall of champions :D Was fun until then though!! (If I got in anyone's way, sorry, I hit escape but the menu popped up and I had to grab for the mouse).

Race 2 soon! Should be fun!!

Strange.. I just ran an offline race and there was nothing wrong.
Yes I do have Autoclutch on and I use Paddleshifters.

Race 1
Was fine, mostly clean once the fast pack had teared off up the track. Enjoyed it a lot. Some good fair racing. Got past Jeff and tried to keep the next one from getting past me but tyres were shot.
GRAB_010_zpsaygnjoy9.jpg

GRAB_009_zps3v7gbujc.jpg

Race 2
Absolute pathetic that second race start. It seems if you are one of fast ones on a reverse grid you must at all costs dive bomb every corner. 3 and 4 abreast dive bombing. Just silly and crap racing. Being literally pushed off line, rammed, pushed etc. Not a good advert for newer racers. :(:rolleyes: Last time I do a race with that many ego's(I mean racers) in it.;) I quit in disgust after the 5th or 6th car pushed me off in the first lap. Not everyone is to blame but you know who you are and I hope you spend all your winnings on something nice. :rolleyes:

:whistling:

Last edited:
Let's not turn this thread into complaints and finger pointing please - if any of you were disadvantaged, make a proper report. Otherwise there's no point in saying anything. That's how we eradicate the dive bombs etc. There is a proper channel for this (and we take reports seriously); we don't want arguments in the thread.

My race 2 was much more fun than race 1 but a few mistakes cost me, though I did have some great battles with @Chark and we traded places a few times. Last lap, side by side into the fast ess on the straight and I got it wrong :) Dropped from 3rd/4th to finish somewhere around 7th or 8th. But that was still very fun! Thanks everyone!! More touring cars next week at Bologna Historic

Let's not turn this thread into complaints and finger pointing please - if any of you were disadvantaged, make a proper report. Otherwise there's no point in saying anything. That's how we eradicate the dive bombs etc. There is a proper channel for this (and we take reports seriously); we don't want arguments in the thread.

My race 2 was much more fun than race 1 but a few mistakes cost me, though I did have some great battles with @Chark and we traded places a few times. Last lap, side by side into the fast ess on the straight and I got it wrong :) Dropped from 3rd/4th to fiish somewhere around 7th or 8th. But that was still very fun! Thanks everyone!! More touring cars next week at Bologna Historic

I best get some practice in are you gonna do reverse grids again or too early to say?

First race was good, doing pretty decent laps and was fighting with @Jason in our rival batlte here, passed him and then there was a crash ahead, and got 4th for free. Bit of lag after that with Frank saw me off with suspension damage but I managed to pass @Jason again, proving who the better driver of the 2 is:cool:
2nd race I bumped someone into the 3rd corner a bit, got a bit of damage but nobody got disadvantaged.
After that the race was amazing, had a fight with @Matej Lakota the whole time since the 2nd lap, untill about the end. Almost got 3rd starting 22nd (without making up too many positions first lap) and was only 0.07 short. All in all good racing exept for race 2 first lap!

Backmarkers need to respect the blue flags much better than they were, and at the same time in reverse grids the fast guys need to respect the drivers ahead of them and make clean passes. It's give and take.

I have to repeat myself so often it is amazing, but at the end of the day if you are disadvantaged there's no gain to be had by posting about it in the thread. Make a proper report. I can't go through 32 people's race replays. I am but one person, and all drivers have a responsibility to ensure the cleanliness of our great club. Don't like getting dive bombed by a fast guy? Report it. Don't like someone ignoring blue flags? Report it.

Let's not turn this thread into complaints and finger pointing please - if any of you were disadvantaged, make a proper report. Otherwise there's no point in saying anything.

I think this is exactly the place to put observations with no actual finger pointing at anyone in particular. But hey if you feel that kind of behaviour is ok, who am I to raise an observation. You must of witnessed it.
No arguments, just me venting. :cool: It's more public here.

Grats all who were on server tonight, we had some great, fast and fair battles, everything was fine except the game itself, which crashed for a second time this evening in pre last turn of 2nd race (clean install, no 2nd hand mods/plugins) and after yesterday˙s crash and FFB lost, I don˙t know, what to do, because game content, physics, FFB ... all is on top level.
@Arne Freiensehner and @Yuri, thanks and well done :thumbsup:

Thanks for the fun, gentlemen!

Race one was quite a disaster... in the second lap I had to go a bit wide on the hairpin to avoid hitting Tal, and I didn't see that @David Slute was there and there was some contact. I'm not sure whose fault it was, but I'll apologize just in case! And just after that I saw a yellow flag near the wall of champions, took my foot off the gas while doing the chicane... and promptly lost my rear and hit the opposite wall. At least I didn't hit *the* wall, right?

Race two was more stable and fun. I wasn't very focused in the beginning and lost quite a few places (didn't expect you to try to retake the position at that spot, @Nox ! Nice move). But I managed to hang on to finish 6th after Nox lost it in the fast chicane... and then, after the race was over, someone didn't brake for the first turn, went zooming past me, I swerved to not hit them, and the game promptly crashed. Ah well. Shame I lost the replay.

I think this is exactly the place to put observations with no actual finger pointing at anyone in particular. But hey if you feel that kind of behaviour is ok, who am I to raise an observation. You must of witnessed it.
No arguments, just me venting. :cool:
At no point in any of my replies is there even the slightest hint that I think that sort of behaviour is okay. I didn't witness it because I was in 2nd at the time, but I know it happens and I don't like it. As I said already, there is a way to iron out that sort of behaviour. That's all I am trying to say.

Edit: Just to add, I completely understand your frustration. I've been there. You wouldn't believe the number of times I have to say the same things week in, week out. I even posted a special reminder for this race and some people still broke rules. I have to say though that there is a core group of guys who race GSC week in week out and are very very clean racers. When a new update for GSC comes in with new cars, it attracts a few other drivers who aren't as, let's say, experienced, and can cause some issues. Some drivers didn't even read the race information.

So that's why I am encouraging reports - I can't remind people of rules any more than I am (and I HATE doing it, but imagine what would happen if I didn't...). Then real action can be taken to cleanse the club and teach people who aren't following the rules that their behaviour will not be tolerated.

All in all though, I had a fun event personally.

At no point in any of my replies is there even the slightest hint that I think that sort of behaviour is okay. I didn't witness it because I was in 2nd at the time, but I know it happens and I don't like it. As I said already, there is a way to iron out that sort of behaviour. That's all I am trying to say.

OK Andrew. Point made. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Trophies