Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well I had a fun race 1! From 23rd on the grid, to finish 8th - great job for me (and all without boost). Got ran into about 5 or 6 times through no fault of my own (can people PLEASE be a little less aggressive?), so I had quite a bit of under-steer at the end, but still got it home. Was pleased I made no major mistakes of my own, and basically I had fun! Thank you all for racing, see you next time!

:mad:

1st race: Qualified 4th which was a nice surprise. After a poor start and minor damage at the first chicane (somebody hit my right side) I was able to get back to fourth when others made mistakes. Then Jan passed me cleanly, and I started to follow him. I spun once but caught Jan later. My big passing effort came on the what I thought was the last lap (according to GID Trackmap thingy), the last corner, but the car oversteered there and had to settle for the 5th place. GID thingy showed me the checkered flag (spotter didn't actually say anything) and it was going to be a warm down lap. Jan and Jason, who was behind me, kept going pretty fast which seemed odd. I steered into the pits, almost taking Jason out (sorry!) and only then I realised my embarassing mistake. The race was still on! I blame the plugins!!! :mad::redface:

2nd race: Q10. Managed to avoid first chicane shenigans. Started to climb the table but on the tight left hairpin on 2nd lap, <mod edit: no finger pointing please; PM each other or make a proper incident report, thank you> Not happy.

Otherwise it was great! I love the high speed S-kurve. :D

That was such an awesome event.

Maybe it was that my first race with gsc (2012, long time ago) was with this combination, maybe it is that my driving skills are perfect for track where you could grow potatoes, but I managed two times to climb up from ~20 to 6th and 9th.

There was great racing all over the place. I only have the doubt if I made Sven spin on T1. We came to the straight and I wanted to use boost to defend. Word of advice: do not map speed limit just next to boost button, ehem. So, ups, quick un-limit, use boost, we were yo-yoing along the straight, came parallel in T1, and then I just saw him sliding out in my mirrors. I did not feel anything so maybe there was zero contact, but he surely must have been thinking I was crazy. :redface:

As others mentioned, something was up with my ping this event. I saw other cars having 500+ ping but they all seemed to be perfectly fine to me, did not notice the slightest bit of lag. Im sorry if the ping on my end caused trouble to others.

As for the races, great fun again with these cars. I had trouble keeping it on the road with all the bumps most of the time but in race 2 I found a way to be safe and still fast. Maybe a bit too fast for some of you on TS but im just going to take that as a compliment;)

R1 for me was a disaster, had a Graphics lockup just after start, hope I didn't hit anyone, it came back, then went again 2 laps in, I quit just in case :cautious:
Restarted my PC, ran the Gsync, that seemed to solve the issue. :thumbsup:
R2 was great, started well, was going good upto 5th then I tried a pass on the home straight, big mistake, I bounced everywhere :roflmao::redface:
Then had an excellent battle with Jason & Alberto, Close & clean racing :thumbsup:
Great combo @Andrew James :thumbsup:

I had an amazing time. R1 was my first top 10 finish (7th, started 15th), with some great battles with @Marc Cabana , @Alberto Casado and @Sven-Arne Andersson . In the last lap I was so nervous (pleasedon'tscrewuppleasedon'tscrewup) I barely noticed Alberto overtaking me quite nicely :)

R2 I made a big mistake and damaged the car badly, so I'm glad I was able to finish. I was looking forward to a battle with @Jeff Lasecki , but you pitted just as I caught you :D

Thanks everyone for the great races, I'll try to make a couple of videos tomorrow.

Just tried these cars, they sound great! Having a small problem though, they seem to pull to the left & right when cornering like as if the steering help is on(its off in the options), its not oversteer as its seems to pull the wheel :unsure: I tried reversing the FFB but that was worse, any ideas?

R2 I made a big mistake and damaged the car badly, so I'm glad I was able to finish. I was looking forward to a battle with @Jeff Lasecki , but you pitted just as I caught you
Forgot to do setup change between races and ran out of gas, ahhhh. That was a lot of fun guys. Thanks for setup Jason, those cars are tough but fantastic. I still can't beat Andrew, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes