Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well, it's been about two months since I've been to a race. A bout of arthritis hit my hands and wrists keeping me form doing many things that I enjoy. It's calmed down a bit, I have all the doctors in the USA working to correct this so I can continue racing. Medication started to handle it a bit so I thought to try a race and see if it was going to kill me and it didn't take much when Yves posted a touring car race at Mosport!

Close times for the crowd that showed up. I qualified with a race full of fuel as is normal for me and was happy to get a decent lap in. R1= I lost a bit of time in Moss's on the first lap and that set me out there all alone which was kinda good, eh. I hammered the track as hard as I could and happy with the end result. R2= A good beginning and the track opened up fairly quickly, not going bumper to bumper was a treat and I tried to make the best of it, eh. Not being the fastest of drivers I put the brakes on in front of someone that was obviously quicker and took a tumble, messing my suspension up and so time to shelve it.

I had some cramps no real shots of pain so I'll try to get back a bit more often. Where did my pain med's go, ouch, ouch , ouch.

Thanks to all for entering and to Yves for all his hard work!

Had a lot of fun racing, especially with @Tero Dahlberg & @Craig Patteson. Good clean racing in both races.
Although after watching the replay of Race 2, apologies to Craig for the last lap 'nudge'.! :thumbsdown:
At the time I thought I had slipped through the gap and you had tried to correct it by turning in. But I see it was me that had drifted out to you.!!!:whistling: So apologies for that. If I thought that at the time I would have slowed/held back on the straight. ....My bad.!:notworthy:

I also had a lot of fun racing last night, especially with @Craig Patteson and @Mark Breslin :) Close, hard and respectful racing is a lot fun in a pressure-free environment like these RD clubs! The three of us also often race each other in RDTCC, but that's an environment that puts more pressure on performing well and so the racing is more selfish.

In these club races I always try to take my time before making a move and also do my best to not have contact while overtaking. Of course I also want to race and do cool, fun overtakes and be a bit aggressive and opportunistic. But again, by not making contact or forcing anyone off etc.

I think race 2 especially was really fun! Most of the race was studying the car in front and then making a move. And the last 4-5 laps were great because I had a clear track and car felt great and I did all my fastest laps there trying to see how much I could close @Steve Le Gallez 's 10-11 second gap before the end. But I knew I wouldn't be able to catch him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes