Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Race 1 was fun.

Race 2 was about as messy crazy as expected :p
There, fixed your typo. :p

Race 2 was nuts, I climbed from the last position (lower than 32nd), then rose to 6th place. I wish I could've finished that race but something unexpected happened when braking into the hairpin in one of the last turns. Maybe someone hit me under braking, I gotta check the replay. When I lost control I basically slid across the corner and crashed into the leader. I was given a Stop N Go penalty so I crawled in the pits and just pressed ESC; no point in continuing for the last few minutes. Nevertheless, clear as day most of these guys belong in the lower group. I'm saying that with all respect, guys...no offense. :p

Race 1 was unexpected for me...didn't expect to have that kind of pace compared to the rest of top 4 or so, was able to control it all. Good stuff, got plenty of experience for the real thing, where hopefully some good challengers await!

Very much happenings! So much fun, this makes simracing so much worth it, and it was a club race!

Many tail-happy moments at the back on race 1, was good practice to avoid spinning cars and loads of smoke :)

And I experienced the wonders of a full reversed grid, snatching 2nd place after the first turn! I don't think my heart ever beat this fast in my life while I've been sitting down :D

Eventually fell down the order, but near the end it was brilliant to get front seats for watching an intense battle for 12th between @Christopher Vrettos and @Kevin Endermann : you guys were throwing it on the fast left hander "parabolica" like I couldn't believe! It seemed like a championship battle at the last race on the last lap, every lap!

Thank you everybody who participated, and the organizing team for putting up an astonishing build-up to the season :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well that was wild! :O

First off, apologies:
- for stalling on the grid in first race as I'm an idiot and don't know how to operate launch control :D
- for accidentally bumping and passing Mike Bell in the first race but I did give the position back. Just had to delay it a bit to try and not let other cars pass me too :D
- for another "kind of" bump and pass with Olsson on the second to last lap or so of race 2. Initially I thought it was borderline and maybe I'll be okay with it but then thought as it's a club race and supposed to be fun I decided to give the position back

Obviously I need some practice for Saturday but should be a ton of fun once the league starts :) My only concern is that people will be a bit too aggressive and I saw some pretty crazy group accidents. I know it happens fast when lots of people are close and all it takes is a small touch or a mistake to get things rolling. But hopefully people will err on the side of caution when there are points on the line :)

Thanks for showing up everyone! :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the calamitous race 2 start. The only thing running through my mind was "I am going to inadvertently create chaos"...

Being a rookie as well, i have **** tons to learn and get up to speed with...
Thanks for the tips and advices!

Get Blocked Hard in Qually, ended P30 (lol reverse grid practice :D)

Seems like everyone from 20th back was asleep so took 20th into turn 1 :D Made a few more places then spun in turn 1 on lap 2 (win), recovered to p11? I think.

Race 2, Get thru the start crash and up to 4th place really quickly, took some time catching the top 3 since Tobias wouldn't leave me alone :p eventually caught and got through into the lead with some gap behind (no slipstreams from mee :D) then BOSH! *in true Batman style the word appeared on the screen* I get T-boned through the left hand hairpin in sector 3 :cry: Damage and time loss but ended up 6th?

Looking foreward to RDTCC now (hopefully with less T-Boning)

That was really chaotic at times, but good fun all the same! I seemed to get caught up in every pile up in race 2, but there were some really good battles as well. Should make for a very competitive championship.

Really sorry to whoever I clipped in race 2 (possibly Dennis?) heading into the first turn. Totally outbraked myself! :(

Race 2 was indeed an unholy mess.
Nevertheless, clear as day most of these guys belong in the lower group. I'm saying that with all respect, guys...no offense. :p

None taken, and I quite agree.
(Personally I have no wish to be on Server 1, rather have someone to race. :D )
But having said that, and with no disrespect intended either......
When you're fast and start from the bottom of a reversed grid, why is it so hard to remember that the guys in front will be braking earlier than you're used to?
This week and last week I got plowed into, and spun off.
You guys are supposed to be the skilled ones, right? So keep a little distance for ***** sake. :mad:
I know you want to get to the head of the field so you can win, but you'll get there within one or two laps anyway.

Same goes for us slow-pokes. Know what you can and cannot do.
IMO there are far too many hyper-aggressive people without the skills to back it up.
After watching the replays from tonights two races, for the first time in my life, I'm seriously considering reporting someone.
That wasn't driving, that was vehicular pinball, bouncing off kerbs, cars and the occasional signpost.

The point is, if you're not skilful enough to race for the win, at least try to race clean.

@Lars Hansen , slow pokes can do a mistake with the braking too; brake too late! :p.

@Tume Absolutely.
Mistakes can and do happen, and a bit of bumping is arguably an integral part of TC racing.
I'm hardly a flawless driver myself, the grass in my intakes serves as a vivid reminder of that. :p
But....I do try my damnedest not to cause incidents, even if that means I'll lose a position.

The thing that is starting to piss me off, is the mad stampede through the field by the 'aliens', and the over-aggressiveness of some of the mid-field drivers.
Now, I'm sorry as hell that I'm both slow and in front of you, but if someone behind me wants to get past, I'm his problem, he's not my problem.
If I stick to my line and there's no room to get past, you wait.
If I brake very early to ensure I don't hit the guy in front of me, you wait.
If I pick a weird line through a turn that unfortunately blocks your perfect line, you wait.
Don't get me wrong, if I have someone behind me that I know is far faster, I have no problem going wide to let him by if there is room.
But with a full grid, there's simply no room to move over in the first few corners.

For a large crowd, and one not normally in a club event here I think you all performed very well! Entries onto the track from the pit and after off's didn't get in the way of others. I misread the league rules and thought ABS was not allowed so I put the server up that way, for all the pre-league races in the next few weeks there will be ABS available.

As I would only be a Server 3 driver if I were in the league I was quite happy with the speed I could attain and eve n do it during Quali. Of course, it placed me higher on the grid than I wanted and though I tried to DQ myself I was too late. But it all worked out.

Doing quite well in R1.....until ..:)...on L4 I locked my rears going into the slow hairpin and created quite a mess for everyone. I tried to sit still but the car did move on its own a bit. Several drivers couldn't find a way around me, sorry for that. That lost me all my places, I dd maintain my pace and ended up high enough to stick around for R2.

Made it through T1 OK but ran into a car being spun around at T2 and lost a few places getting back on. Not quite close racing but I was"strategically" racing against Lars Hansen and Martin Maaskant for positions over the rest of the race.

Thanks to all for signing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play