Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
If you didn't back the Reiza crowdfunding campaign, but you have SCE on Steam, when will this be available please? It hasn't appeared in my steam library at all.

If you have SCE on Steam before January 5th you should already have Automobilista available in your library. We are checking with Valve why some SCE / AMS Beta owners do not seem to have it. Please allow us some time to verify this.

Formula V10 has auto shifting even with all aids disabled in menu. And it also feels like it has other aids enabled, like traction control, but still everything is turned off in the menu and also shows all off in car display, when on track.
Tried other formula cars and seem fine.

That is because that car did have such driving aids. You can disable or change settings for electronic aids from the garage menu - it is completely decoupled from the gameplay aids of the same name.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh, be assured we´re not asking this to give you extra work, it needs to be done.

That is because that car did have such driving aids. You can disable or change settings for electronic aids from the garage menu - it is completely decoupled from the gameplay aids of the same name.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh, be assured we´re not asking this to give you extra work, it needs to be done.
Thanks, I checked now and turned them all off, feels great.
I don't use settings from SCE, starting all fresh in AMS.

I have another problem though. I'm using ignition assist off. I can use the ignition and starter in the pits to pull off. But for example if I slow down to 0kmh on the road, or if I spin the car and go off track, the Starter button doesn't do anything, Ignition works, but I can't use the car any more.
I noticed this problem with fv10, f reiza, f extreme, fv12. But if I use a Stock car and stop to 0kmh, Starter works, just not with those formula cars.

Thanks, I checked now and turned them all off, feels great.
I don't use settings from SCE, starting all fresh in AMS.

I have another problem though. I'm using ignition assist off. I can use the ignition and starter in the pits to pull off. But for example if I slow down to 0kmh on the road, or if I spin the car and go off track, the Starter button doesn't do anything, Ignition works, but I can't use the car any more.
I noticed this problem with fv10, f reiza, f extreme, fv12. But if I use a Stock car and stop to 0kmh, Starter works, just not with those formula cars.
I think those you listed don't have a onboard starter ;)

I bet that's also a feature to reflect real life accuratly. I'm sure a Stock Car has its own sarter while a formula car hasn't and can only get started externaly in the pits. So once you stall a real formula car outside the pits you're done. ;)

Ah okay, thanks for info. Makes sense. Just didn't seem intuitive at first, as I didn't know these technicalities of F1 cars.

What about when some drivers spin off track and are able to get back, they don't let the car stall or have a starter? Because I remember some moments when F1 cars go into the gravel then get out, leaving a hole as the rear wheels push out the gravel. I don't remember if in the current times or many years ago.

They may press the clutch before coming to a stop/spinning backwards, so the engine doesnt stall. Works in SCE too.

Yes in the previous years the driver was required to get on the clutch and keep the revs up to stop the engine from stalling. In recent years though the cars in F1 now have an anti-stall system which tries to stop the stalling happen. The ECU detects the engine revs dropping too low and is in danger of cutting out (hence why some cars have bad starts, the engine revs drop too much and the anti-stall cuts in).

Some of the systems also pull the clutch automatically as well so the cars are more forgivable when they spin or take a trip into the gravel trap. I think this was allowed in the regulations due to the clutch now being a paddle on the steering wheel, it's difficult to pull the clutch if you're spinning the steering wheel around! ;) I think there are certain limits on how much of a help this can be, otherwise it can be viewed as a driver aid. It also could be used as a sneaky form of launch control.....

Last edited:
Can anyone help us... I have the game running at 60fps limited yet it does not appear to run smooth... There are regular slight pauses which are doing my head in. I did follow @Kurupt CDN advice early as it looked awful on first play
If you have an nvidia card, set max rendered frames at 1 in nvidia control panel: from reports in the beta forum, that fixed the stuttering issue (with the fps limited also). Not sure for AMD, there was a longer discussion and they got me lost… Hope someone will post the right info for AMD too!

Can anyone help us... I have the game running at 60fps limited yet it does not appear to run smooth... There are regular slight pauses which are doing my head in. I did follow @Kurupt CDN advice early as it looked awful on first play
If you are getting little pauses every few seconds, then try turning time scale to "none", when setting up a race. If you are getting occasional stuttery framedrops, particularly with external cameras when there are lots of cars on screen, try turning anisotropic filtering down to 4X or 2X. You'll hardly notice the difference but your computer will thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back