V1.1.1.3 -> V1.1.2.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

Tracks

• Added Spa Francorchamps 1993 layout
Vehicles
  • Added Group C class featuring Sauber Mercedes C9 & Porsche 962C
  • Added Stock Car 1999 Omega series
GENERAL
  • Implemented new LiveTrack wet weather rubber washing (rubber is now gradually washed away from track surface as it gets saturated with water)
  • Expanded available opponent classes to 9 (10 total)
  • Bumped headlight range from 160 to 240m for all cars
  • Corrected number of opponents in Championship mode to match the series current total number of opponents
  • Added function to set different presets of rubber depending on type of session (making option available to player will soon follow)
  • Added new functions to control when vehicle headlights & tail lights should remain on and DRS rules remain disabled based on track wetness threshold (previously was solely based on environment light levels)
  • Replaced Spa 2020 with Spa 1993 on the calendar of pre-2005 championships

UI & HUD
  • Re-styled event rules & regulations page
  • Re-styled single player opponent settings page
  • Added help texts to online Opponent settings screen
  • Fixed wrong value link on gear 7/8 assignments
  • Fixed redundant adjustable wing setup option being available for cars without such aero components
  • Corrected tire names for various cars using street or semi-slick compounds
  • Fixed missing French & German localization for track limits setting
  • Adjusted font size on track limit warnings labels for Rules & Regulations UI screen

FFB
  • Introduced routine to reset FFB in case of FFB loss (game detects the loss and reset FFB automatically, should be seamless for player)
  • Adjusted default FFB profile for more accurate self-aligning torque, milder force spikes over big bumps and other such sudden tire oad.change; adjusted effect from braking torque (should provide better feedback during lockups); split FX signal from Low Force Boost setting

PHYSICS
  • Added slow damping function to all tires (generally improves tire damping & fixes bouncing effect at very slow speeds previously proeminent in formula cars)
  • Added intermediate & extreme tyre compounds for modern protos, GTs & formulas
  • Adjusted tire tread for 60s touring cars, Opalas, Copas Fusca, Uno, Truck, Caterham Academy & F-Trainer
  • Adjusted semi-slick tire tread (F-Trainer Advanced, Caterhams, ARC Camaro)
  • Adjusted F-Vee, Opala 1979 & Old Stock tire treads
  • Increased RPM threshold for reduced engine life in 2-stroke karts
  • Moved Metalmoro AJR diffuser center of pressure rearwards by 2cm (slightly rebalancing overall aero distribution)
  • Slightly falloff rates in rain for all slick tires (addressing issues with tires losing all adherence beyond a certain saturation point)
  • Minor stifness adjustment to GT / Proto / StockCar tire carcasses
  • Added minor preload resistance to open diffs in cars with more powerful engines
  • Adjusted Porsche 911 GT1 engine compression curve
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Mclaren F1 GTR & Mercedes CLK in GT1 class
  • Minor crankshaft mass adjustments to F1 cars
  • Corrected 720S GT3 negative rear toe setting (setup reset recommended)
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for Copa Truck, F-Trainers (requires setup reset recommended)

AI
  • Various AI behavior improvements, adding car-specific parameters to improve their overtaking assesments both against human player and AI vs AI
  • Added car-specific overrides for previously global parameters controlling the amount of lifting off the throttle AI would do while running over puddles, & introduced new car-specific parameter controlling the amount of lifting while on wet tires (generally less than on dry tires, improves their straightline performance when going through large amounts of standing water)
  • Added several car-specific overrides for previously global AI parameters such as brake and reaccelaration distance thresholds, start reaction times, distance triggers for defending position
  • Reduced likelihood of AI crashing into wall when side by side with human
  • Increased AI drivers performance range
  • Minor AI callibration pass for performance dropoff with tire wear
  • Azure: Smoothed corridors in several locations
  • Slightly increased AI grip @ Bathurst, Nurburgring GP & Velocitta

TRACKS
  • Adelaide: reduced road mesh noise; smooth curb at entrance to T13
  • Imola: Fixed camera man pop up
  • Kyalami: removed glitchy helicopter animation
  • Silverstone: trimmed 3D grass clipping walls in some places; fixed a few object pop ups; consolidated some grand stands into larger objects (same materials); optimized shadows
  • Revised "Max AI participants" for various tracks, correcting when this differed from available garage slots
  • Disabled DOF blur in all trackside VR cams for tracks that have them (currently only Grade A tracks)

VEHICLES
  • F-V10 Gen2: fixed visual tire tread not corresponding the actual tire when switching from wet to dry
  • F-Classic (all gens): added Dirt/Scratch map + New UV channel 3 mapping for carbon fiber cockpit material
  • Copa Montana: added Dirt/Scratch map
  • BMW M6 GT3: Fixed red carpaint issue in cockpit view (car #91)
  • F-V10: Fixed visual glitch with windscreen in rain
  • Gol Classic B: Fixed front splitter glitch
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed oil pressure needle
  • F3 F309: corrected RPM bars range
  • Lancer R & RS: Livery override entry added for windscreen and wing
  • Corrected cockpit POV in Metalmoro AJR, Mclaren 570S, Ultima GTR
  • Corrected rain tire tread for F-Retros

Last edited:
Again, I respect your post. I want to like AC for example but I can't gel with the driving feel. Same thing for rF2, most people swear by its physics and FFB and to me it feels like I'm driving hoverboards, with only a few exceptions. That is, TO ME. How I feel about them. I would never go to the threads on those sims forums to bash them, I'm not 13 years old. Live and let live. Or drive and let drive.
Oh, how interestingly you devalue the opinions of others that differ from yours. So only those who are 13 can criticize? You talk about being able to live/let live, but in the thread you express your dissatisfaction - this is nonsense.

I like the substitution of concepts - since when did AMS2 become a sacred cow? Go to the RF2 forum and you'll realize that there's just a huge amount of negativity, but no one is trying to defend the game, because OBJECTIVELY the game has flaws and they need to be discussed.

Last edited:
Anyone else having a tough time coming to terms with the turn-in behavior of the Omega in this update? It would be nice if Reiza could somehow give us the missing info outside of the game when pieces of the setup UI are absent like they are for the differential with this car. It wouldn’t even have to be the specific (unadjustable) values, just a line of text somewhere like “FYI car is modeled with an unadjustable LSD” or something along those lines.

When it’s something substantial like the diff type that’s absent from the UI, it leaves us users kind of palms-up wondering if maybe we should be driving the car differently (spool), the car’s physics are just in an early state of development, or we just happen to suck at that particular car.

Last edited:
Oh, how interestingly you devalue the opinions of others that differ from yours. So only those who are 13 can criticize? You talk about being able to live/let live, but in the thread you express your dissatisfaction - this is nonsense.

I like the substitution of concepts - since when did AMS2 become a sacred cow? Go to the RF2 forum and you'll realize that there's just a huge amount of negativity, but no one is trying to defend the game, because OBJECTIVELY the game has flaws and they need to be discussed.

I don't know what's going on the rF2 cause it's not my sim of choice so I don't bother to go there. I don't waste my time going to another sims forum to talk **** about it, like some other people.

You don't like AMS2? Good for you, then what's the point of going to every AMS2 thread to criticize it? Just go play something else, and have a good time. Those of us who do enjoy AMS2 will be driving the hell out of it (flaws and all, as I stated before "other sims may do some things better" and no sim is perfect)

Cheers!

Just did a short AI race (105%) with the Group C Sauber C9 on "Silverstone Historic 1975 (no chicane)", starting with rain and progressively changing to Clear, and it was pure bliss on every level. That car requires all your attention, but once you get it, you can do incredible things with it ! Group C cars are best on fast circuits. Hockenheim 2001 also highly recommended ! The AI has really improved, especially in the rain and the when the track is drying up. Watch your back because if you are not fast enough, it will pass you at some corners (100% aggression). AMS2 offers some unique experiences and immersion that no other sims can provide. The amount or car/track/weather progression/time of day progression combinations blows my mind !

Last edited:
Why join this "useless conversation" in the first place then. Nobody asked or cares about your opinion
Do you know if the conversation will be constructive before it even begins?
Do you only give your opinion on the forum when you are asked? What the hell are you talking about? :roflmao:

Looks like I got into the AMS2 advocates club, not the RD-forum.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Nobody asked or cares about your opinion
May be you don't, but please don't generalize, it is an opinion of a paying customer who has
same rights to express dissatisfaction with the purchased product as you your joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I can.

If you're not 13, you're not busy, and you know how to respond to messages like an adult, that would be enough to understand.

I'll leave this useless conversation.

I guess if you have nothing better to spend your time on... Suit yourself.

Complaining never fixed anything, ever. Especially when you're not in a position to fix it yourself. You're welcome to waste your time and energy though!

Back on topic, I'm rediscovering some of these cars and they feel great. Like tonight driving the Sprint Car and Camaro AMC at Adelaide was a blast! That little Camaro especially is just so much fun.

Do you know if the conversation will be constructive before it even begins?
Do you only give your opinion on the forum when you are asked? What the hell are you talking about? :roflmao:

Looks like I got into the AMS2 advocates club, not the RD-forum.
Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday. Yet I'm still fed up with the same people over and over visiting a thread just to repeat the same stuff over and over again. Physics bad, madness engine bad, pc2 content bad. I just don't see the point, if it at least was in any way constructive. Jumping cars was really only the Gt Porsches and that's been fixed for months.

Obviously people in the AMS2 subforum will appreciate the work renato and his team put in the game and on the other hand will discuss actual problems and wishes for the game. And of course these people will be annoyed when there is the same crowd of haters just shitting on the game for no reason.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday. Yet I'm still fed up with the same people over and over visiting a thread just to repeat the same stuff over and over again. Physics bad, madness engine bad, pc2 content bad. I just don't see the point, if it at least was in any way constructive. Jumping cars was really only the Gt Porsches and that's been fixed for months.

Obviously people in the AMS2 subforum will appreciate the work renato and his team put in the game and on the other hand will discuss actual problems and wishes for the game. And of course these people will be annoyed when there is the same crowd of haters just shitting on the game for no reason.
No problem, mate.

My first reply in this thread referred to criticism in general, but my previous posts in other threads can only be seen as praise for Reiza.

I wish Reiza would pay attention to things like damping and more fine-tuning the FFB, rather than content, which we already have a lot of. Yes, content makes money, but if they extended the season pass, I think they should give more love to the problem of rear wheel traction and all that - many people, including myself, don't feel when the rear wheels come off the asphalt and it destroys all the pluses, of which there are so many in AMS2.

I don't think Reiza doesn't know about it, but I think it's right to remind that such a problem exists.

Last edited:
I wish Reiza would pay attention to things like damping and more fine-tuning the FFB, rather than content, which we already have a lot of. Yes, content makes money, but if they extended the season pass, I think they should give more love to the problem of rear wheel traction and all that - many people, including myself, don't feel when the rear wheels come off the asphalt and it destroys all the pluses, of which there are so many in AMS2.

I agree that the default FFB profile is not yet as good as it could be (although it has been improved). There is some kind of rear slip effect if you increase the FX slider, but to me it is distracting and makes catching slides harder than without.

However, with some of the Silver Raw custom FFB profiles I have found much improved results. Especially v31 was very good for me in terms of information relevant to grip levels and catching clides, as has been reported by others, although the latest version v51 is close to the same level. It really does pay off to find the version best suited for your wheelbase and spend some time doing tests to see if they can improve your FFB experience.

Just did a short AI race (105%) with the Group C Sauber C9 on "Silverstone Historic 1975 (no chicane)", starting with rain and progressively changing to Clear, and it was pure bliss on every level. That car requires all your attention, but once you get it, you can do incredible things with it ! Group C cars are best on fast circuits. Hockenheim 2001 also highly recommended ! The AI has really improved, especially in the rain and the when the track is drying up. Watch your back because if you are not fast enough, it will pass you at some corners (100% aggression). AMS2 offers some unique experiences and immersion that no other sims can provide. The amount or car/track/weather progression/time of day progression combinations blows my mind !

Group C is amazing. I am not a detractor but seriously while thats a highlight I cannot say the same for much of the game.

Its like they go a step forward and a step sideways and backwards all at the same time.

In every facet bar that little delight, but raceroom is simply way better overall which one may expect given its time being around, but even so. Even their Group C cars are very well done.

The AI did improve, but again I can only think about dedicating any game time beyond just checking it out, to raceroom.

In its place AMS2, I would choose original assetto corsa. I cant get into ACC, and thus, the door is closing for AMS2 in many regards and I do not see that changing. My main game to play is raceroom. I was disgusted when I had to sink so much money into it - but it kind of makes sense (though seriously change that, its got a player count which is negatively astounding, cannot fathom, but higher peaks of about 1000)

Its a pretty dour note, understood. So other areas of the game which are great would be G58 P1 Ginetta. Spa is great, both versions, nord is too, old kylami and old silverstone and hockenheim and austria, all really good.

But every release is marred by something or is not up to snuff in some way. I am sure I am leaving out many things. But 50% good is something I would say about the game, which is concerning given its coming up to a year of release. And still no mode in sight.

One other highlight is the default force feed back which made me go wow.

However none of this can push it from the place raceroom takes - it has spa, group c, et all, and it does take the cake. Also only 200 concurrent people play AMS2, which while I am not looking to be a sheep, is a telling note.

Its a difficult genre; and a shame because the madness engine is very good. But when we look at raceroom maps they are extreemly close to the real thing, on youtube you can check the comparisons, and also the cars feel so good. They do not suffer being patchy in spots.

Its an underappreciated game both of them, but especially raceroom as its so good.

Last edited:
Its a difficult genre; and a shame because the madness engine is very good. But when we look at raceroom maps they are extreemly close to the real thing, on youtube you can check the comparisons, and also the cars feel so good. They do not suffer being patchy in spots.

Its an underappreciated game both of them, but especially raceroom as its so good.

Eh, while I like R3E as well, its tyre model is way too peaky imo. That makes it hard to maintain slip angles let alone do any kind of controlled slide. That's fine for GT3 and modern touring cars, but when I see people rave about the NSU or the FRJr, I roll my eyes and decide these people must have never tried comparable vehicles in AMS2 or rF2. The sheer driving pleasure of Copa Unos or the Mini 1965 simply does not exist in the current R3E tyre model. But that's fine because it gives me an excuse to play both.

Eh, while I like R3E as well, its tyre model is way too peaky imo. That makes it hard to maintain slip angles let alone do any kind of controlled slide. That's fine for GT3 and modern touring cars, but when I see people rave about the NSU or the FRJr, I roll my eyes and decide these people must have never tried comparable vehicles in AMS2 or rF2. The sheer driving pleasure of Copa Unos or the Mini 1965 simply does not exist in the current R3E tyre model. But that's fine because it gives me an excuse to play both.

I see it much the same way. Yes I do agree with you on many of those things. One car I absolutely love is the MCR - but even I will say its way too grippy/aerodynamic perhaps or at least the thing is overly perfect.

I just feel from a gameplay perspective the game is so much fun and I can forgive its foibles. Its not entirely out of step with reality. The cars are a handful, the racing tests one's skills and the AI is good and its a pleasant artistic athsetic and scale.

On that point dial in the setups as much as possible. Right track/right setup and it reaches great heights as a game. No, one cannot eradicate that out, that kind of thing, but its more than bearable in my view. I can see how not everyone would agree with that in order to reach a kind of satisfactory outcome/enjoyment level worth investing time into. You probably do - but I bet another set of people would thumb their noses at it.

__

edit/add: Based on R.S's latest dev update they strive for such things as well. I stated elsewhere I think obviously RR has got a higher overall standard, but thats not to say many AMS2 cars are way above the line or threshold in order to be considered 'wow' or excellent.

I would be off now to for example race the P1 ginetta at Spa 93/new. The update, of which just got patched with an 8MB extra was a particularly good one. I just think its a base and not an end goal, so they are at different stages. I have ditched the custom ffb, and feel as though its a new beginning for the franchise. Without being a 'detractor' I think I have got enough of a feel for AMS2 to confidently downplay it somewhat when it comes to games, because time is probably better spent in other ways be that raceroom or some such. I am no different to the thousands of others who bought it, but I do expect I will keep my eyes on it as I have been.

So thats my point about the update - I think of this in positive terms, one cannot just invest energy into a pit, or over invest or even invent superlatives for the game. The update to me signaled a changing atmosphere. It can stand on its own two feet as a game and it is what it is. I'd think its the 1.0.

But honestly you said it better than me. I'll just say that I credit ams2 with making take serious note of the sim racers, and for founding my interest in Spa (notwithstanding the short moments in f12019), as an actual race track worth my time. Even if I had seen it since Microprose Grand Prix 92 iirc. I never rated it until I simmed the Group C on the 93 version.

Last edited:
I see it much the same way. Yes I do agree with you on many of those things. One car I absolutely love is the MCR - but even I will say its way too grippy/aerodynamic perhaps or at least the thing is overly perfect.

I just feel from a gameplay perspective the game is so much fun and I can forgive its foibles. Its not entirely out of step with reality. The cars are a handful, the racing tests one's skills and the AI is good and its a pleasant artistic athsetic and scale....

[me: etc etc]

Well after changing settings to the driving today in AMS2 I must say and of course racing on the 1988 imola, with the v10 and ginetta, I am again amazed with sim racing and wondered.

I use only 75 gain and usually 100 in per-car, and 0,0,0 settings.

usually the cars have as a base softer front springs slightly lower toward zero camber, maybe increased power a few in driveline.

The big change is the ffb matching all those new physics things they been doing - and of course its more linear and appropriate than the custom now. And ofcourse for my wheelbase, not having fx and lfb on and able to run it with 0 dampener, its made everything like the rack was with the custom prior to last week - tight and supple.

When the game actually gets some features it will be even better. Now the AI is improved races are far more viable.

I note 350ish people play it at one time. If it had features that may well be 1,500+. Its definitely on par with raceroom but in different ways - its visual compent is better as is the modern interpretation of scale and environment.

^ I mean: i.e you expect a road or 1meter squared to be a certain size and the horizon a certain scale toward that and the steering wheel a certain size...i.e the scale I don't know/guess is 30% larger than the isi engine.

Its maybe what doom was and quake, then you get modern titles like overwatch and things are larger.

yes people have experienced that in Pcars 2 of which I own and all the dlc, but that game was garish by comparison, and I know a lot of the models are similar etc, but the pallette and various other tweaks have brightened it and made it more appropriate.

Of course its hard for me to talk in terms of both titles not taking away from the other just because it exists, but I think its fair to say now that after a tweak or two I am not in a mood to admonish the game overly much. And that its enjoyment levels, despite being one year old, are back perhaps to what it was in pre september, (where most people felt it should be kicking along) to around july or august. Or just before it got 976 concurrent. Where realism was low-as, but enjoyment was up, and I think its of course a lot better in both now.

cars I would have expected and are good versus track

Porsche cup 3.8 esp/ 4.0 (gt3 probably too) on donnington. its doing well. just tighten up the front sway bar by a notch or two, one usually; but highlighted because you can barely adjust anything on these cars and they go just fine it seems in most places now. BUT make sure you add positive toe (1.0 or such) to the rear on the 3.8 and lift power ramp a tad, maybe high 70s/low 80s. Coast too, and 100 viscous lock seems. Then make sure that front sway bar is 15 to put it below the 20 of the back

imola 1988 and v10 gen 2. Brilliant.

various with ginetta p1 variant.

Those things were troublesome only recently and now more viable and believable and fun than ever.

__

Btw - I listed my 3.8 cup /donnington setup - because if you plug that in, coast is about 44 iirc, you will begin to have some REAL racing if you don't already. Its a good little focus/challenge.

Its probably on race room levels, sure. Constantly correct the thing and feather the pedals, coast a fair bit round as many parts of the bend as you can, its some good driving on a cramped circuit.

^> Or just load the mcr (p4) to default I think, and you'll have a blast at donnington. Now, is that particular car/track thingo the match of something like raceroom, well no its not. Its less able to be affected by setup and a bit more not-quite-it (maybe theres not enough lift off over steer or something but you can throw it into corners;

since fixed

so when you lift off its got some more uptake for a turn, lots of downforce, but I find it stiff in the final 30 degrees of turn-in... or its just default setup),

since fixed

cont. .... but its great all the same. Not too much off, but this just goes to show the game is coming along.

Too often in elitism we want best by .0004 (doesn't matter how close), well I do not look at it like that here. Its a car that is
forgiving by comparison to the cup Porsche here

(so it looks like my front spring was at 67, one notch down. It was therefore not default. Maybe this is why I made it softer previously, thus now doing a reset).

^ > On default its got a LOT of lift off. Hrm. Then lowering the camber will give you more forward thrust. to about -2.0.

__

Porsche cayman gt4 better than ever.

McLaren F1 and other road cars, new tires and grip, better than ever. This will be obvious. Even the metalmoro duratec is going ok. have not tried roco

am tracking virginia currently.

__

Brands hatch v12 race, bonnet camera (above vehicle looking at nose), looks great and feels great. getting close to vr, in a strictly 2d sense. Race is intense and can be done on default. (yes we nearly pulled the trigger on a vr headset because of this game lol; you always love the words "we'll go halves" in something ! :) ! [1.5 months ago] )

Last edited:
They REALLY need to fix the god damned mother farrk.....

Ok. that setup menu menu-spring. a source of intense and persistent frustration. it can literally ruin setups you're putting together. You can go into it and the spring function back to center is not working/off center. If you're on value 56 out of 100, and its then down to 20, and you do not remember it was on value 56 - you have 99 possible combinations.

Last edited:
I’m just curious if anyone else is finding themselves putting wheels off the edge of the track in the two Group C cars more than other cars. I don’t what it is about the cockpit views for these cars but I swear there’s just something about them that my brain doesn’t take well to. No particular issues with other cars (right or left hand drive) and I haven’t changed my FOV settings at all since the first month the game was out. It’s just the two Group C cars for some reason. I’m on a single 27” 1440p display BTW.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.