V1.1.1.3 -> V1.1.2.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

Tracks

• Added Spa Francorchamps 1993 layout
Vehicles
  • Added Group C class featuring Sauber Mercedes C9 & Porsche 962C
  • Added Stock Car 1999 Omega series
GENERAL
  • Implemented new LiveTrack wet weather rubber washing (rubber is now gradually washed away from track surface as it gets saturated with water)
  • Expanded available opponent classes to 9 (10 total)
  • Bumped headlight range from 160 to 240m for all cars
  • Corrected number of opponents in Championship mode to match the series current total number of opponents
  • Added function to set different presets of rubber depending on type of session (making option available to player will soon follow)
  • Added new functions to control when vehicle headlights & tail lights should remain on and DRS rules remain disabled based on track wetness threshold (previously was solely based on environment light levels)
  • Replaced Spa 2020 with Spa 1993 on the calendar of pre-2005 championships

UI & HUD
  • Re-styled event rules & regulations page
  • Re-styled single player opponent settings page
  • Added help texts to online Opponent settings screen
  • Fixed wrong value link on gear 7/8 assignments
  • Fixed redundant adjustable wing setup option being available for cars without such aero components
  • Corrected tire names for various cars using street or semi-slick compounds
  • Fixed missing French & German localization for track limits setting
  • Adjusted font size on track limit warnings labels for Rules & Regulations UI screen

FFB
  • Introduced routine to reset FFB in case of FFB loss (game detects the loss and reset FFB automatically, should be seamless for player)
  • Adjusted default FFB profile for more accurate self-aligning torque, milder force spikes over big bumps and other such sudden tire oad.change; adjusted effect from braking torque (should provide better feedback during lockups); split FX signal from Low Force Boost setting

PHYSICS
  • Added slow damping function to all tires (generally improves tire damping & fixes bouncing effect at very slow speeds previously proeminent in formula cars)
  • Added intermediate & extreme tyre compounds for modern protos, GTs & formulas
  • Adjusted tire tread for 60s touring cars, Opalas, Copas Fusca, Uno, Truck, Caterham Academy & F-Trainer
  • Adjusted semi-slick tire tread (F-Trainer Advanced, Caterhams, ARC Camaro)
  • Adjusted F-Vee, Opala 1979 & Old Stock tire treads
  • Increased RPM threshold for reduced engine life in 2-stroke karts
  • Moved Metalmoro AJR diffuser center of pressure rearwards by 2cm (slightly rebalancing overall aero distribution)
  • Slightly falloff rates in rain for all slick tires (addressing issues with tires losing all adherence beyond a certain saturation point)
  • Minor stifness adjustment to GT / Proto / StockCar tire carcasses
  • Added minor preload resistance to open diffs in cars with more powerful engines
  • Adjusted Porsche 911 GT1 engine compression curve
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Mclaren F1 GTR & Mercedes CLK in GT1 class
  • Minor crankshaft mass adjustments to F1 cars
  • Corrected 720S GT3 negative rear toe setting (setup reset recommended)
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for Copa Truck, F-Trainers (requires setup reset recommended)

AI
  • Various AI behavior improvements, adding car-specific parameters to improve their overtaking assesments both against human player and AI vs AI
  • Added car-specific overrides for previously global parameters controlling the amount of lifting off the throttle AI would do while running over puddles, & introduced new car-specific parameter controlling the amount of lifting while on wet tires (generally less than on dry tires, improves their straightline performance when going through large amounts of standing water)
  • Added several car-specific overrides for previously global AI parameters such as brake and reaccelaration distance thresholds, start reaction times, distance triggers for defending position
  • Reduced likelihood of AI crashing into wall when side by side with human
  • Increased AI drivers performance range
  • Minor AI callibration pass for performance dropoff with tire wear
  • Azure: Smoothed corridors in several locations
  • Slightly increased AI grip @ Bathurst, Nurburgring GP & Velocitta

TRACKS
  • Adelaide: reduced road mesh noise; smooth curb at entrance to T13
  • Imola: Fixed camera man pop up
  • Kyalami: removed glitchy helicopter animation
  • Silverstone: trimmed 3D grass clipping walls in some places; fixed a few object pop ups; consolidated some grand stands into larger objects (same materials); optimized shadows
  • Revised "Max AI participants" for various tracks, correcting when this differed from available garage slots
  • Disabled DOF blur in all trackside VR cams for tracks that have them (currently only Grade A tracks)

VEHICLES
  • F-V10 Gen2: fixed visual tire tread not corresponding the actual tire when switching from wet to dry
  • F-Classic (all gens): added Dirt/Scratch map + New UV channel 3 mapping for carbon fiber cockpit material
  • Copa Montana: added Dirt/Scratch map
  • BMW M6 GT3: Fixed red carpaint issue in cockpit view (car #91)
  • F-V10: Fixed visual glitch with windscreen in rain
  • Gol Classic B: Fixed front splitter glitch
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed oil pressure needle
  • F3 F309: corrected RPM bars range
  • Lancer R & RS: Livery override entry added for windscreen and wing
  • Corrected cockpit POV in Metalmoro AJR, Mclaren 570S, Ultima GTR
  • Corrected rain tire tread for F-Retros

Last edited:
Totally agree, this latest update is a great example of Reiza steadiness at improving their title. Also worth noting that they have been true to their words since the beginning, understanding and acknowledging the title shortcomings, the candour and lucidity is refreshing. I am quite found of Reiza as a developer, even though what they are producing might not be targeted to my particular taste, they deserve respect from all of us from their hard work to the dedication they show to their supporters.
As every month, I am looking forward to next month update, have fun with what is offered.
AMS2 does not have to be the sim of all sim to be of value and deliver simulation gratification, none of the sim deliver an ultimate experience, it is all about compromise and individuals perceptions on what constitutes a better experience.
Reiza and AMS2 already belong in the select group of serious simulator contender, what thier relentless quest for improvements will bring us in the future is for us to cherish and enjoy.

Do you know if the conversation will be constructive before it even begins?
Do you only give your opinion on the forum when you are asked? What the hell are you talking about? :roflmao:

Looks like I got into the AMS2 advocates club, not the RD-forum.

For mine, updates come out monthly and usually more than one.

Because of this I and probably no one else can give their exact opinion at any time. Its like an encore performance.

THATS the reality of the update world in post 2015/steam era of gaming and software from phones etc.

I more comment on momentum. The game is in a state of flux but its getting steadily better.

The cars move across the track like they should from one side to another and at varying speeds - the weight that gets thrown around may need more refinement but its nigh on close, and a few other tidbits need brusing up - maybe when you hit the curbs for example - but this update versus october last year is night and day.

An example is ACC v this - where the gt3 in that is like trying to juggle and in this game its a bit easier.

In saying that I could literally be cherry picking because I am talking about the MCLaren 750.

Whats that mean though? To me I think it means or seems to mean (rather than think) that the framework is there and the detail will get fleshed out.

However - you will find some people who may say ACC is tedious and I am talking about its latest DLC the British one, and we can drive the same tracks... there's definitely more to the ACC version, but its dry and well, its like a plain biscuit and you HAVE to like racing and probably multiplayer. And gt4/3 at that.

While it may have more to it in terms of driving its really hard to recommend the title.

There's no MCR, Ginetta P1, no rocco, no Mp4/3 no Brabham or historic tracks etc. Try imola 1988, the rio track Jaycare 1988, 93 spa or the others.

Try racing the Brabham on 1980s Interlagos

I am not sticking my hand up for the game here - trying to be neutral and I was negative earlier, which I will explain why I am like this now.

The game has no anything else, and is still in its formative time, with a definite base to work from.

I did scoff at the title the other day, but I have since come to admire it again.

___

They should not be making games the same anyway - for product differentiation purposes. IF you already have ACC, for example - why on earth do you need to buy it again?

I agree that the default FFB profile is not yet as good as it could be (although it has been improved). There is some kind of rear slip effect if you increase the FX slider, but to me it is distracting and makes catching slides harder than without.

However, with some of the Silver Raw custom FFB profiles I have found much improved results. Especially v31 was very good for me in terms of information relevant to grip levels and catching clides, as has been reported by others, although the latest version v51 is close to the same level. It really does pay off to find the version best suited for your wheelbase and spend some time doing tests to see if they can improve your FFB experience.

As of this update I have abandoned silver raw.

Its no longer needed to use daily but for mine it retains value as a development ring. Think of it like a nightly build or fast windows ring, a non long term service release canditate, etc

What you need to do probably is set gain depending on wheel grade - 75 for good belts, maybe 80 for a TMX or logi, etc, and maybe 30-60 for direct drive.

Then you probably need to set LFB (if custom its 50 only) to 0 (for default), and others 0.

There's no taste about it - thats it.

Kunos just did the same with theirs this past year. In their title (cough) ACC, you set gain 75 and everything else at 0 except update 333 and Dynamic dampener at 100 (or 50 if you must).

To be clear - less is more with additional settings, and in this case, none.

Raceroom - less is more. Its more customizable but its no longer needed. Especially if you have a mid range wheel or above.

The last couple of years and firmware improvements have been a god-send, and I am going to guess a lot of cross-talk and insight has been done over the past 5-10.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years