Automobilista 2 | December Development Roadmap Released

Mekonrider

100RPM
Oct 12, 2019
Found some time to drive the F1 LM and found it hard work with lots of understeer. The 3 new race cars were great if a bit twitchy at times.

Nov 6, 2009
According to Mike you probably don’t have a delicate right foot.

I find the McLaren F1 LM a blast to drive. With 670 bhp you obviously can’t floor it in first gear but other than a little understeer mid-corner (had to lower the front rollbar a lot) it behaves good.
Lol, with champs like you, very little realism can be expected.

Mod-Edit: And with posts like this you are out of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc Collins

1000RPM
Aug 25, 2011
I just noticed that the tabs in the advanced setup UI are now rollover/mouse-over activated. IMO, this is a step in the wrong direction for the UI. Those visual elements are very much reminiscent of tabs and I think it can be safely said that a healthy majority of people expect tabs to be click-on UI elements.

FWIW I would be in favor of getting rid of a whole lot of the existing mouse-over activation within the game’s UI in favor of basic clicking. Not everything mind you, but a whole lot of the UI’s selection actions would actually register more intuitively with my brain if it used standard clicks. I can only speak for myself, of course, in this particular regard.
I prefer the roll-over. Since we need to both view and/or edit inside all those tabs regularly, skips a bunch of useless clicks.

reshaderacer

25RPM
Jul 21, 2020
David Ignjatovic has earned himself a reply-ban. Have a great new year. :thumbsup:
Ouch! haha. Time to take a break, hey david. Better internet strangers clue you in before you do something to some one in actuality or hurt them, their feelings, etc... the game was fun, and now its more fun. Come on.

But david, its great when you nail the turn though isn't it!

I think thats the point of the title, not whether its 1 value off another or some such.

And david posting that video, man, why the attack. undisciplined and useless were the words used - doesn't think much of much at the moment.

Thanks mods. I don't know why at a time like this (AMS 2s high water mark and essentially its version 1.0 [1.1.]), such derision and nitpicking and frankly - fake criticisms, is beyond words.

As for the development updates its great to see that from a developer, not all titles go to such an extent, though sims seem to do so atm.

Guess that compass will be set right one day again.

If he wants a better game its the wrong way to get it - the madness engine is rock solid and the company has only built upon that; this release is without question fun and good. These people who make it are already motivated and passionate and do not require belittling to spur them on, there is already a fire in them quite obviously; company has expanded the tracks, cars, physics and base. Attacking people and those who play AMS2 and nitpicking will not get you there faster to this ideal place AMS2 is supposed to be in.

These new cars, they are clean slates and its just the beginning. This title just started - its been 6 months, or 1.5 years, in many ways its day one. And 100's of people (probably) just said to themselves holy molly/wow!

Ive seen a lot of dev and no doubt people out there have by now with this early access trend. Star Citizen, when I suggested people consider it day one, its a nice reset. Within 6 months (not saying it was my doing) they had secured marketing funds.

Doubled intake.

It can happen dude, it can happen to anyone - and any game of this quality. Its a different appeal/niche - but its up there now with ACC and rfactor 2 and if this had been 6 months ago, they would have blitzed it, mate. Because its only due to those titles amazing/incredible work this year and probably this cycle alone (no joke) that AMS2 is not a mile out in front in terms of its stock (still has to reach some commercial appeal, I know; but think about the music industry etc or a sporting talent, and its just waiting to be discovered).

Think about that and perceptions. I say star citizen was wow/amazing etc and substantiated it, and asked if the negative nellies would consider it be a top 10 title of all time or the decade it appears in, and it reset the switch. The work on that title may not have even existed up until that point but it did; the perception took a new trajectory when I claimed it was a top tier title in the making. Realign that belief, but that was my objective view point.

Maybe it helped get the investor(s) onboard, who knows. But I tell you right now - consider the stocks, or the buy-in desire, this title just skyrocketed that stock metaphorically; because in the microcosm, essentially, is a market as such and market forces based on theme-park type things (money down up front), and entertainment (money over time, or value I mean instead of money: thus transfering your hard earned into fun, etc, and perpetuation of the title and company who makes it); and this title tickles the right spots. Thats growth, and its due to something. This update. So I am never going to call the update bad, ever. How much I don't know - but this update proves "more" because if it wasn't, mate, the world as we know it would fall apart or would not be; its just how things work in this global society and just normally...

Thank you for the dev update too; and what David has been saying imho is not worth wondering about - in fact we better hope they don't NERF the McClaren, if anything, because the game won't be as good, how much I don't know, but some less goodness.

haha...david... come on man - what I remember from reading what the owner(s) of the company said, is that they moved to SETA tyre model and it was a tricky thing to apply such values.

Welcome to day 1 again. What I just drove was awesome. Without question and without reservation (custom ffb version 30 [itself 3 iterations deep from the maker where bumps are concerned/style]) from their forum; but default was very good and I am particular about that, added in 50 dampening to custom setting and 65 gain; blends brilliantly, else to taste)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AndrewBo

Mekonrider

100RPM
Oct 12, 2019
I wish they'd include some options for messing with sharpness apart from manually editing that xml file in the documents folder. I know you can play with SS but people's opinion is the xml edit is less of a performance hit?

roadyroad

250RPM
Dec 7, 2013
As I hadn't launched the game for many months, I've forgotten to do that! I hope it will fix the issue!!! Thanks. And there's a new update with the GT1s...
Well, indeed that was the issue, after having erased my ams2 folder, everything is ok again! No ffb loss and good ffb. I've just try the porsche GT1, great, and a porsche GT3, FFB is there. Good job!

Reactions: AndrewBo

bgil66

500RPM
Sep 24, 2014
Someone help as the computer is driving my car out of the garage, I have looked everywhere on how to turn this off but nada... I get control of the car after pit exit. Oh and the Mclaren F1 woah baby!!!!

roadyroad

250RPM
Dec 7, 2013
Someone help as the computer is driving my car out of the garage, I have looked everywhere on how to turn this off but nada... I get control of the car after pit exit. Oh and the Mclaren F1 woah baby!!!!
In the options, you need to activate manual pit...

Reactions: bgil66

SamuelSouza

10RPM
May 19, 2016
You shouldn´t say it out loud because it´s just plain wrong :p For the sake of general information since this is becoming a very common misconception, here´s brief recap of content we have added to the game since the original EA release, their origin and pricing - I´ve bolded content completely or mostly scratch-created by us for AMS2, and detailed in italics the ones that used PCars2 models (I´m deliberately not including AMS1 conversions for the sake of brevity, even tho it´s a large list of content that has also received considerable rework for their AMS2 release):

TRACKS:

Cascais - FREE, Reiza
Kyalami - FREE, Reiza
Bathurst - FREE, Reiza
Silverstone - Part of Silverstone DLC, scratch-made track mesh, uses some PCars2 trackside objects

Silverstone 01 - Part of Silverstone DLC, scratch-made track mesh, uses some PCars2 trackside objects
Silverstone 91 - Part of Silverstone DLC, scratch-made track mesh, uses some PCars2 trackside objects
Silverstone 75 Part of Silverstone DLC, scratch-made track mesh, uses some PCars2 trackside objects

Nurburgring - Part of Nurburgring DLC, extensively reworked Pcars2 mesh, uses mosts PCars2 trackside objects

Spa Francorchamps - Part of Spa DLC, scratch-made mesh, uses some PCars2 trackside objects

CARS:

Roco 001 - FREE, Reiza
Sigma P1 - FREE, Reiza

Ginetta G55 - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Ginetta G58 - FREE, based on PCars2 3D model
Lotus 49C - FREE, PCars2 3D model

Brabham BT26 - FREE, Reiza
Mclaren M23 - FREE, Reiza

Lotus 72E - FREE, based on PCars2 3D model
Brabham BT44 - FREE, Reiza
Stock Car Cruze 2020 - FREE, Reiza
Stock Car Corolla 2020 - FREE, Reiza
F-V10 Gen1 - FREE, Reiza
Mclaren MP4-12 - FREE, Reiza

BMW Procar - FREE, PCars2 3D model
BMW M3 E30 - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Mercedes 190E - FREE, PCars2 3D model

Lotus 23 - FREE, Reiza
Mini Cooper 1965 - FREE, Reiza
Mini JCW UK 2020 - FREE, Reiza

Mercedes AMG GT3 - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Porsche 911 GT3-R - FREE, PCars2 3D model

BMW M6 GT3 - FREE, Reiza
Mclaren 720S GT3 - FREE, Reiza

Porsche Cayman Clubsport GT4 - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Camaro GT4R - FREE, Reiza
Mclaren 570S GT4 - FREE, Reiza
Mclaren F1 LM - FREE, Reiza

Mclaren F1 GTR - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Mercedes CLK LM - FREE, PCars2 3D model
Porsche 911 GT1 - FREE, PCars2 3D model

Now keep in mind that for the cars that do use 3D model assets from PCars2, we still produce most of the textures, physics, audio assets as well as the AI, and obviously these all had to be licensed by us to be included in AMS2 (at a cost that oftens rivals or exceed that of the overall production) - the same will apply for any future content that still uses PCars2 assets (which are also not free).

I´m not sure if there´s ever been another PC racing sim that has had that much content (most of it free) delivered within a single year, but we are nevertheless confident it´s a pretty impressive tally - one that has taken a lot of sweat to put together and that we´re very proud of. If you don´t like the game or for whatever reason don´t like the approach we´re using in order to deliver free content for our users at a more rapid pace by all means say your piece - when it comes to factual information let´s stick to the reality as relayed above ;)
Come to Brazil Renato!! We love you!

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Thanks mods. I don't know why at a time like this (AMS 2s high water mark and essentially its version 1.0 [1.1.]), such derision and nitpicking and frankly - fake criticisms, is beyond words.
David was not banned because of his opinion, which he is perfectly entitled to just like everyone else. He earned it for the way in which he expressed himself, which was against our posting rules. That's an important difference which I want to make clear, because we will not be gagging people just because they have minority or negative opinions. :thumbsup: