Austin Healey Sprite @ Miami Bayfront - Thu 5th April 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Austin Healey Sprite (Download)
Track: Miami Bayfront (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (30 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (28 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (28 laps)

Note1: Default Skins that come with the Sprite Mod Only
Note2: Installation note - Ignore the included ReadNe.txt, unzip the download into GTL/GameData/Teams/TC65 folder

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Roland Warmenhoven
  3. Jacob Boonstra
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Peter Van Zanten
  7. Bob Hutchins
  8. Ross Garland
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Fun little cars. I had a much better evening than on Tuesday, that's for sure.

I didn't qualify well but in Race 1 I got a great start and managed to snatch a place or two. I picked up a couple more shortly after thanks to a couple of people spinning off. I spent the rest of the race on my own, losing time to the cars in front and holding steady from Warren behind. Ended up finishing in 4th.

I had an abysmal qualy 2, but so did almost everyone else! I certainly didn't deserve the 5th spot. I got another great start and got up to 3rd, and from there was trying to keep Roland behind me. It worked for a while but eventually I was pushing too hard, ran a bit wide, and he was able to slip by fairly easily. For much of the rest of the race it was like R1, losing time to those in front while holding steady from those behind. No idea when things changed, but I suddenly noticed I was only 1.8secs ahead of someone, which turned out to be Jacob. Same scenario as with Roland, I pushed to try and keep him back but ended up making an error which made his job of passing me rather easy. I ended up in 5th.

Congrats to Bob, Stuart and the other podiums! :)

Had trouble getting into the swing of things this time, probably too early in the morning for me. :(
I didn't really enjoy the track, but the cars seemed reasonably suited to it, no doubt better than those Boss Mustangs. :eek:

Race 1, Jacob fluffed the start in front of me, meaning most of those behind us slipped by. After a couple of laps following Jack (who was "nudging" a few walls :p), I eventually tapped and spun him as he bounced off a wall much harder across my path . Sorry Jack, not sure there was much I could do to avoid it. :oops: I waited for Jack, but by then almost everyone had disappeared. It became a lonely race after that, but I managed to make a few boo boo's to keep me interested.

Race 2 was a little more enjoyable. After qualifying higher this time, I still stuffed up the start allowing a few more to charge past. I had some closer racing for some of the race with Jacob, Ross, and Carlos.

Thanks to Stu for organising and grats to Bob and Stu for the wins. :)

Race 1. I had practiced the day before and felt confortable but I seemed to unravel quickly in the first few laps for some reason. You could have made a puzzle out of me because I fell to pieces. Little room for error, some tight spots and a miscalculation or two really put me behind the pack. Judging corner speed while being chased was poorly executed by me today. Sorry Warren. :oops: My fault entirely coming off the wall like that but also I could not locate my mic switch quickly enough ( located on the headset wire and is sometimes hard to find while racing) to turned it on and indicate for you to continue, at the same time trying to get the car back on track without causing more problems for others. I had actually told you to keep going only to quickly realize after your response that the mic was off so that aggravated the situation somewhat. :( I heard you say "Jack where are you". Too bad you had to wait so long before being given the clear to continue.

Anyway later on Jacob and I had some good fun going for a while.:)

Race 2. Good start using a tip from Roland but quickly lost position by turn 1. Had more control this race and hanging with the pack a bit. Caught up to Carlos a few times only to nip those corner walls again trying to be too cute and falling back again. With the race 3/4th over I saw Stu and Bob in the mirror and fearing being lapped by them I pressed too hard in turn 1 and hit the wall and killed the car. Sorry to be in your way Bob but I thought the car was still drivable. I was foolishly trying to restart, not realizing at the time that the car was dead. I was disappointed because the hit didn't seem that hard and I was having a blast trying to catch Carlos.

Still fun, but a bit deflating ending that way. Wd Stu and Bob. Fine racing. Wd to all podiums.Thanks Stu for the event. Cheers to a great field of drivers.

I just checked the Replay and I see that I had more fun than I realized. :p Also I think that I had just stalled the car and it may have been drivable if I had taken more time to restart??? When I escaped out it showed suspension in the List of Drivers Table. Not sure if that means the car was cooked anyway?

When I escaped out it showed suspension in the List of Drivers Table. Not sure if that means the car was cooked anyway?
If it's anything like Race 07 then the slightest knock often results in 'suspension damage'. (You get a radio call telling you.) However, half the time it is not even noticeable and has zero affect on handling. I guess the game just looks at your car when you exit and uses any detected damage as your 'excuse' for not finishing. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back