Augmented reality simulation in Racer?

Couldn't find info, just curious, what's an AR interface ?

HUD are great, make sure you've checked the racer.nl docs, you can create 2D / 3D & finally for TC (track cams)...
Ruud/Mitch will probably add more, since they want to introduce turbo & stuff like that...

Couldn't find info, just curious, what's an AR interface ?

HUD are great, make sure you've checked the racer.nl docs, you can create 2D / 3D & finally for TC (track cams)...
Ruud/Mitch will probably add more, since they want to introduce turbo & stuff like that...

It's short for "Augmented Reality" it's basically CG generated info of some kind overlayed on a see through screen so that it appears to be attached to the real world as you move through it.

Quadcore:
To answer your question. Ruud has said that he was going to implement TrackIR head tracking, but has apparently changed his mind, since it is no longer an optional controller. :(
I believe that Rigs-of-Rods does have head tracking though.

Alex Forbin

Thanks Alex !

Wow RoR looks great, that kind of stuff I was looking after + community seems a lot bigger, there are surely some reasons for it !
Completely amazing....lol...softbodies, forces, driven keys & all the stuff I was dreaming of !
Oh man, why didn't I found it earlier....

RoR is dope, if Ruud & Mitch somehow integrates what RoR does, then forget about it, that would beat anything out there, I admit Racer got better shadows, better graphics, real cool car physics too & natively supports surround gaming which isn't the case of RoR, still I've made it work with SoftTH 1.09 RC1, hahaha ~ 80 FPS on 3 screens...

Looks like they have the same problems with shadows algorithms...as we have with older stencil shadows in Racer...

+ really important, no-one actually speaking, had managed the problem of meshes inter-penetration with soft bodies, which is really ugly....sry guys...maybe in 5 years :D too bad, they really need to fix the solvers...

+1 FreakyT

Addicted to real physics !

Surely not something that we would be implementing ourselves in the near future .. But newton, the physics engine we use, is working on destructable bodies (Julio has a working proof of concept) and soft bodies are also on the list ..

So things could get exciting !

Surely not something that we would be implementing ourselves in the near future .. But newton, the physics engine we use, is working on destructable bodies (Julio has a working proof of concept) and soft bodies are also on the list ..

So things could get exciting !

Yes, I've been following the threads on Newtons soft body development. I'm glad to see you are too. :)

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back