ATI Video Cards + Drivers

I've only noticed it before after coming out of GTR Evo thinking man this picture looks weird, so i clicked on reactivate and the picture was a lot better but now I can't reactivate

• David Hal

Not really, as I have vsync on and so the framerate is lcoked @60 fps all the time.

Probably, your monitor has an refresh rate of 60Hz, on the resolution in GTRE.

If you turn on Vsync, you will limit your max fps to the refresh rate of your monitor.

• David Hal

I've only noticed it before after coming out of GTR Evo thinking man this picture looks weird, so i clicked on reactivate and the picture was a lot better but now I can't reactivate

I did some searching, and it seems thats its a known problem.
It seems there is no solution yet, from ATI side.

I also encountered a topic from Traumatic, got the same problem, and also no solution:suspicious:

But i've seen some people making suggestions about the program Powerstrip.

example;
FCTurtle on AMD Forums said:
After several days searching for an answer, here it is : use Powerstrip to manage your colour settings !
Powerstrip will enforce the colour settings even in games. As you know, custom color profile will load data into the Color Lookup Table of your Graphic Card, but the ATI driver will erase everything to default when you launch game : your custom profile is lost.
Powerstrip is able to enforce this, and because Powerstrip work at driver level, if the ATI Color Control erase the data, Powerstrip will set them back automatically without warning the ATI Driver, so you can keep your colour profile all the time, even in games.
Note : to import a custom ICC/ICM into Powerstrip, just capture your LUT after it has been properly loaded.
Now I have binded some profiles with Powerstrip on my keyboard (with different gamma levels), and I can have fun changing the profile for different games (works inside the game) and for my desktop.
So Powerstrip is THE answer for colour managing with ATI driver. It cost some money (20 euros) but it worth it, no problems.

I've got no experience with this program,
but here's a link for a shareware download;
http://powerstrip.nl.malavida.com/d754-gratis-downloaden-windows
The link is just a example, if your gonna download it,be carefull, make sure AV is up to date.
Im NOT fond about shareware downloads.

It can be a temp. solution, until ATI fixes this problem.
Think about it.

• David Hal

It seems they did.

But strangely, some people have this problem (again),
with the latest drivers.

Maybe it is still a remove issue, i think older drivers are not been removed correctly.

I always use driver cleaner and then reboot without any driver, just the default windows driver.

I also clean the registry manually.

I have no ATI card here so i can't test it, i have NVIDIA.

Maybe it's just a registry key that needs to be set from 0 to 1, they can try a search into the registry and search for "reactivate".

Which OS you use?

Here are the latest officia drivers:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Pick the ones you need.

Then:
1. Download driversweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
2. Go to Programs and Features and remove all ATI drivers
3. Reboot pc, eventueally in safe mode, press F8 during boot and choose safe mode
4. Run driver sweeper and clean ati drivers
5. Reboot pc
6. install new 9.1 drivers including Control panel
7. Reboot again and see if it is fixed

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back