Assetto Corsa Xbox Ferrari DLC Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari DLC Xbox One Update.jpg

The disappointing debacle surrounding Assetto Corsa's upcoming Xbox One Ferrari Anniversary DLC continues, with no end in sight for a fix for the Microsoft console.

Console players were understandably highly charged with excitement when news came that the brand new Ferrari 70th anniversary DLC pack would be landing on PS4 and Xbox One at the end of October, finally bringing to the racing simulation a selection of outstanding content that had been very well received by their PC cousins earlier in the month.

Sadly October 31st rolled by and Xbox One players would once again be hit by niggling bugs not present on the Sony flagship PS4 console, preventing players from loading up and enjoying the new content whilst Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games worked behind the scenes to understand the problem and push out a speedy fix.

Apparently it took Kunos and 505 Games a little while to get under the skin of the Ferrari DLC issue, and now it looks like players will have to wait even longer as the fix is undergoing Microsoft approvals at present, something the Italian studio admit is "taking longer than anticipated". With November now almost into its tenth day, and PC and PS4 players having had access to the DLC for some time, the latest delay is yet another blow for Xbox One gamers struggling to find reasons to keep playing a simulation that has been seemingly beset with problem after problem in recent months.

In an attempt to update and calm the console community ahead of the eventual fix, Kunos have released the following statement today informing gamers of the hotfix progress and status within Microsoft:

As many of you know, an issue was reported on the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack for Xbox One. We submitted a potential fix but unfortunately, the submission process is taking longer than expected.

We know this is incredibly frustrating but be rest assured, we're doing everything we can right now to get this pack up and running as soon as possible.

No information as to when a Xbox players will have access to the Ferrari DLC has been made available at present. Stay tuned to RaceDepartmernt for more information as and when it becomes available.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Xbox One AC player? What do you think of the latest issue? How are your experiences with the title on console so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
@Paul Jeffrey thank you for continuing to report this ongoing issue, you've restored my faith that both positive news and problems are covered fairly here on Race Department even for the sometimes favoured titles. At least Kunos admitted this one and didn't treat us with the arrogance we've seen in the past. It troubles me that this DLC is still available for purchase on the MS store with no warning that it does not work and no fix date is known.

With the launch of the Xbox One X Assetto Corsa finally plays with a fully stable 60fps framerate and no screen tearing or pop in - the trees move smoothly and no longer jump towards the player down the straights (this is just with the extra power of X, there has been no One X update for the game). The wheel feedback remains fabulous and with the smoother FPS the latest AI make this an enjoyable single player game. AC has by far the best AI on console and the joint best wheel feedback with the ever-improving PCARS2. Given this leap in game performance it is such a shame that Kunos have shot themselves in both feet again with this paid DLC ongoing delay. The launch of Xbox One X could well have breathed new life into AC on Xbox One but instead, they've left the community feeling ripped off once again. From outside it looks like a company lurching from idea to idea without any real strategy to their actions. Meanwhile, Project CARS 2 really has made a huge leap forward in graphics and game performance on the One X.

A slightly unfair comparison but played back to back with PCARS2 or Forza 7, Assetto now looks somewhere between average (cars) to awful (don't look at the scenery/stand/spectators etc is my advice!) on the One X and 4 K screens. Assetto on PC at 4K can look good so we know what can be achieved but we won't hold our breath for a One X update anytime soon.

I hope @kunos at least buys his devs a commercial Xbox One X to test updates on before they launch them on us in future. How the same developer that did Steam Early Access so well can end up repeating the same mistakes time and again on the full game on Xbox One baffles me. Assetto Corsa on Xbox One remains a case of what might have been.

Feels odd how can team so competent, on point and professional on PC side, keep messing things on another platform. Very unfortunate.

But don't think this delay will lose AC players. It's just one DLC pack. The ones who stick with it, stick with it regardless. Because there isn't other similar level simulator on console, as pCars 2 wasn't that.

If simulator driving is important to you, you won't go anywhere just because a few DLCs get delayed. Or because of few bugs. If there was a competing title on console, then it would be whole another thing

I have been a big critic in the past, but I'm not so fussed about this one. It's just a dlc, and we already have F1 by the codies. Since MP works now, league races are stable work no lag. And any track with any car, in this game, is brilliant.

I'm sure Kunos added consoles so they could increase profits, but of course, that also includes the extra headaches. I started racing on consoles, but soon realized their limitations. The good thing is by adding console support, they probably enticed more people into getting a PC. :thumbsup:

I posted in the official AC forum months ago that I feared the AC version on console would be a disaster. I cited the GTR and RACE Pro efforts from SimBin as cases in point, titles riddled with bugs.

In defence of Kunos, aren't Microsoft and Sony meant to be certifiying / verifying these titles? Whilst I would put most of the blame at Kunos' door, they surely have to accept a portion of it if the DLC or updates are bugged?

Its a shame as what I guess has happened is that the console versions have just swallowed up a massive chunk of the dev time, which if thats the case, is a shame purely from a PC version standpoint.

Wow just wow...I thought I'd seen some of the worst behaviours toward console players from Kunos/505 but this latest move takes the biscuit.

The latest prancing pony DLC finally works after a 3-week delay but now it is included in the Xbox Black Friday Sale reduced from £5.59 to £3.35. Kunos charged their most loyal fans more to play nothing at all for 3 weeks while they solved problems of their own making. Kunos you really have taken anyone who bought this DLC at full price, and who didn't demand a refund on the basis it did not work, for a ride.

EA has taken a huge beating this week for corporate greed and profiteering. It is time this sort of nonsense was stopped. I hope at the very least Kunos are going to refund the albeit small difference to those who bought the pack at full price when it didn't work.

The pack is worth £3.35 but the behaviour stinks, looks a lot like left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing between publisher and developer. What a bunch of chumps.

Yeah, because it's Kunos that decides when something goes on sale and for how much. Oh that's right, they don't. If you are truly going to look for a different reason to be mad everyday maybe it would be best to simply cut your losses and move on to something that you might actually enjoy. Just sayin'.

Yeah, because it's Kunos that decides when something goes on sale and for how much. Oh that's right, they don't. If you are truly going to look for a different reason to be mad everyday maybe it would be best to simply cut your losses and move on to something that you might actually enjoy. Just sayin'.

No need to look for reasons when Kunos/505 provide them so readily, I wasn't looking for this the storefront highlighted it to me. We know you are their number one fan so I'd expect no less. If they don't set the prices the publisher 505 certainly do, knowing the content didn't work at launch this should have been considered in the pricing and timing. Highly unusual for brand new content to be discounted 3 weeks after launch too. Frankly, I don't believe for one moment Kunos have no say in this. Maybe they truly sold their souls to the devil and no longer have any control (I can read a financial statement and all those Digital Bros shares they both have tell me this isn't quite so).

Anyway, we've been here many times before, you keep making apologies for Kunos and I'll keep pointing out the inconsistencies in their behaviour. Great game on PC, truly painful on Xbox. The go away and play something else line doesn't wash either - don't sell bad products that you fail to fix in over a year is a simple retort.

I'm not a console player but if I'm reading it right, you're saying there was a 3-week delay followed by a price cut of just over 2 quid.
Now, if it was a 30-week delay and then a price cut of £20, I'd understand people being hacked off, but the DLC is almost free at under £6 so I'm really baffled about why anyone's bothered.

I'm not a console player but if I'm reading it right, you're saying there was a 3-week delay followed by a price cut of just over 2 quid.
Now, if it was a 30-week delay and then a price cut of £20, I'd understand people being hacked off, but the DLC is almost free at under £6 so I'm really baffled about why anyone's bothered.

Really? You think it is acceptable for a company to deliver nothing at all for £2 more for 3 weeks, you are a most forgiving customer. The number of weeks and amount of money are the deciding factor then? Also, this is repeat error, not a first, for Kunos who have repeatedly been unable Xbox One content to their specified date. I take it you accept broken items and don't return them too, I mean the company were trying their best just a shame it didn't work right?

I'd enjoy reading the Steam reviews if a developer tried this tactic, delivering a game or DLC full price that didn't work and then cutting the price the day it did work.

I've long held suspicions RD is a bit of an AC apologist website, this certainly adds to the evidence.

Last edited:
I've long held suspicions RD is a bit of an AC apologist website, this certainly adds to the evidence.
LOL. We're all individuals here - no party line that says AC is great.
Personally I very nearly didn't even buy AC after reading Stefano's appalling rant against a user on their forum. But I'm glad I did because it kicks PCars (which I had been trying to use) into the next universe. As for the broken items, yeah they released something which turned out to be broken, and then they did their damnedest to fix it. 3 weeks may seem like a very long time for some people, but I've been waiting for LFS S3 for a bit longer than that :p
Or am I misunderstanding the nature of the 3-week wait: was the sim totally unusable until the broken content was fixed?

LOL. We're all individuals here - no party line that says AC is great.
Personally I very nearly didn't even buy AC after reading Stefano's appalling rant against a user on their forum. But I'm glad I did because it kicks PCars (which I had been trying to use) into the next universe. As for the broken items, yeah they released something which turned out to be broken, and then they did their damnedest to fix it. 3 weeks may seem like a very long time for some people, but I've been waiting for LFS S3 for a bit longer than that :p
Or am I misunderstanding the nature of the 3-week wait: was the sim totally unusable until the broken content was fixed?

No matter the timescale or cost - content was offered for sale at a set price on the Xbox store that did not work.

We are not talking about beta or promises of updates at some future point on some dodgy PC in development title this is paid DLC for a released console game at a set point in time advertised extensively by Kunos/505 et al. When the error on Kunos's part became clear they did not withdraw or remove the DLC from sale they did the usual and hid behind some weak excuses. The same DLC was working on PS4 and of course PC.

Take your pick from constantly repeated mistakes (The Lord claims to be a man who likes to learn but that is questionable), naivety, incompetence, greed or even outright fraud, Kunos/505 games behaviour on Xbox One could fall in any one or all them.

Easy to say RD has no opinion but like it or not your Staff badge adds weight to your opinion and whatever biases that might come with - you think £6 is almost nothing, I disagree. We know with the likes of Hornbuckle that we are getting a biased view, some vested financial interest maybe. It's not one £6/£2 though is it, it is many and then suddenly the scale of the issue looks different.

No need to look for reasons when Kunos/505 provide them so readily, I wasn't looking for this the storefront highlighted it to me. We know you are their number one fan so I'd expect no less. If they don't set the prices the publisher 505 certainly do, knowing the content didn't work at launch this should have been considered in the pricing and timing. Highly unusual for brand new content to be discounted 3 weeks after launch too. Frankly, I don't believe for one moment Kunos have no say in this. Maybe they truly sold their souls to the devil and no longer have any control (I can read a financial statement and all those Digital Bros shares they both have tell me this isn't quite so).

Anyway, we've been here many times before, you keep making apologies for Kunos and I'll keep pointing out the inconsistencies in their behaviour. Great game on PC, truly painful on Xbox. The go away and play something else line doesn't wash either - don't sell bad products that you fail to fix in over a year is a simple retort.

Why do you keep buying dlc if you are constantly let down every time an update comes along and you end up taking to the forums to whine?

Personal accountability comes along at a certain point, and judging by your posts, this has missed the mark with you given the nonstop complaints.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back