Assetto Corsa v0.6

0.6 notes from Kunos..
So, it's that day of the month again and a new update is ready.

Let's have a look at todays "particular" update.
As you might have guessed, we won't release any new cars or tracks today. We understand that this might be a bit of a let down for some of you, but then again we have already released 35 cars and their upgrades and 12 tracks... considering AC's physics engine depth, I'm sure there's more to explore than simply jumping from one car to the other.
So what's in this new update? Lot's of core work to make AC better, some of it very evident, some of it under the surface but very important.

First of all we are enabling AI Quick Races for all cars, all tracks. You can select whatever car you like, whatever track you like and whatever number of opponents (up to the track limits). Most importantly you can select different opponents to race against. Multi-class, multi-era, multi-performances, multi-whatever.. err...no scratch that, multiplayer is not ready yet (we're working on it, you know we do!).

So this is very important, we worked very hard to enable all cars and all tracks to enable the AI. Tons of data to process, but we didn't just stopped there. We have laid out the ground to build a better AI that understands better the intentions of the player. On some cars you might see a better behaviour, on some others more or less the same, but the work is there and slowly we will update all of them. Your feedback is valuable and that's what early access is all about, so thank you in advance!

What's next? Collisions. You can lean on your opponents now, bump door against door, push and get pushed and the experience should be far better. Most importantly no more landmines and you can go over high kerbs with far more realistic behaviour. That also permits us to make the terrain collisions more accurate and this means more setup work for you, as you might need to make the setup stiffer, user bumpstops, or raise the car height to make sure the car is not bottoming out. If you hear strange scraping noises and experience unexpected spins on fast turns, it might mean that your old setup was way too low... AC is getting more mature and this means that it requests from you the drivers, more skills and more setup work. We are sure you're going to have fun limiting bottoming, without affecting car balance

Sound engine. We have worked on the sound engine to improve the sound of the opponents cars in AI races as well as taking advantage of 5.1 systems. It's been quite an extensive work, way too long to describe, but let us know what you think and if you find any bugs.

As usual lot's of little fixes, bug hunting and optimisations as usual, but also new much requested features like steering wheel hiding, look behind, smoke rendering on mirrors with on/off option, penalties system selectable from UI and more. We are listening the community and working out all the small little details, one by one.

Last but not least, a very important and very complicated theme module management for the UI. What does that means? Modders can now write their plugins and connect them inside the User Interface (like the amazing "Rivali" suite). Theme modules are then saved inside the username/documents/assetto corsa folder. This is very important, as we can update the user interface everytime we think necessary and users will not lose their installed mods and UI modifications (if made following our guidelines). Also, users can now select which UI mods can enable from Options/General menu. There is also an example with documentation for modders. This is far more important than it might seem, and opens the door to modders to create amazing applications that work seamlessly inside Assetto Corsa User Interface.

Hope you have fun with this new update, looking forward to hear your feedback.

The Assetto Corsa development team

Last edited:
With the faster cars it feels like the Ai just doesn`t look sideways, especially when overtaking with a fast start before first corner (almost always get assassinated ;-)... But when I tried the 458 Stage 3 against some also fast cars like M3 GT2 and some McLarens it was all fine and great fun;) (I could "play" with them)...funny thing that always happened on Imola was that enemy cars were overcautious on finishing straight and drove into the wall anxiously :D They seem to respect the Stage 3 :D
Had some fun races today, especially the BMW M3 E30 race on Mugello was GOLD! ;) Hope you guys get the faster cars under control, so we maybe even can drive mixed races fluently (which was pretty much what I tested today).

From my experience, it SEEMS that the AI drive as if your not there at times, like under braking and in some corners. At other times they seem fine, like when driving beside them down straights, but seeing as this is only 0.6.2 and its Kunos' first attempt at AI i think they have done a stellar job.

Think of it this way, Simbin and ISI have much bigger teams of employees and have released more than one title with AI and therefor have had much more experience with it and also have more in-house testers to iron out the bugs. Kunos have 10 ish people working on this title and have limited resources, and i can forgive them for the small inconsistencies for one simple reason.

They have the Ring laser scanned!!

Maybe is about time to invest in a larger crew!!...just saying.

The Tatuus is back to overreacting to bumps (happened before with 0.5 was fixed in 0.5.2) and curbs with 0.6.2.
Hit a curb at a bad angle and the car goes flying, also i used to go through the first leg of Acqua Minerale flat, if i do that now the car hits the depression and looses complete contact with the ground.

The Tatuus is the car that is causing more problems to Kunos imo, first the AI thinks it's driving a GT car, second with it's natural low ride heights every time they fiddle with the collison box something goes broke.

The Tatuus is back to overreacting to bumps (happened before with 0.5 was fixed in 0.5.2) and curbs with 0.6.2.
Hit a curb at a bad angle and the car goes flying, also i used to go through the first leg of Acqua Minerale flat, if i do that now the car hits the depression and looses complete contact with the ground.

The Tatuus is the car that is causing more problems to Kunos imo, first the AI thinks it's driving a GT car, second with it's natural low ride heights every time they fiddle with the collison box something goes broke.

I honestly haven't experienced this.
Could it be your setup? Since the car tends to run naturally low, perhaps increasing the ride height and suspension stiffness would solve the problem.

However, in the v0.6 patch notes, the collision boxes were refined or something, so now some cars (the Tatuus FA01 in particular) will bottom-out more easily on bumps, and when that happens you'll lose stability in the car. Personally, I think it's a very realistic feature.

Last edited:
The car is running low with my old setup alright, but it's not like the car is upset by the depression, it is sent flying of the circuit.

I can tell you it didn't happen in 0.6 or 0.6.1 just with 0.6.2.
With the 0.6 the car scraped the ground and lost a bit of grip, with 0.6.2 it goes 1m into the air, it is overreacting to bumps...

Also in Mugello i slightly overshot a corner, was a bit wider than usual and the normally very soft exit curb sent me flying into loop... Webber in Valencia style.

Perhaps collision box too big under the car and not accounting for floor flexibility.

Last edited:
The car is running low with my old setup alright, but it's not like the car is upset by the depression, it is sent flying of the circuit.

I can tell you it didn't happen in 0.6 or 0.6.1 just with 0.6.2.
With the 0.6 the car scraped the ground and lost a bit of grip, with 0.6.2 it goes 1m into the air, it is overreacting to bumps...

Also in Mugello i slightly overshot a corner, was a bit wider than usual and the normally very soft exit curb sent me flying into loop... Webber in Valencia style.

Perhaps collision box too big under the car and not accounting for floor flexibility.

You should report it to the guys at Kunos if you haven't already, and hopefully it'll be corrected for you and anyone else experiencing it in the next release or so. Because it definitely sounds like a bug.

The thing is i'm not used to recording and uploading gameplay... if someone can give me tips on where to start.
Fraps , MSI Afterburner , Sony Vegas... ;)

Or if using an nVidia card, download Gforce Experience for free and use 'Shadow Play'.

http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience/download

Without getting too technical, Shadow Play records up to 1080p @ 60fps directly from the card, and as such there is virtually no hit to performance and does not eat up your FPS.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 151827

I haven't had much time to mess with AC lately. Just had a go at 0.6.2. I am getting a quick blink in the screen every once in a while. Any ideas?

• Deleted member 151827

Haven't seen that yet. Are you running single out triple screens?
Single monitor. This is new for me. I'll monitor fps next time i am on. It's not any certain thing that does it.....ie...does it with only one car on screen even. It's weird.

AC is the only game ive used it on with no issues.
I have it set to manual and have 'Ctrl+F9' to start / stop recording. When I hit record, a little green icon appears top left.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, it turned out that the problem was caused by the "*" (multiply) key on the numpad that I mapped to start/stop recording in Shadowplay. It worked fine with Fraps, it worked fine with MSI Afterburned, but in Shadowplay it won't work eventhough I can bind it in setttings :cautious: Ctrl+F9 works fine :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.