Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's literally impossible to please everyone. This is probably the first dlc pack guaranteed to please all the race car lovers but no, they have to complain and think it would be better if the more interesting road car (out of only 2 in the pack) was replaced by wait for it... another race car! I mean, yeah the Celica is nice and all but the only reason I want this dlc is precisely the 570S. Not everyone's a race car afficionado. Don't be selfish, guys.

I thought in comparison to iRacing it looks very close visually. Also, the track got resurfaced in the last few months in real life so no point to say it's too bumpy now, because any older digital reproductions are too bumpy now.

Track surface would be the least of my concerns when talking about laserscanning. Laserscanning data just makes their job in track creating much easier so it's good they stick to it IMHO.
the surface of AC zandvort is way bumpier than it should, weather if you compare it to the new asphalted one or prior to it, and jesus christ look ate the starting grid it's all over the place, and also check from the audi S until the next corner that straight is wrong in AC zandvort very inacurate shape

Black cat county and Highlands also have bumpy issues?

The large number of mods that do not have them too?

I think differently and I think that would be a solution to the lack of circuits, would be to focus on making more un-scanned tracks.

Obviously, this requires more people focused on tracks than cars
highlinds is a fantasy track also black cat county so can't compare that to the real track,, mods sometimes are way bumpier or way too smooth, nothing can beat laser scanned tracks as we speak.. we are in 2017, and non laser scan tracks are too noticable lacking soemthing. i don't want to play sims or games with no laser scanned tracks.

Nope. No track and no interesting cars for me. If this content isn't used in an online league i'm participating in I just know l'll never gonna touch it. But good for ks to keep releasing dlc's and more importantly updates. I bought enough unused content now. Only gonna spend my money on tracks and cars i ll effectively need to drive / enter the server in a league.

• ronniej

Great news! Kunos packs a punch with every update....Nice mixed bag of cars too. Love the fact that I can take out everything from a Toyota Celica to a Ferrari F1 car out for a rip! Thanks for the great work again Kunos!

SO happy to hear of big A.I. improvements. This is truly great news, though I still feel for the console guys. Hope they get those online improvements soon.

Hard to argue with this sim for PC. Kunos treats us supernerds pretty well, haha.

Gracie Stefano! Gracie Kunos! Viva bene A.I. !

[QUOTE="Albert McSaltens, post: 2476207, member: 11436i don't want to play sims or games with no laser scanned tracks.[/QUOTE]
Well I believe that the UK has already embarked on putting laws into place to ban Lazer scanning of tracks and other countries are following suit as the process apparently damages the track surface... If that is indeed the case, Lazer scanned tracks is a luxury that may be something we will only be able to appreciate for a while before being forced to go back to the pre Lazer scanned stone age of sim racing. So. Enjoy what we have, while we have it... And hope we can get as much Lazer scan data as possible before the process gets the axe.

IF the drone scanning techniques used by SMS is more track friendly than high fedility Lazer scanning that may be the way to go, even if it is possibly not as accurate...

Last edited:
@Graham Botha - you do realize that the laser-scanning of track to be banned story was an elaborate April fool's joke (and cleverly having fooled many RD residents, myself included).

There is no such thing as a discussion about laser scanning technology damaging tracks. It was a joke.

Apart from that, I absolutely agree that there are several well suited technologies available to create data for virtual tracks - among the newest discussed drone photography method to collect data).
One among several is using laser scan data as a basis.

To me a track must not be based on laser scan data to be enjoyable to race on.
If conventional methods lead to good quality tracks being made available for sim racing is suited where laser scanning just cannot be done (think about logistics, effort and cost involved), I am all for it to have new tracks NOT based on laser scanned data.

There are also situations were laser scanning is not at all possible (think tracks that do no longer exist).
Laserscanning is a great technology and possibly the highest possible quality in resembling real track dimensions and details but it is not the golden ticket it is often presented to be on the internet forums ;-)

SO happy to hear of big A.I. improvements.

I am reading this around the internet. I'd just like to say that AI has some new stuff in but whether or not it's a "big improvement" is something left to you all to decide once the update is out. Obviously I hope it is, but we're talking about 2-3 weeks work, it can't possibly be a total revolution. I would hate to see people going into the update expecting too much and end up walking out disappointed cause the improvement was not so big as they expected.

@Graham Botha - you do realize that the laser-scanning of track to be banned story was an elaborate April fool's joke (and cleverly having fooled many RD residents, myself included).

Nope, if I were aware of it being an April fools joke, I wouldn't have mentioned it. That being said, I fully agree with you on all counts. Lazer scanned data isn't required to have an enjoyable or even great track experience. PC1 have some really good, non scanned tracks that feel really great.

I am reading this around the internet. I'd just like to say that AI has some new stuff in but whether or not it's a "big improvement" is something left to you all to decide once the update is out. Obviously I hope it is, but we're talking about 2-3 weeks work, it can't possibly be a total revolution. I would hate to see people going into the update expecting too much and end up walking out disappointed cause the improvement was not so big as they expected.
Thank you for all the passion you've put in Assetto Corsa :thumbsup: To all of your team.
I think if you can add the possibility for faster cars overtaking the slower onces it will be a big improvement and again a step in the right direction.
Out of interest: Will you be able to implement something like "adaptive AI" with the way you've designed the AI in your game?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.