Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Released 4.jpg

Bonus Pack 3 has been released! New update, seven cars, Laguna Seca and plenty of fun await PC players of Assetto Corsa..

Released earlier today to the PC version of Assetto Corsa (console versions to follow at a later date), the new and awesomely free 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC is live and ready to download next time players restart their Steam client. Running alongside the obvious show stopper that are the seven new cars, Kunos have also released a useful new update that brings the simulation up to build 1.16. You can check out the full details below, and don't forget to leave a comment about your experience with the new cars in the comments section of this article..

Assetto Corsa v1.16 Changelog
  • New Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale
  • New Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
  • New Lamborghini Huracán Performante
  • New Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • New Maserati Alfieri
  • New Maserati Quattroporte GTS
  • New Pagani Huayra BC
  • New Laguna Seca Circuit
  • Corrected Porsche 908LH Fuel consumption
  • Corrected Pagani Huayra front splitter aero position
  • Added steering wheel alert on race start.
  • Potential workaround for launcher losing input focus after session ends; reported after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
  • Templates added for Bonus Pack cars
  • Various minor updates to digitial instruments in older content
  • Various minor graphical fixes in older content
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Released 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Released 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Released 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Released 5.jpg

Want to see the cars in action and hear from physics developer Aris? Check out our interview from earlier in the week below:

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new DLC? Which is your favourite car? Do you share our enthusiasm for the new pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

@kunos
want to say thank you for the DLC.via this channel - (one member of your crew doesn't like me, I'm still banned). Greetings to your stuff - also to Gergo.

@Jeffrey
thx for this open website and your brand new informations about sim-racing you giving us all days

merry X-Mas
Xela1

This is related news to the DLC content:

http://www.racer.com/north-american...a-ends-laguna-seca-naming-rights-relationship

… so we get the most amazing rendition of the Laguna Seca circuit ever created for sim racing and then it will only last for 3 more month ;-)

Thank you Kunos for the wonderful Christmas present!
Should not see why it should effect anything track related though ,
its like a car for example , build a car in 2016 with for example a certain livery or sponsored livery that gets added , and in the background in 2017 that sponsor ends that partnership and they use another partnership ,
and then been asked to redo or fix that livery from 2016 , it just simply dont get asked ,
should not see why anything currently released on the track should change to be honest :)

Track is looking good so far imo. I don't know what some few people have problems with the track surface...?! Tarmac textures are looking stunning, and they are high resoluion. I wouldn't say that LS is looking better than the rest of official content but it is pretty on the same high quality level like Spa or Zandvoort. With exception of the very ordinary looking buildings at Laguna Seca and the uninspired mostly white/grey truck trailers around the track, this track is looking pretty good and it is laserscanned, this is the most important thing!

The 33 Stradale, the Sesto Elemento and the Quadrifoglio are all amazing.

Rhetorical question: is the Alfa Giulia really so easy to control (with the TC off of course) IRL? If it is it must be the most well-balanced sports sedan ever built.

Should not see why it should effect anything track related though ,
its like a car for example , build a car in 2016 with for example a certain livery or sponsored livery that gets added , and in the background in 2017 that sponsor ends that partnership and they use another partnership ,
and then been asked to redo or fix that livery from 2016 , it just simply dont get asked ,
should not see why anything currently released on the track should change to be honest :)

Just sharing the news - I found it interesting to hear something about Laguna Seca, so may others, thats all.

Okay, the package is hyper welcome, but no improvement or novelty in the racing system? Complete flag rules? Improvements to AI? Honestly I was a bit frustrated, I would have preferred the full rules of competition, safety car. But anyway excellent free content made available, congratulations to Kunos.

This is related news to the DLC content:

http://www.racer.com/north-american...a-ends-laguna-seca-naming-rights-relationship

… so we get the most amazing rendition of the Laguna Seca circuit ever created for sim racing and then it will only last for 3 more month ;-)

Thank you Kunos for the wonderful Christmas present!
Actually, if I read the article correctly, dropping the current name is actually a bonus for us AC sim racers. Why? The official title is Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Personally, I've never heard anyone call it that. EVER. So, the track will officially be known as Laguna Seca in the near future. Well, that's already what it's named in Assetto Corsa by Kunos, so the official name change couldn't happen fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

The Alfa Stradale is probably the best "pretended" car I have driven in the last 20 or so years of simracing, both in terms of handling, sound, and the pure joy it provides.
V8 Supercars from OSRM and the Ford Legends for rFactor come close, but will have to settle for the second place. The Stradale.....what a car.

Actually, if I read the article correctly, dropping the current name is actually a bonus for us AC sim racers. Why? The official title is Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Personally, I've never heard anyone call it that. EVER. So, the track will officially be known as Laguna Seca in the near future. Well, that's already what it's named in Assetto Corsa by Kunos, so the official name change couldn't happen fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

There won't be any change in game. Track is already called Laguna Seca, also Mazda banners will stay ingame I guess.

Sesto is my favorite. careful enter corner, push hard on exit IT JUST SHOOT!
and the sound... KUNOS guys really amazing
not fun in laguna i don't know why, really fun in zandvoort and brands hatch

Next is Aston martin DLC right? :)

one of the most horrid things in ac is the actual shader they use for the tarmac, were the normal map texture doesn't fit the difuse
Why would you want it to match the diffuse? You want it to better match the detail textures hence the current system works better for that.

Oh and you could have it match the diffuse. The NM just has to be the same aspect ratio as the diffuse and set the scaling to 1 1. But again it is better to match the detail texture which is the most common way to use it.

With the mention of the Fall Creators update, Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2 bot have a Full screen bug with them where they are clicked on will shrink to task bar but I have checked this with AC an its working well here so they have fixed the the full screen issue I had, sorry this is bringing 2 other games into this topic I know but its just something I spotted

Why would you want it to match the diffuse? You want it to better match the detail textures hence the current system works better for that.

Oh and you could have it match the diffuse. The NM just has to be the same aspect ratio as the diffuse and set the scaling to 1 1. But again it is better to match the detail texture which is the most common way to use it.
na just write an A into the difuse, then make a nm out of it and youll see it's rotated like 30º will never match, unless it was fixed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.