Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think now the deal is either off with EA or it's not exclusive anymore since I read the likelihood of Porsche renewing that exclusive license was really low. So time to Porsche to cash in into other businesses
It's not only the exclusive license.. This is the thing that shows how respected Kunos team is from car manufacturers:

The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.
source

offtopic
There is a better solution from sending someone to simberia: putting him on a global ignore list, so he is the only one reading his posts. He will run out of the fuel that feeds his rage very very soon ;)

It's going to be total 20 cars. Source: http://i.imgur.com/RWa7eoV.jpg

So probably everything in the trailer. Wise thing would be mix them up, not divide them into street pack and race pack, to sell them to wider audience.

Anyone who says "Then won't get them" is either A) kidding himself B) a bloody idiot.

Also, EA still holds the rights. Kunos just has special agreement with Porsche. Source: http://i.imgur.com/8x9sPQd.png

Fantastic news for Porsche fans...does this mean AC has the licence trifecta for high end car manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini and now Porsche....not meany other Sims can claim that as far as I know.....kudos Kunos.

Good news, i'm not really hyped about Porsche or any more cars packs, but i hope this means that they will improve hybrid engines physics with more complex algorithms, and add features for endurance races too, since i see there some Group C cars and the 919 :D

This is what I've been wishing for most of all. No doubt the 919 LMP1 will be something very special to drive, but what's the point of it if you can't actually do proper endurance racing in AC?
the point is that now they will have a point for thinking in implement endurance features, i still have a feeling kunos will Laser Scan Le Mans not later than 2017, TDS predictions lol

the point is that now they will have a point for thinking in implement endurance features
We've had the GTE/GTLM and GT3 classes for like 2 years and nothing has come of any endurance features. Personally I doubt it will ever happen (just my opinion), just because it's been a case of waiting and waiting for years for the MP side of things to improve, but to no avail. If it hasn't happened yet, then I really cannot see it coming at all.

Heck, I'll take just regular racing features over endurance features if it means just getting them in the game. Just basic stuff like flags, a penalty system, timed races etc. etc.

It's almost at the point now where I'd prefer it if they add more road cars because at least they can be used as intended. But tbh, I'm happy to have AC as my road car game for a bit of fun as AMS has really consumed 99% of my time with the racing to be had :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.