Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
which studio involved in PC racing sims could afford it? perhaps iR or WMD .. Reiza hardly, S3 who knows, Kunos without 505 (and their Rocket League :) ) probably niether .. there are not that many big studios in sim racing playing field ...

It's great news. It means AC are still progressing and expanding. They take so much care modelling these cars and it attracts the big players to see their cars represented so well.

AC is my sim of choice, this news makes it so much better.

Aww man... just can't decide if I should make a happy comment and be considered a total peasant or put on my SaltGoggles with +10 Skepticism and Cynicism enchantments and be a high and mighty party pooper so that I can be considered a part of the kool kid klub. /s

JK, don't care what people might think but I love that Porsche is back into sim racing. And kudos to Kunos for being successful enough in this industry to accomplish this task. This could easily bring more people into sim racing. :p

What a marvellous news :) :) I still remember how disappointing it was when EA got exclusive rights to use Porsches in it's goofy arcade games. Like a slap on simracers face. And now this... My respects to Kunos, you are tough guys of simracing development. You have your own brilliant game engine while almost everybody else uses gmotor2, and now you have Porsche lisence, which propably nobody could believe few hours back. Keep on what you are doing, in your own way like so far. You rock! You are great!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%