Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
oh look I'm Porsche, I'm special :D So is every Lotus ever :D

Funny fun time intended.

What is "dead content" ???

I agree about hype though. There are like 2000 cars to be released till the end of a year, but teasing rate is relatively low. I'm not saying that they should show a new preview each day multiple times like Kardashian would be posting selfies, but still, you know....

There must be lots of cards to open. We don't know anything about next track, we don't know if there will be 917K, or AutoUnion TypeC, and so on...

Milk that cow.

What is "dead content" ???

I agree about hype though. There are like 2000 cars to be released till the end of a year, but teasing rate is relatively low. I'm not saying that they should show a new preview each day multiple times like Kardashian would be posting selfies, but still, you know....

There must be lots of cards to open. We don't know anything about next track, we don't know if there will be 917K, or AutoUnion TypeC, and so on...

Milk that cow.
For some reason the internet ingeneral doesn't seem to have a definition for "dead content" (and they say internet has it all), well its something that has been created and intended for any sort of use, but after a while it rarely has any use and basically becomes useless, for example (very bad example), people still watch TV in 2016, yet Internet has everything you would ever want to see <for free>.

Blimey at it again. :rolleyes:

Plenty of people who never comment on here enjoy the content, plenty of people like the Lotus cars in the game (maybe you should try them? they are actually great to drive and fairly close to race cars...), plenty of people enjoy road cars. Not much more to be said. If you hate road cars that's your issue, not the game's fault.

oh look I'm Porsche, I'm special :D So is every Lotus ever :D

Funny fun time intended.
I think the Lotuses are amongst the most fun of the game. In fact, driving the new Exige has really woken my interest in Lotus more then before, and especially in this version. Made me look deep into it, and brought me that far, that i'd like to purchase one in a few years :redface:
I expect nothing less from the Porsches.
I for one would welcome it if every Porsche of the new pack is a road car ;)
i think the terminus "dead content" is different for pretty much everyone. I think there is no car in the game that isn't interesting for at least one person playing it.
I like even the Maserati Levante to be honest. Would love some "competition" like the Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q7, Mercedes GLE or BMW X5 (licenses are all there) to do some road testing agains each other :)..and i hate SUVs in real life, would never ever buy one.
For me "dead content" is the Porsche/Ruf Yellowbird..driven (tried to drive) it quite often, but the stability is horrible, and everytime i try to hotlap i just get mad. I despise that car

Last edited:
Hello friends,
Sure I'm waiting for different models of the 911...
But I really hope that in this new DLC "Special Porsche" there will be the great 917 K, with a incredible sound., the same that S. McQueen had in "Le Mans" (the blue Gulf). I know, I 'm old now.... But my passion is the same !
See you soon, maybe on a track, for an endurance race (my préférence, with rally - I have played thousands hours on Richard Burn's rally, now I wait to have " Dirt rally "- ).
But Asseto Corsa is really good, and I spend a lot of hours with it every day, and 95 % on the Nordschleife).
I hope that one day, Kunos "give" us the rain, and the night.
Sorry for my bad english,
"Amicalement"
Speedjc

Announced racing cars
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
997 Carrera Cup
919 LMP1-H 2015 / 919 LMP1-H 2016
935-78 Group 5
917/30 Spyder

991 GT3 R and 991 RSR will probably come at some point too....(GT3 field is biggest expanding section of AC with M6 GT3 coming early next year)....

road cars announced
911 Carrera RSR 3.0
971 Panamera
918 Spyder
991 Carrera S 2016

So 8 more Porsche's to be reveled at some point.

You would assume some of that will be racing cars.

" AC Your Racing Simulator "
Here... Have another road car...
So what? Are the road cars in the game preventing you from racing the race cars in the game? I don't understand these people and their logic. It seems that the game having the tagline Your Racing Simulator and including road cars it blocks your option of racing just race cars? Do you want games with 100% race cars? Then use only those games. AC from the start came with road and race cars and 3 years later you're making drama?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back