Assetto Corsa Pit Limiter Button

They don't have one, so it's just an automatic limiter. Incidentally, I just posted a topic on the limitations of AC's button config compared to the 3/2017 update to RaceRoom for example. The configuration for your wheel has always been pretty poor in AC even though it is one of my favorite sims. I just cannot believe the wheel options. We cannot even assign a button for pause or Esc to the wheel. You have to hit the Esc on the keyboard unless you get one of those assigning keys to buttons programs.

I totally agree! Just got myself a PC (had a PS4) and love the fact you can mod games etc. Being new to all of this, I was so excited to get the RacesSim Studios Formula Hybrid car because I was thinking, BUTTONS! Turns out all you can do from the wheel is DRS and adjust brake bias :whistling:

Incredible car that could be taken to another level with some wheel button mapping. Cmon Kunos!

I totally agree! Just got myself a PC (had a PS4) and love the fact you can mod games etc. Being new to all of this, I was so excited to get the RacesSim Studios Formula Hybrid car because I was thinking, BUTTONS! Turns out all you can do from the wheel is DRS and adjust brake bias :whistling:

Incredible car that could be taken to another level with some wheel button mapping. Cmon Kunos!

That's a mod car though, modders may not have the ability/desire to have all those controls mapped to buttons. Try the Ferrari SF15-T, there's a whole list of things you can map to buttons with that car (but you need a degree in rocket science to understand them all).

It's definitely true that AC spent a lot of time on the wheel options for F1. But they didn't solve the problem where the wheel itself lacks even the basics like Esc. We need Joy2Key just for that basic function. But even then, there aren't really that many keyboard shortcuts either in AC to even map with Joy2Key but at least it's something. So if AC could spend that much time with F1 and all those options, can we just get Esc, Pit Limiter and a few other basic commands. lol....They include the horn as an option for annoying horn addicts but not Esc or Pit Limiter.

Adding pit limiter button is not just adding pit limiter button. You need to create a system of penalties, information, and warnings for the player.

What's the point of adding Esc as wheel button when the rest of the actions need to be performed with the mouse after you pressed Esc. So they would need to make all these actions bind to directions and enter to replace the mouse, and link it to the menu graphics. Currently Esc only serves to bring the esc-menu on screen and everything else needs the Mouse, so they know is pointless to make Esc a button bind option in the Controls menu.

Horn and lights serve a purpose on the race track (horn only for road cars since race cars don't tend to have them).

Actually, I am very glad you brought up those points. I refrained from getting into the details just to answer the basic points that we need wheel options. But the POV would need to function as well I agree. So you would hit Esc then POV down or up. But just as a comparison, I believe almost all other sims have Esc or some way to pause or Esc and we still have to grab the mouse. So it's not like we aren't all used to it and it does have value. But I understand you points. Thank you.

Also, I didn't mention the lights because I agree we do have a purpose for both options. But the horn is pretty much useless for the most part.

Hi, I'm also new to AC, coming from GT Legends and I can't understand why the pit limiter is automatic. AC is supposed to be a simulator. Speed limit in pits is part of the race, if you forget it or hit the limiter too early or too late, too bad. To me this automatic limiter doesn't make any sense, it's like having automatic brakes on track...

Finally, Pageot, ... just one single feature missing among many other racing features in AC !
That's my only troubling problem about AC .... I

Ok in the early days or even 2 years of development and improvement, I could accept and agree .... but now I think we'll have to wait for AC2 to ( maybe ?? ) have them.

One thing is sure for me: if AC2 is published in the future without at least the basic racing features: pitlimiter, decent race penalties, rolling start, really working driver swap, changing weather ... ( and I surely forget some other main base feature )..... I'll be waiting for them before buying.

AC has so many qualities ... but it really misses this Racing side of a sim.... I'm not satisfied any longer with a pure Hotlap featured sim ... while this theoritical "Your Racing Simulation" just remains a perfect "Driving Simulation".

NB notice that I'm not and don't wish to be speaking about rain and night on purpose, as I knew from the start the sim engine didn't allow them. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back