Assetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight - vote for it!

As everybody knows you can support Asetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight and make it possible for AC to be released on Steam. This should help Kunos Simulazioni further development of the title.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128612208

But the main reason of posting this thread is the fact, that I wanted to share with you some interesting infos from SG forum:

Q:
[DDPH]chunkapie
How did they get liscensing rights for the cars? I mean, how could an indie, steam greenlight title, get liscensing for top notch sports cars? Something doesn't seem right, as cool as it looks.

Kunos Simulazioni
A:
@[DDPH]chunkapie We got the licenses working very hard with great passion. I can assure you the car manufacturers at first didn't even wanted to talk with us, but we insisted and slowly, showing them demo after demo of the game they all started to be interested. We get all our money from old projects, invested on official content. We don't try to be rich, we just love this work and we just want to keep doing what we do. The only way to achieve this is by creating a quality project that people love and buy. No other way around it.

Q:
nosalis
how good will the career be? .. I usually prefer playing alone, then MP .. and I don't want just collect cars

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
There is no career planed for now. All cars will be unlocked from start. You will be able to do championships offline and race weekends, but there is no career. Maybe we will add career scenarios later if everything goes according to plan.

Q:
Zedux 22
how many votes do we have right now Kunos Simulazioni? and how many do we need? I vote yes because it's worth it!

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
We don't have the slightest idea how many votes are needed. Steam doesn't pubblish specific information about this. We just go on and on, hoping to do lot's of noise so that Steam decides AC is worth it.
You support is much appreciated guys.

Q:
Taisent [FR]
French and Linux version ?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
Sorry no linux version of the game is planed.
French version of the game will be available with v1.0 Also the whole UI is easy to translate by anybody, so virtually all languages could be available in Assetto Corsa with the help of the community.

Q:
sara_bear 24
Wondering if this is get the whole game when you buy or a pay for the cars you want game?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
@sara_bear Yes this game will have a fixed price and gets you all the cars we have announced for the first version. More additional content will follow, some free, some at a price.

If you find any new infos from Kunos, please post them!

Immagine.png

You know who this guy is? here the answer: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/user/profile/10034.page

That was posted before iR went on Steam. On Aris' twitter page there are other post from Kevin, and he also wrote this http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129485071/846945955397797000/ (Elod's post) yesterday.

IMO simracing community loves to fight itself, when you read comments like this, you understand this is a useless battle...:

-GreenLight should be for upcoming indie games. Not games that have been out 5 years and is only here to advertise their website. iRacing.com, I thought it was called iRacing!
-An absolute NO until they drop the subscription system. Cool game otherwise
-Absolute garbage sim. Shitty tyre model

...people just can't understand, they love to fight eachother. On DI.net there are people who say iR has done a declaration of war to AC, and moderators do nothing. So sad.

I didn't see his tweet earlier. So that's very nice from him. Actually it looks like the devs are very supporatative to themselves. I saw Kunos&Simbin family photo ( :D ) some time ago, also guys from ISI and now iRacing support Kunos and KS support them.
So actually that's even more sad that community can't be together and support each other like the devs. People should follow their example.

This feels like every community I've been into, every time everywhere people will choose a thing they like and declare it to be the only possible choice for them, well ok, but people will also declare it to be the only choice for everyone else too, and so endless arguments/fights happen.

Myself, I like AC very much, but that doesn't mean I'll rule out every other racing game, or worse, shove my preference down other people's throats.

I wish people would be less fanatic about their likes and dislikes, would make things better for everyone else. :)

For me it had nothing to do with beeing a fanatic.

Question on steam was very simple. Would you play this game if it was available on Steam? Awnser for me was No .. Had nothing to do with thinking that AC or what ever is the better/best Sim. Im just not interested in that particulair game because of its business model.
And i dont feel imature or guilty for beeing honest about it.

Voting yes so others might be able to enjoy it and help boost the genre, dint cross my mind at that point in time. Might take that into account next time i vote on something though..

By Aris from Kunos S.

Don't have Steam and can't vote on Greenlight? Easy fix!
1. Register at Steam http://store.steampowered.com/

2. Get RaceRoomRacing Experience aka R3E for FREE! http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500

3. Vote YES for Assetto Corsa Greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128612208

4. Vote YES for iRacing Greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129485071

5. Share SimRacing Love!

YEAH! Come on!

283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

Spread the word guys!! :D

Great fix - that was the thing I needed :D I'm not a fan of digital distribution but I registered account on steam just to vote for AC... and it was dissapointing that I wasn't able... now... where was this little shiny button 'YES' :D

Guess Kunos is showing true love for the genre here.. And even after beeing downvoted by parts of the iRacing community during some kind of holy crusade allmost. Youre still suggesting i should reconsider mine? Brain is confused now.. dilemma is brewing .. aarrgh!

Will look over Steam and consider the suggestion,
Much love ;)

It really pissed me off when I read that tweet from Aris. To act in such a childish manner, this "fanboy" stuff is sickening. We are sim racers. Mature people who have a love and passion for cars and racing. We are not immautre children who say "ehhh noo ps3 is betta, xbox sucks!" or "gran turismo shi*s all over forza" etc etc...

This is what it looked like to me, for iRacing users to down vote Assetto Corsa, an indie trying to just do what they love and to continue doing it is absolutely sad and pathetic.

If this means AC doesn't make it to steam, then as a result doesn't get as much as sales as they had hoped, what's going to happen to us? Well, Kunos and the team will lose hope to spend more money on creating such beautiful things, which means no advancements of Assetto Corsa, no DLC, and no "Assetto Corsa 2" so to speak. I want to see Assetto Corsa evolve, I want it to be here until 2018 as they planned and I want to continue seeing DLC with the quality of what is already the Lotus in the Tech Preview.

For this not to happen, because of some pathetic immature people? I really hope not. I hope the amount of real sim racers and gamer's alike will overpower these pathetic people with "Yes" votes.

Great fix - that was the thing I needed :D I'm not a fan of digital distribution but I registered account on steam just to vote for AC... and it was dissapointing that I wasn't able... now... where was this little shiny button 'YES' :D
How do you do that ?

I have opened an account, downloaded and installed R3E, but I still can't vote.
I'm told I have to buy/register a game, make a microtransaction etc...

Am I missing something ?

How do you do that ?

I have opened an account, downloaded and installed R3E, but I still can't vote.
I'm told I have to buy/register a game, make a microtransaction etc...

Am I missing something ?

Actually I wrote it when I was downloading R3E. I thought that playing it will activate account but sadly it didn't happen and I'm still not able to vote :( So in the end you're missing nothing.
We just have to spend some money on steam in order to activate accounts :(

I think everybody overreacted a bit after reading that tweet, myself included
  • as its an percentage 50% in- or decrease can mean a lot in absolute numbers or nothing at all :)
  • nobody can be 100% sure that its fanboys from iracing downvoting AC. Who says it aren't NFS fanboys?
saltgrains.jpg

All taken with a grain of salt as I am sure AC will eventually get enough pro votes

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%