Assetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight - vote for it!

As everybody knows you can support Asetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight and make it possible for AC to be released on Steam. This should help Kunos Simulazioni further development of the title.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128612208

But the main reason of posting this thread is the fact, that I wanted to share with you some interesting infos from SG forum:

Q:
[DDPH]chunkapie
How did they get liscensing rights for the cars? I mean, how could an indie, steam greenlight title, get liscensing for top notch sports cars? Something doesn't seem right, as cool as it looks.

Kunos Simulazioni
A:
@[DDPH]chunkapie We got the licenses working very hard with great passion. I can assure you the car manufacturers at first didn't even wanted to talk with us, but we insisted and slowly, showing them demo after demo of the game they all started to be interested. We get all our money from old projects, invested on official content. We don't try to be rich, we just love this work and we just want to keep doing what we do. The only way to achieve this is by creating a quality project that people love and buy. No other way around it.

Q:
nosalis
how good will the career be? .. I usually prefer playing alone, then MP .. and I don't want just collect cars

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
There is no career planed for now. All cars will be unlocked from start. You will be able to do championships offline and race weekends, but there is no career. Maybe we will add career scenarios later if everything goes according to plan.

Q:
Zedux 22
how many votes do we have right now Kunos Simulazioni? and how many do we need? I vote yes because it's worth it!

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
We don't have the slightest idea how many votes are needed. Steam doesn't pubblish specific information about this. We just go on and on, hoping to do lot's of noise so that Steam decides AC is worth it.
You support is much appreciated guys.

Q:
Taisent [FR]
French and Linux version ?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
Sorry no linux version of the game is planed.
French version of the game will be available with v1.0 Also the whole UI is easy to translate by anybody, so virtually all languages could be available in Assetto Corsa with the help of the community.

Q:
sara_bear 24
Wondering if this is get the whole game when you buy or a pay for the cars you want game?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
@sara_bear Yes this game will have a fixed price and gets you all the cars we have announced for the first version. More additional content will follow, some free, some at a price.

If you find any new infos from Kunos, please post them!

I just saw that since the last big batch of greenlight titles in April they changed it to announce around 4-6 titles every two weeks. So far AC wasn't part of it but the next batch should be released in the next few days if they continue to do it like that.

Yea, although it's a bit different with pcars, as it's going in steam while still heavily in development. AC will go as a finished game. I'm sure AC will get there too.

Difference is that SMS pays for it while Kunos trys to get in for free(?!) with that Greenlight program.
As I understand usually to put a game on steam you need a publisher (company that will advertise your game which is sure way to secure big sales). That way you are sharing part of profit with publisher and another part with steam. Also I think you can skip this step if your game was released on steam in the past.
Obviously there is also greenlight. Which in theory should promote indie games that community want to play/buy. So in short this is popularity contest... but there is a twist. Last word always belongs to all powerful steam. So they can block any game without giving any reason. On the other hand if youtube personality decides to promote game it can be pushed through greenlight by sheer numbers of followers. Even if there is no "game" (no demo, alpha) only bunch of promises (any yes it did happen).
I'm wondering that maybe AC delay is caused by developer trying to find publisher? This could nicely skip greenlight step. Here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q2n1FVmOIL8#t=31s short example on how unpredictable valve can be.

I'm wondering that maybe AC delay is caused by developer trying to find publisher? This could nicely skip greenlight step. Here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q2n1FVmOIL8#t=31s short example on how unpredictable valve can be.

Interesting video.

From Greenlight FAQs:

Do you require exclusivity for titles you sell on Steam?
We think you should get your game in front of as many people as you can, therefore we do not require or recommend exclusivity on titles

If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?
Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.

Based on that I would assume that Greenlight is not the blocking point.
Actually, they have already raised the bar so high with the TP that, would they release AC v1.0 tomorrow, I am sure they would create pretty much the same enthusiasm as if they had waited six more months.
Somehow I have always missed the point with marketting...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%