Assetto Corsa: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and Nurburgring Sprint released

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new version of Assetto Corsa. The popular PC racing simulator now includes the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG car and the Nürburgring Sprint Layout circuit.

The dev team have been working on the delivering next release which is available for free right now with all the announcements and changelog listed below.

Purchase Assetto Corsa from our webshop with 10% discount for premium members.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
The new version includes the most wanted Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: even if the release of the first Mercedes-Benz model licensed for Assetto Corsa was previously scheduled to be included in Assetto Corsa 1.0, we have decided to reward all our fans for the terrific support they gave us during this year, including this content in the current release.

Nurburgring Sprint Layout
The Sprint layout of Nurburgring GP circuit, ideal for quick races and events, is also available as free update. This version includes also some features under the hood that will allow our development team to test the overall compatibility with the aim to release a candidate beta version of Assetto Corsa within some weeks. More details will come soon
Changelog
  • In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General
  • Added new car Mercedes SLS
  • Added new track Nurburgring Sprint
  • Tyre model modifications, more direct and "alive" FFB on all cars. We advice less FF "effects"
  • AI modifications for Mercedes SLS AMG & McLaren MP4 12C street
  • fixed drag race
  • all cars with H pattern manual gearbox, when used with paddles, can now enable autocut-off autoblip assist properly. The timings are slower than what you can achieve with an H shifter hardware.
  • Fixed multiplayer leaderboard logic
  • Fixeg bugs in multiplayer GUI
  • Overlay leaderboard implemented (Press F9 to cycle between 4 different modes)
  • Fixed horn & lights in multiplayer
  • Graphics & CPU Performance improvements
  • Multiplayer Blacklist system improved
  • Intro video at first launch, possible to disable it from options
  • Replay Size reduced
  • Replay frame interpolation improved
  • Time Attack : fixed crash when trying to load open tracks & lap estimation formula improved
  • Setup Force Feedback setting page improved
  • ksEditor : notify when skinned mesh is imported with a wrong scale
  • ksEditor : fixed IN/OUT camera normalized start-end position not rendering on spline during camera editing
  • Fixed small random flashes during gameplay
  • Added dedicated leaderboard APP
  • Updated TAB key ingame leaderboard with a new look and functions
  • Skidmarks start shape fixed and rendering is now faster
  • Python apps can be enabled / disabled from the launcher
  • Fixed bug "return to pits and lap counting in some special cases"
  • Added Python camera control
  • Fixed tyres jittering at low speeds
  • Fixed missing wheels when AI car brake its engine and goes to pits
  • Physics related rules : now cars must respect their defined set of rules in order to run on the track
  • Track cameras now place the car in the middle of the screen
  • Post Process App selector : fixed loading of default ppEffects.ini
  • AI improvements
  • Improved Drag AI
  • Skidmarks are now disabled when setting World Detail to minimum
  • - Dynamic track randomness now less pronounced

their site says FALL 2014 release 1.0
Yes but even giving a season as a release time, not even a date, or month but a season should be an indication that it's only a rough guess at when they expect to have the full game released. We're still not even in the autumn months so for all we know they're still on schedule.

their ideology is to have an environment for modding
Yeah, on the finished product. If the mods break down every two weeks after the release of the finalised game then you have cause to complain. Until then you just have to accept this is early access and it's not going to work like a finished game.

thats why i expect them to make not too drastic changes in formats
That's a bit unfair when you think it through, if the game needs major updates to get to the finished product then they have to be implemented. All the mods will work eventually and after the game is released we won't have to go through this kind of thing again.

Until then be prepared to update mods after every official update of AC, it's been that way since the very beginning and it's not going to change.

supposedly the SLS IRL understeers at entry and oversteers at exit. Not a very balanced car afaik...
--I am only repeating what I've heard from reviewers though so, who can tell right,,,
i guess this is how the modern road legal supercar tuned in real life...
you can see the Ferrari 360 really fits the characteristics you have described.
Actually when you look at the car setup and drive them, road legal street cars are all noticeably tend to understeer, and you could only felt very slightly understeer on a race car,cars like 12c gt3 are very oversteery for my standard

A few comments on the UI:

Wow, that opening video is terrible.
Thank god there is an option to turn it, and any future monstrosities off.

Turning off/on Individual apps on the main settings screen? That screen is going to look pretty busy for a lot of people. I've only got one app installed and the screen is already full.

There is an option in the controls to have KERS and DRS - hadn't noticed these before.
Kers and drs buttons were added in. .21.x they do nothing yet that im aware of. Meaning no cars support it yet.

Yes but even giving a season as a release time, not even a date, or month but a season should be an indication that it's only a rough guess at when they expect to have the full game released. We're still not even in the autumn months so for all we know they're still on schedule.

Yeah, on the finished product. If the mods break down every two weeks after the release of the finalised game then you have cause to complain. Until then you just have to accept this is early access and it's not going to work like a finished game.

That's a bit unfair when you think it through, if the game needs major updates to get to the finished product then they have to be implemented. All the mods will work eventually and after the game is released we won't have to go through this kind of thing again.

Until then be prepared to update mods after every official update of AC, it's been that way since the very beginning and it's not going to change.

funny how you put things out of context and start a new discussion
fall 2014 on their website ,,was an answer to where i got the info of release from.

and for the rest ,problem was solved already.

Oh yeah, I was looking forward to the comments saying the SLS is too soft etc. :roflmao:

I'm sure those ppl have never seen a real SLS stop and accel at a red light or so cos that thing is a boat. 2 of my former bosses drove those boats and I could never believe how much the car dives in under breaking. :confused: But the sound in real life, omg! :inlove:

@Terry Rock

I have 2 SLS's in my garage in Abu Dhabi. I'll fly out there tonight and see if I can get some track time in for comparison.

J/K. :)
i guess this is how the modern road legal supercar tuned in real life...
you can see the Ferrari 360 really fits the characteristics you have described.
Actually when you look at the car setup and drive them, road legal street cars are all noticeably tend to understeer, and you could only felt very slightly understeer on a race car,cars like 12c gt3 are very oversteery for my standard

Good review by Tiff and Mark.
I've always liked cars that tend to go towards oversteer.
It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I owned and drove a 250cc shifter as a junior karter and then all my cars right up until my current Saab Turbo, were rear engined cars.
I feel almost as comfortable catching oversteer as I do walking.
Understeer on the other hand I always have to think about...even though most of the time all you need to do to get it under control is ease slightly out of the throttle.

The sls handles pretty much how I thought, plenty of power oversteer, doesn't generally handle all that well, which is exactly what Jeremy Clarkson said on top gear. He just said it was a fun car to drive, which has a monster of an engine, so in many ways it harks back to the hot rod cars of the 60s, it kinda has a 60s mustang or other muscle car kinda feel to it. Lots of fun, despite my general dislike of road cars in AC.

Okay cheers, that worked :)

Now comes the next problem:

I cannot play the MP4-GT3 anymore.

No matter at what track I wanna take it for a spin, the game says "invalid setup, check again" but that has no impact either. So it won't let me get on track with the MP4-GT3 :rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.