Assetto Corsa: Lamborghini Officially Licensed

Chris

Premium
10847488_1041609485865369_1935315532445119024_o.png

Kunos Simulazioni have developed a habit of making big announcements on the final day of the year, and this year is no exception.

The coveted Lamborghini brand will be officially replicated in Assetto Corsa as part of the ongoing development of the Assetto Corsa simulator.

SEE ALSO: Assetto Corsa for sale in the RD Store

It may only be one license, but don't think for a second that this is a small fish, because from the video trailer Kunos released, the following Lamborghini models will be making their virtual debut in Assetto Corsa:
  • Aventador
  • Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
  • Asterion
  • Miura SV
  • Huracan GT3
  • Gallardo GT3
  • Veneno, and,
  • Countach

The development team stated the following on their Facebook page:
"Dear AC followers,
this has been a really great year, and we want to finish at the best possible way. We are proud to announce the official license of Lamborghini Automobili in Assetto Corsa, with a selection of the most beautiful, powerful and iconic models of the prestigious Italian Car Manufacturer. With the addition of Lamborghini, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Alfa Romeo, Ford and many other contents, Assetto Corsa will bring you the best selection of GT, sportcars and prototypes ever seen in a racing simulation.

Reproducing the cars of an iconic brand like Lamborghini Automobili is a huge honour for us, as well as a very important message to our fans: the decision to make such a huge investment after Assetto Corsa has been released, is the result of our strong believe in this project and in this community. It also means that in the mid future you can expect developments for Assetto Corsa that go well beyond the generic "additional contents".

As said before, the version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa signifies not just the long-term achievement but also a new start.
Our team is already working on contents and features that are scheduled for release during 2015. Some of those have yet to be unveiled, but we are excited about them and confident that we will amaze you once again. Finally, with the inclusion of the Lamborghini license, about fifty additional cars officially licensed will be included in Assetto Corsa during 2015!

You probably already know all about the first additional package as it is the most anticipated by the community, and we bet you want to know more about it: the Dream pack, featuring the Nordschleife official circuit, for the first time fully based on Laserscan technology, will be a total blast! Your racing experience will be elevated to a brand new level. The production and testing of this package has required a huge work, resources and manpower, but we are sure you will appreciate it, turn by turn, curb by curb. Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package, namely the Alfa Romeo's 4c, 155 DTM and GTA, the McLaren's P1 and F1 GTR, the Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 GT3, the GM Corvette C7R GTE, the Mercedes 190 DTM and Sauber-C9 and the BMW M235iRacing VLN. We will also inform you about pre-order, price and release date.

Someone says that good things need time. Thank you for your patience and your support, as always all our efforts are focused to improve your Assetto Corsa experience even more.

Welcome, Lamborghini. Welcome, 2015!"​

Wonderful list of cars, slowly but surely AC is going to have the best roster of road cars in any sim till date if they continue at this pace. Kudos to Kunos :thumbsup:. Really looking forward to driving these beauties, also am I the only one who would love to have the old Murcielago R-GT as well? Those old GT1 cars were quite insane. :geek:

Last edited:
Wonderful list of cars, slowly but surely AC is going to have the best roster of road cars in any sim till date if the continue at this pace. Kudos to Kunos :thumbsup:. Really looking forward to driving these beauties, also am I the only one who would love to have the old Murcielago R-GT as well? Those old GT1 cars were quite insane. :geek:
you were not the only one -i'm also would love to see and have Murcielago RSV GT1 as well. my fav car in SHIFT 2 :D

I think he meant it is at the real location in real life.

The real life vallelunga circuit has the lamborghini advert. I saw it when they were doing the press event on the last days of september, I saw a video, it's a billboard on the last corner before the grid. So they replicated in game what was there at the moment. Besides that, lamborghini cars are a frequent at vallelunga track, Marco said they use that track for testing.

While that may be true, if they had no desire to pursue Lamborghini at some point, I think they could have used any billboard they wanted. I don't think anyone would have cared if that billboard was changed as long as the track was accurate. My guess is they wanted Lamborghini from the beginning, maybe having the billboard in game along with the success of the game thus far helped persuade Lamborghini to let them use the license.

Finally an announcement that does not make me cry because I am on holidays without a gaming PC since 15/12 already. :D:D:D:D

There have been way too many cool announcements with released content in the past 2.5 weeks. :roflmao::mad::roflmao:

B2T: Yeah, yet another amazing licensing announcement. Mega psyched over the GT3 cars.

However, let's be realistic, it's just another announcement without a clear release date for anything. So we should not forget that it will take ages until we get to see the first cars available to drive.

Lastly, I don't want to be too critical here but if they tease us like that for 3 days, then they could have at least given us some more info on the Dream Pack DLC other than "soon we'll have more". :rolleyes:
Well, that's their style and we have to live with it I guess, just don't think it's cool. :unsure:

Anyway, 2 MOAR GT3 CARS !!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Lastly, I don't want to be too critical here but if they tease us like that for 3 days, then they could have at least given us some more info on the Dream Pack DLC other than "soon we'll have more". :rolleyes:
Well, that's their style and we have to live with it I guess, just don't think it's cool. :unsure:

Anyway, 2 MOAR GT3 CARS !!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

I think we'll see some more info next week on dream pack dlc. I have my money ready for it since it's been announced. Let's see if they are men of their words.

"Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package..."

Yeah, as I said....why starting next week if they already teased us now? Makes no sense.
We are already waiting 1 year for more info on the pack.
I understand that the message was "LAMBO" yesterday but if they were able to include yet another mini teaser like that, then they could have given us proper info as well.

Yeah, as I said....why starting next week if they already teased us now? Makes no sense.
We are already waiting 1 year for more info on the pack.
I understand that the message was "LAMBO" yesterday but if they were able to include yet another mini teaser like that, then they could have given us proper info as well.

Believe me, i'm pissed off about it too. But there's nothing we can do about it other than waiting it out.

The lambo announcement was big, but didn't blow me away like the Nords from last year. The bar was just so damn high since that. No doubt I will enjoy all of these monsters and glad they got it. But to get the same response I gave last year would take porsche.

Great work by kunos.

To be honest, i would be blown away by just the announcement of dream pack dlc set in stone release date & price. Some screenshots etc. But they only announced the announcement... "Oooh this is upcoming, we can't tell you when and how much but it's on the way"... Dream dlc has been on its way for nearly a year...damn.

To be honest, i would be blown away by just the announcement of dream pack dlc set in stone release date & price. Some screenshots etc. But they only announced the announcement... "Oooh this is upcoming, we can't tell you when and how much but it's on the way"... Dream dlc has been on its way for nearly a year...damn.
They showed a video of most of the cars driving on the nordschleife (edit, ok wasn't the nordschleife)

I am absolutely excited about this announcement!! If there's one thing I like more than a Ferrari, it's a Lamborghini:p
I am also pleased to read between the lines that the features will be given the needed attention, as this is one of my biggest wishes for AC: adding not only content, but even more important depth to this wonderful racing game.
I have the complete confidence now in AC and KUNOS, they have proven to me that they are listening to the community's wishes with this latest anouncement. A hint of what exact features will be implemented, would be desirable though. Curiousity and speculation is always around the corner when communication is brief, I hope KUNOS is aware of this. From a commercial and marketing point of view however, this is the direction KUNOS wants to go and also what the general public wants.
A racing sim fan wet dream would be that KUNOS could convince Porsche to permit them a license, but KUNOS has proved already their ambition with lots of other fantastic brands ;)
As a skinner, I can't wait to paint one of the most extreme super car brands out there, I welcome Lamborghini with open arms!!
THANKS KUNOS :thumbsup:

Wonderful list of cars, slowly but surely AC is going to have the best roster of road cars in any sim till date if they continue at this pace. Kudos to Kunos :thumbsup:. Really looking forward to driving these beauties, also am I the only one who would love to have the old Murcielago R-GT as well? Those old GT1 cars were quite insane. :geek:
+1, GT1 race cars were the greatest and the Murciélago played a significant part in this. What actually surprises me though, is that until now there has never been any talk of the Maserati license, am I correct? Imagine: Ferrari vs Lambo vs Maserati. The Maserati MC-12 (GT1) was one of the most impressive super cars around!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.