Assetto Corsa: Lamborghini Officially Licensed

Chris

Premium
10847488_1041609485865369_1935315532445119024_o.png

Kunos Simulazioni have developed a habit of making big announcements on the final day of the year, and this year is no exception.

The coveted Lamborghini brand will be officially replicated in Assetto Corsa as part of the ongoing development of the Assetto Corsa simulator.

SEE ALSO: Assetto Corsa for sale in the RD Store

It may only be one license, but don't think for a second that this is a small fish, because from the video trailer Kunos released, the following Lamborghini models will be making their virtual debut in Assetto Corsa:
  • Aventador
  • Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
  • Asterion
  • Miura SV
  • Huracan GT3
  • Gallardo GT3
  • Veneno, and,
  • Countach

The development team stated the following on their Facebook page:
"Dear AC followers,
this has been a really great year, and we want to finish at the best possible way. We are proud to announce the official license of Lamborghini Automobili in Assetto Corsa, with a selection of the most beautiful, powerful and iconic models of the prestigious Italian Car Manufacturer. With the addition of Lamborghini, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Alfa Romeo, Ford and many other contents, Assetto Corsa will bring you the best selection of GT, sportcars and prototypes ever seen in a racing simulation.

Reproducing the cars of an iconic brand like Lamborghini Automobili is a huge honour for us, as well as a very important message to our fans: the decision to make such a huge investment after Assetto Corsa has been released, is the result of our strong believe in this project and in this community. It also means that in the mid future you can expect developments for Assetto Corsa that go well beyond the generic "additional contents".

As said before, the version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa signifies not just the long-term achievement but also a new start.
Our team is already working on contents and features that are scheduled for release during 2015. Some of those have yet to be unveiled, but we are excited about them and confident that we will amaze you once again. Finally, with the inclusion of the Lamborghini license, about fifty additional cars officially licensed will be included in Assetto Corsa during 2015!

You probably already know all about the first additional package as it is the most anticipated by the community, and we bet you want to know more about it: the Dream pack, featuring the Nordschleife official circuit, for the first time fully based on Laserscan technology, will be a total blast! Your racing experience will be elevated to a brand new level. The production and testing of this package has required a huge work, resources and manpower, but we are sure you will appreciate it, turn by turn, curb by curb. Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package, namely the Alfa Romeo's 4c, 155 DTM and GTA, the McLaren's P1 and F1 GTR, the Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 GT3, the GM Corvette C7R GTE, the Mercedes 190 DTM and Sauber-C9 and the BMW M235iRacing VLN. We will also inform you about pre-order, price and release date.

Someone says that good things need time. Thank you for your patience and your support, as always all our efforts are focused to improve your Assetto Corsa experience even more.

Welcome, Lamborghini. Welcome, 2015!"​

personally i have enough physics&ffb updates for AC...i need/want/hope for a better AI Gameplay, better Sounds and performance optimisations. Otherwise i can't really enjoy any new cars and further licenses, even if it's a lambo.

So, basically, better AI=$$$ :D

Yeah it would be nice if kunos does few things here and there to provide top league racing to fully enjoy all of this obliterating content. And yes Stefano is finally on it.

With all that lambo is my fav car ever since I was a kid and to see two gt3s which I absolutely love and supertrofeo announced is amazing for me.

AC is defenetially on fire, with holiday mods, 1.0, the ruf and now this bombshell of lambo I'm afraid to see where this will go after holiday time calms down.

50 cars is great and its lovely to see but a year is a long time and we would be cut for a lot of fun if we need to wait till end of 15 to get the leagues running. I'd like to join 2-3 different leagues right now if there was any choice to do so, not wait another year for one league. Any time a car gets pumps out from kunos or modders a new championship could raise.

But yeah Stefano is on it so hopefully he and Admins won't take too long before we can finally get our racing instinct engaged.

wow the car lineup is turning into something quite sexy, really looking forward to this games development.
The race potential of these new cars is very promising, there are going to be some beautiful times ahead with this kind of attitude towards the things that we are being given.

there are issues in the game in need of attention but imo there is more need to give attention to this type of news, its way more exciting and positive to discuss,
just hope that the niggles of the game are going to be ironed out at a decent pace.

thanks kunos and happy new year all.

Oh I'm sorry, are you making a better racing sim? Yeah, you've probably got a way better sim.
Chris,

Ive got say that, dont kown if you watch Family Guy, but your reply was just Stewie talking with Brian. Priceless.

AC is by far the best SIM ever made. It has issues I know, but the driving experience is nothing like the others. Just give time and AC is gonna get better. The licenses are just a plus. There will be still ppl at Kunos working on the other features.

Announcing new content does not mean that they stopped working on core features.

Aris, the physics guy who is responsible for how these cars drive, does not even code 'flags, penalties or MP code'. Same goes for the 3d car modelers. So don't worry, development of core features is not influenced by new car licenses.

It's just less sexy to announce that: 'In 2015 AC will have flags!!!'. Lol, image the rage here and on facebook.

Things like this just learn us one thing: you can never please everyone.
it is though if you think about it this money could have gone into investing in team members or new staff to code better A.I :p

Lik
View attachment 76618
Kunos Simulazioni have developed a habit of making big announcements on the final day of the year, and this year is no exception.

The coveted Lamborghini brand will be officially replicated in Assetto Corsa as part of the ongoing development of the Assetto Corsa simulator. It may only be one license, but don't think for a second that this is a small fish, because from the video trailer Kunos released, the following Lamborghini models will be making their virtual debut in Assetto Corsa:
  • Aventador
  • Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
  • Asterion
  • Miura SV
  • Huracan GT3
  • Gallardo GT3
  • Veneno, and,
  • Countach

The development team stated the following on their Facebook page:
"Dear AC followers,
this has been a really great year, and we want to finish at the best possible way. We are proud to announce the official license of Lamborghini Automobili in Assetto Corsa, with a selection of the most beautiful, powerful and iconic models of the prestigious Italian Car Manufacturer. With the addition of Lamborghini, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Alfa Romeo, Ford and many other contents, Assetto Corsa will bring you the best selection of GT, sportcars and prototypes ever seen in a racing simulation.

Reproducing the cars of an iconic brand like Lamborghini Automobili is a huge honour for us, as well as a very important message to our fans: the decision to make such a huge investment after Assetto Corsa has been released, is the result of our strong believe in this project and in this community. It also means that in the mid future you can expect developments for Assetto Corsa that go well beyond the generic "additional contents".

As said before, the version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa signifies not just the long-term achievement but also a new start.
Our team is already working on contents and features that are scheduled for release during 2015. Some of those have yet to be unveiled, but we are excited about them and confident that we will amaze you once again. Finally, with the inclusion of the Lamborghini license, about fifty additional cars officially licensed will be included in Assetto Corsa during 2015!

You probably already know all about the first additional package as it is the most anticipated by the community, and we bet you want to know more about it: the Dream pack, featuring the Nordschleife official circuit, for the first time fully based on Laserscan technology, will be a total blast! Your racing experience will be elevated to a brand new level. The production and testing of this package has required a huge work, resources and manpower, but we are sure you will appreciate it, turn by turn, curb by curb. Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package, namely the Alfa Romeo's 4c, 155 DTM and GTA, the McLaren's P1 and F1 GTR, the Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 GT3, the GM Corvette C7R GTE, the Mercedes 190 DTM and Sauber-C9 and the BMW M235iRacing VLN. We will also inform you about pre-order, price and release date.

Someone says that good things need time. Thank you for your patience and your support, as always all our efforts are focused to improve your Assetto Corsa experience even more.

Welcome, Lamborghini. Welcome, 2015!"​

Haven't purchased Assetto Corsa yet? Pick it up from the RaceDepartment store for only 34.99 EUR.

Like I said in an earlier post "you can please some of the people all of the time; you can please all of the people some of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

You have to look at this from AC's point of view. To make the best ever sim you need money and you need to decide how to invest money. You need to please most of the people most of the time!

People who expect to get everything for nothing are being irrational. If we want the best sim it has to be funded somehow. Keep the faith, be supportive. AC is certainly the best for me so I will keep supporting them.

Chris,

Ive got say that, dont kown if you watch Family Guy, but your reply was just Stewie talking with Brian. Priceless.

I do watch Family guy. :D
Glad someone picked up on the reference hehe.

yeah here is hoping to a 1.1 1st quarter 2015 (too optimistic?) with all that promised content its gotta be introduced in more than one update i would think
The Lambo's will come later in the year as separate content.
1.1 and the Dream DLC will come earlier than them, and in conjunction with eachother :)

V1.1 will mainly consist of core game upgrades, new features etc. and bug fixes, while the Dream DLC is pretty self explanatory :D

Last edited:
it is though if you think about it this money could have gone into investing in team members or new staff to code better A.I :p
It's nice to think that way but how many people in the world are unemployed simracing AI experts? It's not like the AI has bugs fixable by anyone (open the file and change crashes_per_race=10 to 0), it needs the logic upgraded.

For all we know they're completely open to hiring someone, just haven't got any satisfactory resumes.

I got to say, I think the Car/track content in AC is amazing, it still needs alot of work AI, flags, pitstop(singleplayer) etc, but Chris is right AI must be a nightmare to program, but I've had AC since Beta and its come on leaps & bounds :thumbsup: it will get even better ;):thumbsup:

Hopefully you are kidding and realize it is just a coincidence. There is also a Porsche billboard at Vallelunga but we all know that EA has them locked up.

Not kidding and no coincidence. How is it a coincidence if Kunos had the billboard in game? Kunos could have made that billboard anything they wanted it to be but its been a Lamborghini for at least a year now.

And when you say Porsche is "locked up" I assume you simply mean Kunos can't afford to pay EA as Turn 10 did so it wasn't exactly "locked up" for Forza 4. Money makes the world go 'round and you never know what the future holds. Lambo has been signed.

Not kidding and no coincidence. How is it a coincidence if Kunos had the billboard in game? Kunos could have made that billboard anything they wanted it to be but its been a Lamborghini for at least a year now.

And when you say Porsche is "locked up" I assume you simply mean Kunos can't afford to pay EA as Turn 10 did so it wasn't exactly "locked up" for Forza 4. Money makes the world go 'round and you never know what the future holds. Lambo has been signed.
I think he meant it is at the real location in real life.

The real life vallelunga circuit has the lamborghini advert. I saw it when they were doing the press event on the last days of september, I saw a video, it's a billboard on the last corner before the grid. So they replicated in game what was there at the moment. Besides that, lamborghini cars are a frequent at vallelunga track, Marco said they use that track for testing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back