Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Kunos Simulazioni just revealed a press release containing information that a release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues the company had to change their strategy but the job will be completed soon.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I don't see why they can't release it with just a download link, together with a option to buy it on their site, like they did with NKP and like Reiza makes with GSC.

I just want the game, not the Steam software.

For example because they might want to integrate Steamworks for the friend / servers management, online capability etc.?
It would be free for them, so not only they would save tons of money but also hundred of hours of coding & working on it.
Steam is not only Store, did you know that?

Not to mention Steam Box.

Because that means a lot more than just a download link Sergio.
- bandwidth costs
- support
- web security
- automatic updates you miss when not having steam

Not to mention the workload that comes because 50% of the people don't know how to install a game properly on their harddrives :D

Its more than just a download link.

I've only tried pirating one or two games. It wasn't that enjoyable an experience to be honest. PC games are so cheap I don't see the point anymore, the steam service has won me over and I'd rather pay than go through the hassles of trying to get a pirated game to work.

I don't do a whole lot of gaming and my time is more precious to me than a few euros.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.