Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Kunos Simulazioni just revealed a press release containing information that a release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues the company had to change their strategy but the job will be completed soon.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I could not go wrong ... I was tired of pictures, I wanted to see the online, AI, game modes, damage ...
This was not in AC, and have not been able to speak until the last day. Very disappointed, I'll buy it, but they have played with us.

@ thoose wo tell there is no multiplayer

Marco Massarutto xxx xxx You should read again the statement: Multiplayer will be part of the beta, at the right moment: Assetto Corsa early access will be updated EVERY-TWO-WEEKS, with new contents and features (including the multiplayer). Each update will include features and contents that are candidate to be released and intended as completed (with the exception of unknown bugs, of course).

Without AI nor Multiplayer not much one can do, and of that I had enough in RaceRoom, the better the physics are, doing only laps after laps for me at least is really boring. When rf2 went out it had both, so I doubt even this is "beta". Won't buy it for now.

@ thoose wo tell there is no multiplayer

Marco Massarutto xxx xxx You should read again the statement: Multiplayer will be part of the beta, at the right moment

So there will be no multiplayer when beta starts, it will be added later (who knows when). I think most of us understands it that way.
Radek wrote: "So there will be no multiplayer when beta starts, it will be added later (who knows when). I think most of us understands it that way."

This.

Can't say I'm happy with this announcement. It's easy to gloss over things stated by Kunos over the months and simply see this as positive news. But it really is not. Until today, Kunos has been strongly suggesting the full launch was coming, even suggesting the only thing currently delaying this launch was Italian red tape (the pre-order problems). But now, announced out of the blue is a beta missing far too much to be overlooked. And no multiplayer on beta launch is hugely worrying to me.

Don't get me wrong though, i get as giddy for AC as the next guy, i just hope they move things forward and keep the community informed now, because i have some worrying feelings about when we may see a league ready version of AC. And then i think about when we were all expecting a fullly ready version of AC because of the Kunos claims and confidence, and the potential disparity here has me a bit miffed

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back