Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Kunos have 3month exactly ... and they need mage huge improvment more than everest improvment ...
Assetto missing lot of basic features 1st one and huge truble in my opinion .... Static Time in MP ... playing endurance race for 2+hrs and time is still 15.00 ... and lord cat kunos say ... they nothing promiess it will be work WTF he sad ? im expecting this work as basic thing ..... and if AC dont will be have engine stall / starter , and brakes temps , Lunch Control button , ECU Maping engine (f1 style) .... and last and most important ... AC dont have TIRE APP ? it must be made by 3th party no official app ... well when 22april come and there nothing big improvment in gameplay and only more content adds ..im relly book flight ticket to italy and made terminator come to vallelunga guys ... KUNOS guys pls .dont take siesta and work harder ... reality will strike you very very hard ... eaven more critical than u expect ... im personaly play only AC but wtih this progres and style content adds im really thinkg about paying iracing + basic jetta tdi cup (cant wait for R18 TDI in AC) but ... till than im disgusted from Hotlaping 24/7
Remember a few things:

IT'S JUST A GAME
Kunos is still a small team. They have lives, families, and thank God AC doesn't take up their whole lives.
As a small team, every day is a triage: work on the most important issues. Believe me when I say that Stefano and the rest understand some of the issues you raise, BE PATIENT. I've been a part of the forum site almost since it's inception, and way before 0.1 update! There once was a time when there was no visible damage, no engine failure, no graining on the tyres, no rolling resistance algorithm, etc. ad infinitum...but over the years these features have arrived. Hell, I remember messaging Luca about no disc glow like another favorite game of mine...I waited TWO YEARS, but I was patient. And lo and behold, with 1.3, DISC GLOW! Patience is an admirable virtue. :)

I for one am patient till the end...maybe it's because I'm a hardcore modder and I understand what's involved and what's at stake...till more AC features, I am 100% happy hotlapping, because I trust Kunos and they've yet to disappoint me.

@Bernd Graf - i understand that they are only 30 plp team ... but ... when i promises in 1.0 RC will be
puncher , flatspoting , blistering , (blister come in 1.4 ithink , with SIX yea 6 tire model ) but come back take car hit to wall and floor it for 10min nothing happen ... mate key futures nothing more i want ... brakes glows are nice and cool but widout temps :(

Why don't you think there's a point? I'm not having a go at you, I'm sincerely curious.

Well, personally I think the best feature of AC is that you can add your own cars to the game, so the possibilities are endless. On the console version there's no way to do that, you're stuck with the cars the devs want you to drive, and that's it.
If you remove the best feature of the game, then what's left.... another Forza?

Again, this is just my personal opinion, as AC has become my 3D cars playground :)

@Bernd Graf - i understand that they are only 30 plp team ... but ... when i promises in 1.0 RC will be
puncher , flatspoting , blistering , (blister come in 1.4 ithink , with SIX yea 6 tire model ) but come back take car hit to wall and floor it for 10min nothing happen ... mate key futures nothing more i want ... brakes glows are nice and cool but widout temps :(
Again, if you focus on what's missing you're right...until you consider this:

Can you feel blistering in your wheel? Can you feel any advanced tyre behavior? Can any of us detect the kinds of physical things in a car that pro drivers can?

My point? You are worrying about things that, though they technically exist in the physical world, cannot really be felt by you and me. Besides, graining has been in the tyre model since tyre model 4, flatspotting before that...point is, it's there now, why cry bitter tears over things that are in the game as we speak? Who cares if they weren't with 1.0...again, losing perspective on life m8. :D

I think console players have a new option with AC. For the first time ever they have the possibility to experience the incredible driving feeling like the hardcore simracers on PC. And for the first time they will possibly not get all the bells and whistles that other huge titles like Gran Turismo and Forza offer. Everyone can decide. If they want bells and whistles they stick to all the other console racing games. If they want a perfect and real driving feeling they will give AC a chance (and they won't regret it). Simple as that!

Congrats to Kunos for going the console direction and I wish them all the best. However, I doubt that it will sell many copies since the average console player is probably used to 1000+ cars and tracks and they’ll wonder why there are only 90 in the game. I had this discussion on a german gamersite and that was exactly the opinion many expressed. They seem to like quantity over quality or they just don’t know better. Hopefully some of them appreciate the physics and the driving feeling.

I think console players have a new option with AC. For the first time ever they have the possibility to experience the incredible driving feeling like the hardcore simracers on PC. And for the first time they will possibly not get all the bells and whistles that other huge titles like Gran Turismo and Forza offer.
Not quite. There was this little game, wildly unsuccessful on the Xbox 360, call Race Pro. It was a Simbin port using the ISI engine. And there have been plenty of solid driving games on consoles that lacked the bells and whistles of GT and Forza. But no doubt it should be a great addition to consoles, though I've yet to dip my toes in this generation having moved to PC.

I doubt that it will sell many copies since the average console player is probably used to 1000+ cars and tracks and they’ll wonder why there are only 90 in the game.
Lets assume you are right and that is indeed what the average console racer wants. That still leaves a potential large group that isnn't average and might enjoy a bit more realism for their console racing.

Same applies to the PC. The majority of PC racers doesn't play full on sims, but the small group that does really enjoys their hobby.

Imo sim racing is all about creating awareness, most people are very impressed when they first sit down behind a steeringwheel/pedals and say: "Wow, I never knew this kind of racing existed".

Us sim racers are a tiny tiny tiny little niche in the world of pc/console gaming and any game that tries to bring realism to the console world is worth a round of applause. :thumbsup:

Well said, Bram. Probably I’m a bit negative on this theme. It’s good that Kunos tries it on consoles, they will have thought about all the pros and cons to justify the development. If I were the developer I wouldn’t dare to release a full on sim for consoles, that’s all I wanted to say by that.

Lets assume you are right and that is indeed what the average console racer wants. That still leaves a potential large group that ain't average and might enjoy a bit more realism for their console racing.

Same applies to the PC. The majority of PC racers doesn't play full on sims, but the small group that does really enjoys their hobby.

Imo sim racing is all about creating awareness, most people are very impressed when they first sit down behind a steeringwheel/pedals and say: "Wow, I never knew this kind of racing existed".

Us sim racers are a tiny tiny tiny little niche in the world of pc/console gaming and any game that tries to bring realism to the console world is worth a round of applause. :thumbsup:
Uh...he's right :D

I have told all kinds of people, every person I run into about Assetto Corsa. In fact, I've conned family members into doing the same thing (fanboy...?:giggle:) and literally almost everyone I talk to has one of two answers:

1. I don't play racing games. They bother me (OK, made that part up :D)
2. Assetto Corsa? Is that Italian? Is it like Gran Turismo? No Honda NSX? Physics? Oh...doesn't sound like my jam.

Yup. I too wish Kunos the best...quite frankly, they are more than brave for stepping out with a true sim grade product among a world of arcade loving people. Weird thing is, you'd think Kunos would be the instant #1 with people driving real cars every day... the game world represents a strange disconnect between people's understanding of real driving and what they want simulated. So many people don't even care that the game doesn't behave the way their real car does, I can't make sense of it but there it is. Turn10 and almost every other studio capitalizes on this willing dichotomy. :coffee::D

i hate to say it but assetto corsa will tank on consoles,its just not controller friendly.
no custom championships,no rain,no night,no leaderboards.no real multi player.
yep i see only bad things for it.

Last edited:
Best of luck to them....

At least their forums are now cleared of a lot of the issues the community has with the game, so the curious will get a good accurate picture of how things actually are with AC. :)

There is no need for AC to compete directly with Forza or Gran Turismo. If they can sell just 10% the number of copies that GT and Forza do they will comfortably exceed their PC sales. Shift sold 5 million copies at least 90% on console and didn't have hundreds of cars and tracks, and the AI was terrible too. Codies racing games don't have hundreds of cars and tracks either.

There is no need for AC to compete directly with Forza or Gran Turismo. If they can sell just 10% the number of copies that GT and Forza do they will comfortably exceed their PC sales. Shift sold 5 million copies at least 90% on console and didn't have hundreds of cars and tracks, and the AI was terrible too. Codies racing games don't have hundreds of cars and tracks either.
I agree with this. AC doesn't need to shift anywhere near the same number of copies as Gran Turismo or Forza in order to be a commercial success. A small team like Kunos can draw a tidy profit from even a fraction of the sales of those two giant franchises.

That said, I think AC will only be a moderate success on consoles. In its current form, AC isn't a strong enough all-round package to be a long-term success on the console market. I think it will generate many sales out of curiosity but in the end people will stick with what they know....GT and Forza.

Than so be it. I don't care.
The fact is that they finaly finish the console version they will have a lot of resource to do other things.
And I don't see any shaddy in their developement. The interview with marco was very honest. Especially when they asked about the performance. They stated that ps4 will do 60fps. Xbox 360 with lower resolution more or less the same performance. :D
This is very honest answer In my opinion.
They openly talk about everything. They said somewhere that the campionship for example will not be in the 1.0 console version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back