Assetto Corsa Competizione | Version 1.3.11 Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has received the hotfix treatment today - with build 1.3.11 having dropped on Steam earlier this evening.

New build time! Ok, so it isn't the v1.4 we are all waiting for, but Kunos have nevertheless done a good job with this latest hotfix update posting for Assetto Corsa Competizione - adding a number of useful and important fixes and improvements to the official SRO GT World Challenge Series racing simulation.

Highlights of the latest build include some fine tuning to the behaviour of both wet tyres and tyre tearing model, amongst an array of different tweaks and improvements that can be seen below:

V1.3.11 Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Fixed a potential crash when using trackIR with helmet camera.
  • Added ignition/engine running indicator to speedo/rpm widget.
  • MFD will now only store its state when HUD is removed from screen (potential fix for stutter when cycling MFD pages after HDD power down)
  • Fixed currently viewed car label indicating wrong car brand in replay under specific conditions.
  • Fixed nationality information not transferring correctly for MP opponents in the broadcast HUD.
  • Broadcast HUD TAB leaderboard now scrolls on mouse input.
  • Fixed MP car showroom not displaying cars when official filter was selected under specific conditions.
  • Tyre tearing model fine tuning.
  • Audi R8 EVO preset setups strategies fixes.
  • Huracan EVO fine tuning.
  • Huracan ST Paul Ricard aggressive setup.
  • Huracan ST preheated tyres fix.
  • Wet tyres rear radius correction.
  • Minor rearrangement of the lights and ignition indicators.
  • Fixed the flash light HUD indicator getting stuck in the Mercedes.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly think this is one of the most poorly optimised games I own of any genre, not just sim racing.
I run triples or VR and it’s just a no-go for me with my system, so I’ve just given up.
It also seems to be one of those games where reducing settings makes for a horrible and ugly experience without a massive FPS gain. Luckily I mainly play Iracing, and AMS2 runs like a dream in VR so no need for an upgrade just yet.
I also find modern GT3 boring in sims so I’m not too bothered but if this game had been AC2 I would be gutted or reaching for the credit card for a new pc, lol.
Honestly, in my experience and on my hardware, ACC is one of the better optimized UE4 titles. For example, Insurgency Sandstorm is a pure stutter-fest, while ACC is quite smooth as long as I don't run too many AI cars.

Based on your description you could be CPU limited in ACC, rather than GPU bottlenecked - in those cases lowering settings does not help much. iRacing and AMS2 don't stress the CPU that much.

So you find modern GT3 boring yet you bought a GT3 sim based on 2018/19 season ????

Of course, I’ve bought pretty much everything kunos have made way back to Ferrari Virtual Academy and NKpro, just because gt3 isn’t my favourite class of racing doesn’t mean I’m not going to buy it.
So few sims are released each year I buy pretty much all of them to see what they’re like.
Maybe you don’t earn enough money to do that so that’s fair enough, spend what little you do have on the sims that interest you.

Last edited:
:confused:
Of course, I’ve bought pretty much everything kunos have made way back to Ferrari Virtual Academy and NKpro, just because gt3 isn’t my favourite class of racing doesn’t mean I’m not going to buy it.
So few sims are released each year I buy pretty much all of them to see what they’re like.
Maybe you don’t earn enough money to do that so that’s fair enough, spend what little you do have on the sims that interest you.
I earn enough to buy all of them if i wanted, but i wouldn`t buy a sim if i thought the content was "boring".

:confused:
I earn enough to buy all of them if i wanted, but i wouldn`t buy a sim if i thought the content was "boring".

[mod edit: abuse removed. Keep it civil or go elsewhere.]
I was only saying that I’m not too disappointed about the performance issues because I’m not that bothered about GT3 so it’s not like I’d want to play it loads anyway.
I’ll message you next time I’m thinking about buying a game and you can set me straight before I take the plunge!

Last edited by a moderator:
ran a race on brands after this update.......got some massive stutters then a blue screen :O_o:

Just a note to say that ran races on other circuits after this and it didnt have the same issue. I dont understand how this game is so CPU heavy still when a lot of other UE4 games i own dont have the same issue. Will be interesting to see how they get it to run on xbox one and ps4 when its launched.
Blue screen can indicate that one off your RAM's is defect (if you have 2 or more) i had same issues every so time the blue screen came up , it was on irregual pace it made me depressed:) Then someone told me what could be causing the problem and so i started trying , took 1Ram disk out but it was still the same , then swapped 1back in and otherone out and then blue screen never returned again.
Also games often run better on 1x8 then 2x 8GB Ram .There was once an item about that on RD. I am never using 2x Ram anymore and cant even remember anymore how a blue screen looks ;):roflmao:

there is also a windows program to check faillures unfortunatly i dont have and dont remember anymore what it was called.
goodluck

Last edited:
Blue screen can indicate that one off your RAM's is defect (if you have 2 or more) i had same issues every so time the blue screen came up , it was on irregual pace it made me depressed:) Then someone told me what could be causing the problem and so i started trying , took 1Ram disk out but it was still the same , then swapped 1back in and otherone out and then blue screen never returned again.
Also games often run better on 1x8 then 2x 8GB Ram .There was once an item about that on RD. I am never using 2x Ram anymore and cant even remember anymore how a blue screen looks ;):roflmao:

there is also a windows program to check faillures unfortunatly i dont have and dont remember anymore what it was called.
goodluck

Memtest86 is what you’re thinking of. And I highly recommend the program. I ran it 2 months ago after determining that i was having consistent stutters and program crashes. Turns out my system couldn't run the XMP profile specs so i had to manually tune it myself to get it stable. I’m now 2 months stutter free!

[mod edit: abuse removed. Keep it civil or go elsewhere.]
I was only saying that I’m not too disappointed about the performance issues because I’m not that bothered about GT3 so it’s not like I’d want to play it loads anyway.
I’ll message you next time I’m thinking about buying a game and you can set me straight before I take the plunge!
No worries !

I can't tell you what the threads are for, but I can certainly tell you that ACC's performance is limited by one or two maxed or almost maxed out threads. I would assume one of them is the main game thread, the other one probably either rendering or physics.

So the game is still very heavily dependent on single-threaded performance like the original AC did (and like most of the other sims - and games in general) do, despite supposedly being a lot better multithreaded than the first one.

There are more threads running that require some CPU power worth mentioning, but they are not close to being limited by the CPU, unlike those two threads. Which is why you don't really need a lot of cores/threads for good ACC performance, you need raw single-threaded power.

(And I can also tell you that by forcing the game to run in an unofficial unsupported way, you can get performance improvements of 20-25% without any real visible loss of fidelity. According to the devs, said performance improvements are due to the game not using all shaders and graphics effects when ran like that, but sadly, they didn't elaborate, and again, visibly there's barely any difference.)

With modern computers all having anywhere from 4,6,8,12 cores, I wish ACC would separate their threads more evenly across cores to get more performance. Optimizing shaders is really difficult, but would provide quite a boost in FPS. KartKraft using UE as well and it seems to perform better in heavy load situations in VR. Regardless, the games looks fantastic, drives well at the limit (better than iRacing), so... wishing Kunos the knowledge to further optimize this new sim jewel...along with the bandwidth to add open wheelers :)

Until they fix the horrible graphic issues in VR then this game is absolutely rubbish and useless to me. I can play all sims with high settings and look great in VR with 90FPS except ACC

AC looks absolutely stunning with great FPS, no idea why one one go a different route :cautious:

Until they fix the horrible graphic issues in VR then this game is absolutely rubbish and useless to me. I can play all sims with high settings and look great in VR with 90FPS except ACC

AC looks absolutely stunning with great FPS, no idea why one one go a different route :cautious:
Funny you should say that, Call Of Duty from 5 years ago runs a lot better for me than the most recent one.

You are comparing a 5 year old game to a 1 year old game.
Maybe advances in graphics, physics and quality is more demanding on your system.

Funny you should say that, Call Of Duty from 5 years ago runs a lot better for me than the most recent one.

You are comparing a 5 year old game to a 1 year old game.
Maybe advances in graphics, physics and quality is more demanding on your system.

It's actually very funny as my PC specs should be good enough. I tried for many hours but no luck.

CPU: Intel S1151 Core i9 9900KF 3.6GHz 8 Core CPU BX80684I99900KF Special
Motherboard: ASUS S1151 ATX PRIME Z390-A DDR4 Motherboard
Memory: 32GB Corsair (2x16) DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance LPX Ram Kit CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
SSD: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe M.2 SSD Drive PN ASX8200PNP-1TT-C
Video Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 8GB SUPER WINDFORCE OC 3X PCIe Video Card GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD

I also see you dont use VR?

It's actually very funny as my PC specs should be good enough. I tried for many hours but no luck.

CPU: Intel S1151 Core i9 9900KF 3.6GHz 8 Core CPU BX80684I99900KF Special
Motherboard: ASUS S1151 ATX PRIME Z390-A DDR4 Motherboard
Memory: 32GB Corsair (2x16) DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance LPX Ram Kit CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
SSD: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe M.2 SSD Drive PN ASX8200PNP-1TT-C
Video Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 8GB SUPER WINDFORCE OC 3X PCIe Video Card GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD

I also see you dont use VR?

Actually I ONLY sim race in VR, but still using the Rift CV1.
Your specs are better than mine so theoretically it should run at least as good if not better (depending on your HMD).
It could possibly be your settings then as mine runs great in VR. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it’s still very playable.

Actually I ONLY sim race in VR, but still using the Rift CV1.
Your specs are better than mine so theoretically it should run at least as good if not better (depending on your HMD).
It could possibly be your settings then as mine runs great in VR. Could it be better? Of course it could, but it’s still very playable.

Interesting. I have the Samsung Odyssey+ and run all sims (Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, rFactor2, ProjectCars1/2, Automobilista2) at SS 220% and mostly high graphics settings, MSAA 4x or 8x, anisotropic filtering 8x or 16x and I'm very happy with all of them on how how they look and perform, FPS always 90 bar a few mods which maybe have high texttures or lods.

With ACC I had to lower SS quite a bit and then tested for many hours (I did not give up easily) starting from Low settings up to high with lots of custom testing with each setting. The only stable FPS 90 was on low settings and low SS which looks absolutely crap.

Maybe you are happy with low settings or maybe you are used to it, I dont know. Or maybe you managed to find the magic settings. In any case, Im happy for you :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%