Assetto Corsa Competizione | Talk & Drive Gameplay Videos

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Released 01.jpg

Check out the different weather and time of day conditions in Assetto Corsa Competizione – Talk 'n' Drive + new videos.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni, representing a first foray into the world of a fully licenced dedicated racing simulation from the rapidly expanding and increasingly impressive SRO managed GT3 spec endurance racing series.

Also Read: Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Review

With the new game released on Steam Early Access this September 12th, Kunos have taken the opportunity to add a wealth of weather effects and time of day 24 hour cycles previously impossible with the original Assetto Corsa, adding a very welcome new set of elements many believe to be essential requirements of a modern racing simulation.

Today we check out the simulation as we go through a full day – night – day cycle, and see what some of the newly added inclement weather options look like in the sim by way of a good old RD Talk 'n' Drive.

Talk & Drive With Paul Jeffrey
In to the Morning
Racing at 9am in dry conditions, 10 minutes, 96% AI difficulty.

ACC continues to impress in the many lighting conditions, this time we see the sun coming up and watch the early morning break across the track... lovely.

Night Rain
Racing at 11pm in “light rain” conditions. 10 minutes, 100% AI difficulty.

As I say in the video, and even despite the low FPS caused by the conditions and stress on my PC, that combination was easily the best experience in sim racing I have ever had. Simply outstanding.

As you can see in the above videos, ACC certainly offers a very impressive visual experience, matched by a wonder level of immersion and feedback behind the wheel.

Very impressive indeed.

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of ACC now it is finally out? Do you like the new sim? What's your favourite time / weather combo? Let us know in the comments section below!

Just try it and it defines a new standard for sure.

Really really great, sounds and ffb.
Thanks Kunos and Stephane Ratel.

Hopefully for me it works like a charm with my Simplicity SW10C+.

Last edited:
how come your lights work at night? mine don't and from the looks of it on steam and other places, neither do many others.

EDIT: this has since been remedied with a workaround turning off opponent visibility

Last edited:
In cockpit view - the right arm always tries to grab after the steering wheel continiously..
the left arm not.Wheel rotation on Thrustmaster T300? 900 degree is much too much.

DC
...can't get the head lights to work too.

FFB feels light at 90%, but that's probably cause I could only find minimal force and basic gain levels to adjust, headlights don't work, but besides that it's pretty impressive.

It's a bit rough, certainly in stormy weather it can feel nip and tuck, but how the FFB just dissapears from you when you're aquaplaning. That's brilliant.

really dont understand the massive fps drop you can have from new games such as forza, f1 which i can easily run at near 200fps to this thats running at 60fps with 10 cars on track and the graphics arent that much better, if anything in places they're on par with current games.

Hoping its just because its an early build and unoptimised

really dont understand the massive fps drop you can have from new games such as forza, f1 which i can easily run at near 200fps to this thats running at 60fps with 10 cars on track and the graphics arent that much better, if anything in places they're on par with current games.

Hoping its just because its an early build and unoptimised

that , and theres also probably a lot more going on under the hood in this compared to those two, which I guess eats up more graphical and cpu processes

the early access will be a big factor though. AC ran like a turd initially as far a s I remember.

• Deleted member 6919

In cockpit view - the right arm always tries to grab after the steering wheel continiously..
the left arm not.Wheel rotation on Thrustmaster T300? 900 degree is much too much.

DC
...can't get the head lights to work too.

So glad someone else is having both of these problems, especially the drivers right hand constantly moving, and don't really understand why these 2 bugs seem to be random to some user's..

Anyone know in Steam/userdata/number/??? what folder links to ACC?

I cant believe how many people don't fully understand that what we have right now is not the full finished build of the game. It clearly states this in the beginning of the game that its not all there and not the finished product.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.