Assetto Corsa Competizione EA Release Date to Reveal at Spa 24 Hours

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

AC Competizione will once again be playable at the Total Spa 24H later this month - with an Early Access release date reveal to come too!

I suppose it is fair to say ACC doesn't really need much introduction to our readers here at RaceDepartment, so I'll spare you the few lines of text waxing lyrical about the Blancpain licence, night and day and weather representation, quality mix of cars, physics, features and all that stuff and get straight to the point..

Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media earlier today to confirm that the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation will be available for members of the public to play at Spa, the new Blancpain GT Series game having a dedicated space within the paddock at the famous circuit as Kunos look to again show the work in progress title to members of the racing public.

Although you will need a paddock pass to get into the area where Kunos will be showing ACC, confirmation that a playable version of the title is another positive boost for gamers excited to get their hands on some action before the new sim releases to Steam Early Access later this year.. oh and about that, Kunos have also confirmed Spa will be the location where the Italian developers confirm the release date to Early Access for the sim.. so double excitement, even for those who can't make it over to Belgium for the race itself..

On another ACC related topic, Marco Massarutto also took the time to respond to community members concerned that Assetto Corsa Competizione is set to be optimised for Nvidia software, rightly rubbishing the assumption that ACC will work better on Nvidia hardware than other major GPU manufacturers, whist also going on to confirm that the cars not yet seen in ACC gameplay videos that participate in Blancpain are under development, and will be revealed in due course:

"Some few notes for RD users:

I had an interview with NVIDIA because NVIDIA asked for it, not because we are providing any special optimization for NVIDIA (also because we are not EPIC Games, but Kunos Simulazioni, and the game engine is made by Epic, so any particular optimization must come from them, not from us). So I can just say "thank you" to NVIDIA for the kind visibility and support they are giving us. If AMD will contact us for any interview, to support us with specific features, to provide us their hardware for testing and evaluation, I will be glad to answer to their questions, too. BTW, please learn once for all (hopefully...) that there is NO reason WHY a game developer should not support at its best ANY possible hardware, if this means to make one more user happier, and to sell one more copy of its product. So, the option "let me put these two code lines to make the game better on NVIDIA and worse on AMD cards.." doesn't exist in the real world. Of course, if you want badly to blame someone when NVIDIA or AMD provides specific drivers (at their side) that makes a particular game better, probably you should blame the other one because it didn't, not the game developer that, please remember - always wants to sell as many copies as possible of its game, to any possible hardware owner, including Commodore 64 owners, wherever is possible.
1f609.png
;)

About the cars: you didn't see yet the BMW, the Bentley, the Jaguar and so on because are still under development, or because we are waiting for the approvals from the respective Brands and SRO. As soon as possible we'll provide you some WIP screens to make you happy.
1f642.png
:)

EDIT: About options once you are ingame: many of the options (video, sounds, etc) will be accessible so that you don't need to come back to main menu and load the session again (BTW, loading times seem to be very fast)."

For those who are interested, the article to which Marco refers can be read HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Going to Spa? Looking forward to ACC? When do you think Early Access will be made available? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Jriv012

Riverside
Premium
And what does "overrated" even mean in this context? don't we all get nights (at the end of every day)? don't we all get rain? while working, sleeping, driving, racing?? I thought we did...

Interesting in this conversation the NVIDIA vs competitors situation, they just decided to come closer to Kunos, even if for marketing reasons but surely others haven't; they get points with me for supporting a smaller developer versus rushing to lobby only Microsoft and Sony to be favored in their products...

I'm very interested to see how they package rest of the gameplay in, we all know they can do cars, tracksn and physic, but it would be cool to see what other gameplay elements will be there

Probably nothing like f1 from cosies, simply because Kunos haven't enough time to go full on, but hopefully at least some of the things like Marshalls, LED boards, animated people around track ... will be included this time around

I really cannot understand why people keep doing this. Not just the announcement of an announcement but the thing I really don't get is why they release it at that point.

Codemasters does the same thing with F1 2018, the season has been going for a while and they choose to release it at a point late in the summer. A large part of the audience is probably going to be people who either take time off or have time off in the summer due to the summer holidays from schools. So surely you would get people who want to play something during their holidays and would buy the game but now may skip it because they don't have the time at that time?!

Why not slightly change the development cycle and release these games in the middle of July and thus give people more time to play the games and, in the case of F1, give people something to stay involved with the sport during the summer break?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000