Assetto Corsa Competizione | Build 1.2 Now Live - And It's Massive!

Hi, after the latest updates (ACC - Nvidia Drivers - Oculus Software for CV1) i am experiencing distorsion through the windscreen and even more through the side windows...
really strange... never happened before: anyone else?

Hi, after the latest updates (ACC - Nvidia Drivers - Oculus Software for CV1) i am experiencing distorsion through the windscreen and even more through the side windows...

Does it look sort of watery through the windscreen? Might be worth checking the FPS you are getting in-game, using 45FPS ASW I had to turn most settings to medium for a race with 29 AI cars to get good all-round performance. With most settings at high or above the image was good in hotlapping, but in a race I had a distortion that sounds similar to what you describe.

I had terrible frames after the update to 1.2 in VR. The issue is not the sim, but the Oculus driver or firmware which updated the same day by coincidence. Changing options in ACC thus did not do anything for me. But launching the Sim not with Oculus mode, but in Steam VR mode - cured it immediately. For the time being, avoid Oculus VR mode, use Steam Open VR mode instead.

I had the same issue myself with the CV1.
Tried putting all settings down to low and still it was unplayable (so much I lost 2 SA in my first half lap before I rage quit).
Not had chance to try anything else yet.
I did try AC and Pcars2 and they worked great still.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Ottawa
Does it look sort of watery through the windscreen? Might be worth checking the FPS you are getting in-game, using 45FPS ASW I had to turn most settings to medium for a race with 29 AI cars to get good all-round performance. With most settings at high or above the image was good in hotlapping, but in a race I had a distortion that sounds similar to what you describe.
I had terrible frames after the update to 1.2 in VR. The issue is not the sim, but the Oculus driver or firmware which updated the same day by coincidence. Changing options in ACC thus did not do anything for me. But launching the Sim not with Oculus mode, but in Steam VR mode - cured it immediately. For the time being, avoid Oculus VR mode, use Steam Open VR mode instead.
I had the same issue myself with the CV1.
Tried putting all settings down to low and still it was unplayable (so much I lost 2 SA in my first half lap before I rage quit).
Not had chance to try anything else yet.
I did try AC and Pcars2 and they worked great still.

Solution

Wow! It seems Ryzen kicks Intel butt, and I've read that they're awesome for VR. Anybody has Ryzen 5 3600 or above and uses VR?
I run the R5 3600x with a GTX1080Ti Duke Edition under WMR.
It is smooth as silk...no stutters or delays anywhere while under the HUD and it is clear as glass.
I can read every digit on the virtual display and see way down the track.
I spent the time fully optimizing everything in my system.
No item was left untouched....(from gathering the right cables, to matching faster drives to fastest controllers, to modding fans for optimal flow, etc).
I went into the BIOS and tweaked there as well...(ratio apply by CCX, select correct RAM speed and tightened timings, etc).
Every little bit contributed to the fast....and more importantly stable gameplay.

This update made the game unplayable for me cant get above 30ish fps In VR. Was racing almost daily had my setting dialed where I was locked at 45fps no drops in the Rift with ASW. Now no matter how low the settings I cant reach 45fps. Tried reinstall and that didn't help. 6600k@4.2 1060 6GB

Oculus has acknowledged there is an issue with ACC, specific to them and not the game. So have a look around at how to roll back and then deny the driver update. This has worked for some people in my league that run ACC and use Oculus.