Assetto Corsa AF settings

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

If you have NVidia GPU, do yourself a favor, disable AF in AC settings and force it in NVCPL.
AC never looked so clean in VR, jaw dropping difference, really.
Thank user maxstep from CSP discord.
While not widely advertised but this is an old known issue, not AC specific, you can read about it here.
Guess other titles will benefit from this as well.
No idea about AMD, sorry.

Also, Ilja added amazing AMD FidelityFX CAS (Contrast Adaptive Sharpening) in the latest patch, it's vendor agnostic, works with both AMD and NVidia.

Check this doc on how to activate.

• Deleted member 197115

Aniso is the same, VR or not. So is AA.
The only difference is experimental Extra FX, they don't work in VR and can be quite taxing on flat screen thus disabled by default.
Play with those if you like.
There is no such thing as best settings, it all depends on individual taste and system capability.

I tried these also for my Rift S. I don't see a huge difference in sharpness, I guess my settings for that were pretty good already. However, I have way less nervous flickering in the image so definitely prefer these new settings.

Just had a go around Norisring with only 6 AI (RSS GTN), 200% SS in SteamVR and almost your recommended ultra settings and was 'green' or 'light blue' (CPU) for most part and a bit of flicking to dark blue (GPU).

Looking forward to getting my new CPU and hopefully having some decent sized grids to race.

I have to say, this is a huge improvement in IQ, so thank you for your hard work towards these settings Andrew :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Forum trophies