Assetto Corsa AF settings

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

If you have NVidia GPU, do yourself a favor, disable AF in AC settings and force it in NVCPL.
AC never looked so clean in VR, jaw dropping difference, really.
Thank user maxstep from CSP discord.
While not widely advertised but this is an old known issue, not AC specific, you can read about it here.
Guess other titles will benefit from this as well.
No idea about AMD, sorry.

Also, Ilja added amazing AMD FidelityFX CAS (Contrast Adaptive Sharpening) in the latest patch, it's vendor agnostic, works with both AMD and NVidia.

Check this doc on how to activate.

Did try it lemans the vintage track driving the Porsche F1 1500, did see lots of shimmer on the electrical powerleads that are crossing the track.
Back to ingame adjustments the leads are now to be see as a line, so here this nVidia CP-settings is not working.
BTW, I did not use that AMD FX software.

note: where can I find Maxstep on CSP, so I could check the original source.

• Deleted member 197115

@Andrew_WOT, Thanks will try this, one question about your manual page4 the remark “FXAA must be enabled” I notice at page7 this is disabled, are we talking about something differently as I can not see that sharp on my mobile phone.
FXAA must be enabled for post process AA.
Some of the presets, high and low, I believe, do not have it active for performance reason.
And we are talking in game FXAA, not driver.
@Vintagedriver01
I am on Pascal, btw, may be older cards do not see that much of the benefit from in driver AF.
Make sure you do not confuse anisotropic filtering for something else.

What about AA? What is the best method to get AA looking the best in AC? I have an nV1070Ti fyi.
Setting ingame msaa to your liking, opening nvidia profile inspector, put aa mode to "enhance application" and then setting transparency aa to sparse grid.
Same sample number like the msaa setting in ac.

I personally find 2x msaa+sgssaa better than 8x normal msaa. It has the same performance impact.
It blurs the image though so I counter this with luma sharpening from reshade.

It's the only AA that nicely clears the shadow edges while moving :)

• Deleted member 197115

What about AA? What is the best method to get AA looking the best in AC? I have an nV1070Ti fyi.
Few options:
-If your GPU has enough juice, 8xMSAA in AC will give you the best quality.
-Running 4xMSAA in AC and enabling MFAA in driver will give you 8xMFAA with not much performance overhead.
- CSP users can add post processing AA on the top of MSAA, CMAA 2.0 works very well with very low performance footprint, there are also few sharpening options covered in the doc linked in OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Steamvr changed the effective resolution against what percentage you set the slider to? Been running 200% but resulting resolution resolution is a lot higher I think than before. If I remember correctly, 150% seems to be equivalent now. I have just changed from a 1080 to 2080ti if that has anything to do with it?

• Deleted member 197115

Ir"s 1.47x now on Odyssey. Yes, that was one of the resent WMR for SteamVR change.
Why do you ask here?

I was playing with your recommended settings and noticing going below 45fps where this hasn't been a problem before. Was expecting to crank stuff up a lot more but now seemingly CPU bottlenecked whilst waiting for a 3900x!

• Deleted member 197115

I don't, I use 200% but this is what I can push my system to. As they have removed clamp, now you can push SS as high as your system allows, before past 210% there was severe loss of sharpness due to internal buffer limit that was triggering downsampling step. Now with buffer auto adjustable based on SS, the sky is the limit. :)

• Deleted member 197115

SS and image resolution in general only load GPU, CPU work is constant.
Of course if you CPU is already taking good portion of rendering cycle, there is not enough frametime headroom left for GPU to push it further.

Just had a go around Norisring with only 6 AI (RSS GTN), 200% SS in SteamVR and almost your recommended ultra settings and was 'green' or 'light blue' (CPU) for most part and a bit of flicking to dark blue (GPU).

Looking forward to getting my new CPU and hopefully having some decent sized grids to race.

I have to say, this is a huge improvement in IQ, so thank you for your hard work towards these settings Andrew :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years