Assetto Corsa 64bit and other Games Error (0xc00007b) Fix

Does your Assetto Corsa seem to load okay and then throw you back to the main screen after the latest update or do you get the dreaded (0xc000007b) error, will it only work when you check "Force 32bit"?

This is for those like me that have problems when trying to load Assetto Corsa or other 64bit games in Windows.

You have probably tried all the .net Framework or Visual C++ etc updates which is supposed to fix it and if they don't maybe this will. It did for me.

This error is "often" due to the incorrect version of xinput1_3.dll in your Windows\System32 folder or Windows\SystemWOW which is a part of DirectX runtime components. It handles translation of XInput calls to DirectInput calls for game-controllers such as gamepads, joysticks and wheels.

To check for this issue, try and start the game using the acs.exe file in your Assetto Corsa game folder, if it throws up the (0xc000007b) error try my solution.

If you have the wrong version, Windows throws up the general (0xc000007b) error and won't let you continue. There is a 64bit and a 32bit version and you can't tell them apart, the 64bit goes in the Windows\System32 folder and the 32bit version goes in the Windows\SystemWOW folder.

Sounds back to front but that's the way it works. You can download both versions of xinput1_3.dll from www.dll-files.com.

Always back up your files "before" changing anything in the Windows folder!

Last edited:
I fixed it by running assetto corsa through steam waited for it to get to 100% car meta data 9probs didnt even have to wait that long... also ignore any errors that pop up... My AC is very heavily modded)... Killed it with task manager... Then loaded up content manager and it worked!!!

I had this issue when i had to reinstall my windows.....

Guys, asseto corsa allways need to be open via steam one time.

I mean, i format my pc, install all stuff, included CM for Assetto, but when i try to open the game, this error appears to me to.. i only open the game first time via steam, i close the game, i start CM, open the game via Content Maneger and its done!

Try it
Thank you so much, that fixed the issue for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.