Assetto Corsa 64bit and other Games Error (0xc00007b) Fix

Does your Assetto Corsa seem to load okay and then throw you back to the main screen after the latest update or do you get the dreaded (0xc000007b) error, will it only work when you check "Force 32bit"?

This is for those like me that have problems when trying to load Assetto Corsa or other 64bit games in Windows.

You have probably tried all the .net Framework or Visual C++ etc updates which is supposed to fix it and if they don't maybe this will. It did for me.

This error is "often" due to the incorrect version of xinput1_3.dll in your Windows\System32 folder or Windows\SystemWOW which is a part of DirectX runtime components. It handles translation of XInput calls to DirectInput calls for game-controllers such as gamepads, joysticks and wheels.

To check for this issue, try and start the game using the acs.exe file in your Assetto Corsa game folder, if it throws up the (0xc000007b) error try my solution.

If you have the wrong version, Windows throws up the general (0xc000007b) error and won't let you continue. There is a 64bit and a 32bit version and you can't tell them apart, the 64bit goes in the Windows\System32 folder and the 32bit version goes in the Windows\SystemWOW folder.

Sounds back to front but that's the way it works. You can download both versions of xinput1_3.dll from www.dll-files.com.

Always back up your files "before" changing anything in the Windows folder!

Last edited:
Problem with netframework and visual c++
Open video,download link in description
wash instruction
Work on my win 7 64 bit

That fixes it in some cases but this is for those that don't, hence my notation:

"You have probably tried all the .net Framework or Visual C++ etc updates which is supposed to fix it and if they don't maybe this will. It did for me."

I have 0xc000007b error, but only in Showroom, this is a DirectX error.
You have to download and put all these files in C/Windows/System32 and SysWOW64 folders. Link for the files are in this video (Portuguese). Only method works for me.

Last edited:
I've tried everything everyone here suggested as well as clean installing the game and trying all the fixes 100% vanilla, deleting the folder in documents, getting the net framework and c++ fixes, running as admin, making sure my resolution is correct both in configs and game settings, replacing the xinput files in system32, and when I had content manager prior to all this testing I did in vanilla, I did link it to steam and the right folder path.

I get the error on content manager and it just throws me into the menu again when I launch via the steam launcher.

Tried these fixes and the asc.exe still gives me the error when I run it as an admin.
Nothing. Works.
I see plenty of youtubers still playing the game with many graphics mods but I can't even get it to run on vanilla, despite having rtx 3080 and intel core i7 12 cores and plenty of ssd storage.

Is this where I give up?

I've tried everything everyone here suggested as well as clean installing the game and trying all the fixes 100% vanilla, deleting the folder in documents, getting the net framework and c++ fixes, running as admin, making sure my resolution is correct both in configs and game settings, replacing the xinput files in system32, and when I had content manager prior to all this testing I did in vanilla, I did link it to steam and the right folder path.

I get the error on content manager and it just throws me into the menu again when I launch via the steam launcher.

Tried these fixes and the asc.exe still gives me the error when I run it as an admin.
Nothing. Works.
I see plenty of youtubers still playing the game with many graphics mods but I can't even get it to run on vanilla, despite having rtx 3080 and intel core i7 12 cores and plenty of ssd storage.

Is this where I give up?
same for me, did you eventually manage to fix it? I've been trying everything for hours in the last few weeks and nothing seems to work. Even the content manager logs are not really helping

For me, i tried every single fix and it did not work (I have Win10 64-bit) and the 64 bit version of assetto was not working whatsoever.
And surprisingly, i fixed it with very easy steps:
1-Download this rar: https://top4top.io/process/9673c3564fafdb44916b16f96e6f9799527b9802
2-Open it and extract all .dll files to C:/Windows/System32 file (make sure to keep a backup of the files)
If this doesn't work for you, try deleting the DLLs and recovering old backup files, then do the same thing in the second step BUT extracting DLLs in the C:/Windows/SysWOW64 (keep backup of all DLLs)

If that didn't work as well, try extracting DLLs in both files SysWOW64 and System32.

I hope this method helped someone.

Last edited:
Guys, asseto corsa allways need to be open via steam one time.

I mean, i format my pc, install all stuff, included CM for Assetto, but when i try to open the game, this error appears to me to.. i only open the game first time via steam, i close the game, i start CM, open the game via Content Maneger and its done!

Try it

To conclude my countless hours of trying to solve this problem, I will leave this behind for others to see:

!!! What seems to work for most people is simply starting assetto corsa from steam first, so the correct redistributables will automatically be installed by steam. After that you can try to start it with content manager !!!

My Problem:
  • assetto corsa only running in "force 32-bit" (content manager)
  • when starting a session from default steam launcher, it throws you back to the menu or shows the 0xc000007b error
  • starting from content manager shows 0xc000007b error
I've tried the following without success (I tested everything without content manager, so steam can reinstall missing files):
  • starting as admin
  • uninstalling AC and removing everything from appData and Documents -> reinstalling via steam + file verify -> starting the game from STEAM afterwards
  • removing xinput.dll and letting steam reinstall it via file verify
  • updating various drivers (chipset, nvidia)
  • windows update
  • uninstalling all c++ redistributables -> letting steam reinstall them after starting AC
  • uninstalling all c++ redistributables -> installing them via "All-In-One"-Runtime
  • checking DirectX
  • updating .NET Framework (+ activating it in settings)
  • installing those .dll files mentioned in the post on top manually
  • CMD: chkdsk
  • CMD: sfc /scannow
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic -> checked it because I have new DDR5 RAM

Honestly I can't remember all the things I've tried, since I gave up eventually. There are A LOT of different ideas how to fix this problem, but nothing seemed to work for me somehow.

What fixed it for me was a simple and clean reinstallation of windows. Did a backup of all important files I needed like images, documents and even some AC mods. Then I formatted my SSD with windows on it in bios (to be extra safe ... probably not necessary) and reinstalled windows via USB stick. I only installed my chipset drivers, the newest nvidia graphics driver, those windows updates and steam together with AC. I immediately started AC from steam and it automatically installed the required c++ redistributables by itself together with some DirectX and Visual c++ stuff. Suddenly it was working again. I literally have no clue what caused it, but starting from 0 did it for me. Although I've checked my system files with tools, I can imagine something was still wrong in there.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years