Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

Same problem here unfortunately. No problem when driving alone in free practice, but as soon as I want to do a race weekend or quick race it crashes after loading the cars. Tried it with the lowres textures, but the problem remained.

Nevertheless great work on the mod :thumbsup:
its the lod issues we are working on a fix for it so will update it as soon as possible

You can change the handle of the car drastically with setup changes, trust me. If the front is too high visually, you'll need to reduce the front ride height via suspension. At the same time the front wing will work better, and the aero balance will be a bit more oversteery.

It's better to start the setup changes from this setup attached than with the default one, which is not very efficient. If you still find it too understeery, make the rear antiroll bar stiffer, and the rear springs, or add front wing/reduce rear wing. Cambers and differentials are also important.

Tried your setup, but it feels even more understeery than mine, prolly depends on each style, but car feels heavy

Thx guys for this awesome Mod. There is only one annoying bug to me. Something is wrong with the right front tyre. It looks in 2nd gear like it has a puncture. Other than that a great production and a donation will be made for this work. Can you actual include the template gp2 design car? Regards
the template is a 3d psd template within the downloads section ,
the mod and updates would have been left there , but racedepartment no longer cators for full seasons that was specially designed over the last 4 months just for leagues any longer ,,
just arcade mods ,
We went to great lengths to ask permission to upload our work to RD ,
and today got told but if I can get it under 500mb they will see about uploading it when I specifically said that It can not be comressed any more under 636mb after 3 of us tried for ours to do so ,
with no luck , ]Then I noticed that the forum had changed again taking away the most active users after they have been there for over 12 months ,
and I was the most active user , lol , anyway that does not bother me in the slightest I stopped uploading mods after they made the 300mb limit ,
]
when that only effected about 2% of the community who made uploads and that is total rubbish about 0.2% ,
Anyway I have tried to get our / my work released on here and have asked many times to Bram and the staff over the last 2 months ,
so after the childish acts I keep seeing this is my last comment as I now feel unwelcome due to what is going on ,
please keep upto date with our work on the ac forums , ]I am signing out ,
good day good night and god bless :thumbsup:

Gave it a spin. The car is a monster. So much fun to drive. A bit understeery, but that's probably a setup issue on my end.

The steering wheel seems a bit oddly sized though. The ends extend too far over the edge of the cockpit.
iqKH7pel.jpg

For comparison:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes