Arma 3

i just put on steam and it says arma 3 is updating. anyone know what has been added today?

also, i had a little go of the showcase night mission where you have to cause a distraction for bishop. i seemed to destroy an enemy posse then wreak havoc at a roadblock but bishop was still doing nothing. anyone got any tips for this mission?

i think it´s this one. regarding the night mission, i think you need to destroy 3 places.
http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00024

Working on another mission type now, but we need to be 8 guys.
So you have 4 good guys, 4 bad guys and one hostage.

The 4 good guys must save the hostage, the 4 bad guys is inside a building with the hostage and has to guard it until the time runs out.
Almost like the old counter-strike days but much shorter and only one house to deal with.

Edit: from the sitrep, finally i get to fly around in a CAS airplane.

That is about to change however; tomorrow's devbranch update will add all sandbox release content - a week before the rest of the world gets to enjoy it all!

As a newb I have no idea what a sandbox is for arma.

I am up for trying this mission. One guy online made an interesting one which I can no longer find... Basically, there were two sides. One side would be the soldiers guarding several vehicles with bombs near them . The second side one be terrorists drssed as civilians who had the aim of getting to then bombs and detonating them. They could carry hand guns only. The ai would play "good" civilians. If the soldiers shot too many ai it was something like game over. Quite fun...became a little paranoid playing a soldier and very cunning being a terrorist trying to mimic the ai.

haha, sounds like fun :)
Well me and Bjorn saw something you probably never will see in an Arma game again.

Just imagine this, everything is pitch black, it´s raining like crazy, everything is starting to get intense as we try to infiltrate an area on the base.

I look over my shoulder and what do i see?
p35ShmN.jpg

That´s a dude wearing a giant box running around next to us.
And yes, that´s me in underwear. Another small bug. Was fun though!

Last edited:
My mission is finally ready for some testing.There are 4 mods needed.The fnc mods you guys have already,but in addition you will need these also.

RHHARD MK18 Pack
You will need to create an addons folder for this mod and place the 4 pbo files in it.So it looks like this:
@MK18_Mod1_V02/addons/the 4 pbo files.
Also place the ARD bikey in the Arma 3 keys folder.

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons
Add the optional config pbo files to the addons folder and put the bikey in the your Arma 3 keys folder.
@MK18_Mod1_V02/addons/all six pbo files.

EDIT:No longer aplicable.

Last edited:
Unfortunately i found out my mission has a fatal flaw.One of the mods i planed on using, but then didn't use due to it not working has caused me a big headache .I never disabled it and now i have to have it installed in order to play the mission.So i am forced to start over with the mission .It wont take long though to re-due the mission since the learning part to get it to this point was the most time consuming part.

It's great and only going to get a lot better.With the last update a couple of really annoying bugs got fixed.My biggest gripe so far is frame rates.My pc is not as good as i thought when it comes to arma 3. I have been working on a new mission and may have something to test out soon.

Hampus and i will be playing tomorrow if anyone would like to join us.I plan to try to be on fairly early,say around 14:00-15:00.Post your steam so we can add you if we don't already have you as a friend.

I now have my own TS server.We will most likely be using it when playing Arma 3.There is no password at this time.Feel free to jump on with us.
IP: 108.61.46.211:7117

Going to install it tonight, any tips on where to start?
Best thing to do especially when new to the arma series is to play around with one of the showcases,like Jesters Stratis showcase.It is a great way to familiarize yourself with the game without being shot at.Also nice for setting up your controls to your liking.You can find it in the steam workshop as well as many community made missions to pick from.If you need help I'm glad to get on teamspeak and answer questions.

Hi chaps!
I have been running an Arma3 Server (dedicated) on and off since May.
I have just fired it back up and its running a WasteLand mission.

Please head on over and make yourselves at home:

www,gamingrepublic.co.uk

We have a 512 slot TS3,
Forums,
Our Servers:
Public DayZ Server UK410,
Private DayZ Epoch (new just fired it up this week),
Arma3 (happy to load any missions),
MineCraft SnapShot.
CS:GO
BF3
ShootMania