ARCA Sim Racing

As long as I have received it, I will be there.
Post date & time when you know.
You know it's funny, I'm 47 & I am like a little kid at X-mas.
I spend way to much time thinking about this sim.
I check for new post every few hrs in hope of hearing something new.
It has even been effecting my sleep. See you on the track.

Doug D

• shenken

Night Races are a No No for me except on weekends but I would be proud if I am welcome to join your server. I also have mine up and running on Simstatslive powered by NRT Servers. I´m just waiting for the sim to arrive :)

(sorry going waaaaaaaaaayyy offtopic here :))
for the Dutch dudes :).....how to (pre-)order....i mean you put your home address, but what about country.....btw planning to order it with credit card as i no longer have my paypal account....(can't create one with hotmail email, because in use of my old paypal account, & can't delete that old paypal account lol)

so hopefully if ordered, i will have it by next week...i hope :)

Setups on these cars is goin to be based off the real cars .. if this is true they are using big bar soft spring setups .. or coil binding setups .. kind of the same thing.. As for tire temps.. the tire on the real arca cars like to be around 200 deg for max grip.. I have a bunch of setup books i will scan them into my pc and rar them in a folder and post them here for everyone to read.. places to start look are places like this one: http://www.circletrack.com/techarticles/ctrp_0704_chassis_setup_crutches/index.html

http://www.stockcarracing.com/tipstricks/index.html

http://www.pitstopusa.com/Categories.aspx?ID=3362

all i can say is read.. read and read some more.. i will try to get those pages from my books up soon

I am still hesitating... beat me to it, but isnt it boring to just lap around again and again and again in an oval track....? never done oval racing, just watched on the TV, so do not have any experience in a racing like this. Maybe fellows wih more insight can give some word about it...?

p.s.: also i did not found any information if it can be shipped to Hungary or not, wold it be possible? how can i find it out?

I am still hesitating... beat me to it, but isnt it boring to just lap around again and again and again in an oval track....? never done oval racing, just watched on the TV, so do not have any experience in a racing like this. Maybe fellows wih more insight can give some word about it...?

p.s.: also i did not found any information if it can be shipped to Hungary or not, wold it be possible? how can i find it out?

I played Nascar 2003 a few years ago and i first thought it was boring too but when you are in the car, hearing the noise and look at the speedo it is a blast.

You go faster every lap, if you do it well, and you need to setup the car asymetric which seems a bit weird but really helps.

I think i will buy ARCA too, i tried last night but i also don't know how to order it, i can fill in my address but i can't fill in Begium as country.

I hope the ordering process will be more clear the next day's bacause i really like to race ARCA.

• shenken

I was never a League Coordinator, nor do I have experience how to run a League but everytime is the first time, right?

I´m trying something on behalf of myself and with help from some friends i´ve raced with in the past.

No website yet but a forum.

League: Don´t Scratch It Racing (Short: D.S.I.R.)
Forum: http://www.racesims.org/
Own Server enlisted at: http://www.simstatslive.com/
Name: D.S.I.R. ARCA 2008

Short description:

European based ARCA Sim Racing league that wants to race online frequently in an closed friendly multiplayer enviroment with experienced online racers that want serious online racing and not wreck orgies.

I don´t want to make it a big league or so. Just a personal hobby I want to start with. Therefore I will not make many announcements on it but will have my server also running "open" to everyone for Drivers Sightings and Advertisement. We will force new members to use their Real Name.

Thanks for reading :)

• shenken

Many people do think: What the heck are those Oval boys doing there? Driving in Circles all the way? :D

But there is more than just to drive in circles. You need to be intelligent to be successful. You need the correct pitstop strategies, you need experience how to draft behind someone on Super Speedways and have your friends right on time. You will have close battles all the time and side by side. You have to conserve your tires during long green runs. Fall back and attack later while others burned their tires. In the beginning I thought the same like you Atilla, really :)

Oval Racing is really interesting. Just try it and figure out yourself :)

Marcel Hulsbergen said:
I played Nascar 2003 a few years ago and i first thought it was boring too but when you are in the car, hearing the noise and look at the speedo it is a blast.

You go faster every lap, if you do it well, and you need to setup the car asymetric which seems a bit weird but really helps.

I think i will buy ARCA too, i tried last night but i also don't know how to order it, i can fill in my address but i can't fill in Begium as country.

I hope the ordering process will be more clear the next day's bacause i really like to race ARCA.

Hey Marcel
When you are paying with PayPal and you pay with your creditcard Sim Factory automaticly gets your adress. And when you have payed you get a conformation on your @mail adress. Then you can ask them if everything is okay and they will conform that the game also will sent too your country :) So buy it :)

alright :) (all pre-orders are first class and its $5 for that stuff >.>)

Import duties (or taxes) are only incurred, once your purchase is over here. I'm hoping the price is too low, to incur duties.

But, the last thing I bought from the US, was subject to duties.
I had bought quite a few things from US before (without duties), but it had been a long time. When the postal worker handed me the excise document, informing me that I had duties (that amounted to almost the same price, as the purchase itself) I was a little perturbed, to say the least...

So, I've been wary to purchase since...

Atti
just join us :)....i also know very little from oval racing except when i'm watching it via internet.
then learned a bit with Nascar Racing series.......it is still a work in progress......

btw Holland is also not on the list, but what i did is put germany as country, pay, then after conformation (via email) of the buy, i replied directly to let them know for changing the shipping information to Holland. with that i got a conformation back that they will correct the info for me....
so now i wait if the game will come to my house :)
if it is delivered to me, do the same that i did.
Jacco also did that system (i learned that way :))

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.