ARCA Sim Racing

Well Lars, it could be that the 3 one was me...

I spun the car exiting a corner to hard...
Steven flew into me first, then you, and it was a wonder nobody else got into it... It was the second yellow, caused by me. Just checked in the replay. I was maybe pushing a bit to hard. and i wasn't "layed" back. My own damn fault, so to speak.

Like it's called, these are club races... What this means is that it's maybe a little more on the soft edge compared to the league, wich is coming soon.

I really don't get it what you mean though, we have some very good leftturners here, faster then you or me... And when you push to hold on and you're not 100% focusing things can happen...
That's life, can happen anywhere, yesterday it was here.

What i mean is the number of yellows vs green laps, that’s a driver attitude thing. I am not pretending to be the fastest at all!, hench i hardly ever win a race but i do know how to handle a race. In the 21 races i did a Racesims i had only 3 dnf's from which 2 where provisional request and one crash.

I just hope the mind set of the guys new to this adjust to this oval stuff. A lenghty post was made about restarts but yet we were running full trothle again before the green came and then checked up at s/f line. Resulting in a very nervous opening fase of a race.
[FONT=&quot]
But i thought one thing was really disturbing and that's the yellow to green...!!!??? Wy is it that we couldn't safely fix the car because it was already going to green next time by??? It looked like somebody with no patience just skipped the flagrules alltogether, wich in my book only caused more yellows. This was the first time this happend... But it was weird and broke alot of my concentration and tactics...

Greets

The start of the race already went wrong a was doing 94mph coming out of turn 3 just to have to slow down to 50 just before s/f line. This usually results in messy starts and wrecks.

Note: I am not pushing blame, and I am not getting personal, but as this probably leads to the formation of a league i just hope we can take some of these races as there were league races so all new and old to this can adjust to one another.

[/FONT]If pointing these out the way i do make me a notable nagger, i stop and shut up my mouth right now!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

• Bert Van Waes

I understand you Lars, really!!

But i didn't noticed the bad starts, i was at the front and Ben clearly asked everybody if 70 m/h was ok. and we all said it was. And on the restarts i was driving 70 like the ones in front of me. I noticed on replays it looked a bit weird at the back...

Anyways, i'm glad people open their mouths, so no worries. I just tell you my experience with these "problems". ;)

Wy would you've pissed smbd off? You know.

Cheers

When coming to take the green, it's natural and ok for the leaders to pace the field and slowly bring the field up to a reasonable speed. At most tracks you'll also note two red lines on the walls just before S/F lines, these are restart lines, the leader may accelerate at any point past these.

When coming to take the green, it's natural and ok for the leaders to pace the field and slowly bring the field up to a reasonable speed. At most tracks you'll also note two red lines on the walls just before S/F lines, these are restart lines, the leader may accelerate at any point past these.

ok thats a good point knowing the red lines.. but overall i think we all still learning and mistakes come with learning..

Lars is spot on. What's this the 4th or 5th race? Some of the guys that are familiar with ARCA, James, Gareth and Christopher do a great job of helping some of us first timers with rules, set ups and racing lines. Nothings perfect at the start. The more we race together the more proficient we'll become. The club environment is the best place to do it or the league will be chaos for organizers and competitors alike. It'll take a little patience, but perseverance will only enable the ARCA club to grow stronger. :smile-big:

ok thats a good point knowing the red lines.. but overall i think we all still learning and mistakes come with learning..

Didnt know that redline thingy either :D Thanks TSF! And agree with Bjorn we all make mistakes.

I do understand Lars frustration though, but in his post it has already the answer. 21 races elsewhere full of experience of league style racing.

Lol, i am glad if this was my 10th race in total, ever :D

Leagues are RD are more serious Lars, no chatting and misbehavior will be penalized just as in our other leagues, but until we start league racing we need to be learn as much as we can and that is a matter of trial and error.

Basic rule idea: race the car like you have to pay for the damage yourself.

Glad you guys took the post as it was ment to.
It was my personal observation and subject for discussion.

I log on to TS and enjoy hanging out with you lot, oval racing is great fun and If we can build a solid EU oval club that would be awesome, with all the ups and downs that come along with it. And maybe one day we can challenge the Yankees on there home ground lol :rotfl:

I agree but you dont lift the throttle again 50meter before s/f line ;-) If you go you go

• Bert Van Waes

Because i really find it hard to write stuff down.:tits::sidefrown:

I know what you mean. It's the only thing wy i hate it all a bit, the board messaging.

But you're wright on the most parts, like others said, practice makes perfect.:glasses-cool:

• Bert Van Waes

Well, I'm eager to find out what a race at Berlin will be like :)

Put me on duty!!

Nice bit of info there, Thanks!

I didnt race in the last event but I can see progress. We will get to league standard after a few more club races I think.
We also have new people joining all the time so it will take a bit of time for the newer guys to get to grips with all the rules. Its not easy for a new comer that is usually used to driving road races without full flag rules. A bit of time and patience is all it takes.

I do see people too eager to get the pass on the restarts, Its natural wanting to make a pass. I always find sitting back and making a move to the front within the last 30 or so laps if possible. Still everybody has there own style.

Im glad we all see accidents in ARCA for what it is. Nobody getting to angry that they were involved in a crash. Thats all part of stockcar! We just need to try and not have as many...... :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back