Apps being drawn on screen are eating away at my FPS

Hello all.

First off, my conditions:

I exclusively use CM. I use gbw mod and i've used ilja's night mod ever since it dropped reshade. My fps was ALWAYS mid 100s... 120-170 fps you name it. With apps on the screen mind you.

But after updating windows 10 tonight, my performance with apps on screen is FIFTY FIVE FREAKING FPS... 55 FPS FOR ODIN'S SAKE i'm furious right now at whatever's causing this. As soon as i hide my apps, it goes back to 150-170 fps... If i enable apps one by one, they all eat away the same amount of fps, 10-12 fps one by one. No single app is to blame here :( FUDGE!!!! I hate when i can't pin point a bug. Also, my main_t is %98 in the pits, 55 on track... and i'm talking about nords. Not a small track. But as soon as i enable apps one by one, my main_t increases too...

Anything else i need to tell you guys? Any info you need? My head is literally freaking spinning right now.

Please almight @kunos you wrote this code and know of the treachery called windows 10. Any ideas about why? :(

The other problem is Shader Lights Mod itself. It changes my MAIN_T from 30-70% (depends on map etc) to roughly 95% all the time (even on sunny clear map). I don't really know if it's Win 10 problem or it is something else.
%95 all the time? Damn. My main_t with gbw and night mod installed and with 7 apps on screen is %80. And my cpu (4460) is simply way worse than yours. Does your main_t drop as soon as you hide all apps too? With no apps on screen, my main_t with gbw and night mods is like %45 on the goddamn nords.

I was actually very happy with windows up until now. No issue whatsoever. Smooth like a butter. But now that it has touched my favorite sim ever, i'm disgusted.

I don't exaclty remember but I think when I turn off all the apps I have MAIN_T around 80-90% maybe. They have bigger impact on FPS tho. My MAIN_T is destroyed by Shadow Lights Mod, probably due to tyre deformation and more mirrorish mirror.

giphy.gif

INSTALL CONTENT MANAGER AND SHADERS MOD PATCH v0.1.23-preview73 NOW. RIGHT F*****G NOW!

The changelog for the said version included "• Partially reworked fonts rendering: now, it should run faster with lots of apps (please, test; thanks to @ for the idea)" so i thought "hey, this could be interesting" and lo and behold, my issue is gone. I'm back to 150 fps baby! Oh hell to the moth******g yes!

F*** YOUR MESSED UP FONTS RENDERING WINDOWS 10!!! ILJA TO THE RESCUE

Perhaps more of a custom shaders than Win10 problem.
May i interest you in some light reading?
Welp, i first did a vanilla install, tried with everything vanilla, including the launcher... Same stuff

I then kept that vanilla install, didnot install a single mod and then proceeded to to start nvidia DDU... Did a clean install of the latest drivers. Same stuff...

Went ahead, installed gbw and night mod, maybe 2-3 fps loss but same stuff....

As soon as i enable my apps, my fps gets cut in half. From 132 fps to about 58 fps on brands hatch.

DAMN YOU AND YOUR UPDATES MICROSOFT.

Sorry for the late reply btw, i wanted to make sure i tried everything i could at first.

Guys, can you please check what's your main_t with 9 apps on screen at once?

I use:

rsr
delta
laps
tire
gears
pedals
trackmap
essentials
ers management

God dammit something smells here. I ran these apps on the screen FOR YEARS and my fps was always hovering above 100 when hotlapping.

• Deleted member 197115

Well, your original post.
Hello all.

First off, my conditions:

I exclusively use CM. I use gbw mod and i've used ilja's night mod ever since it dropped reshade. My fps was ALWAYS mid 100s... 120-170 fps you name it. With apps on the screen mind you.
Win10 here, GBW and CM but no modded shaders and no problems with apps or font rendering in AC, only when enabling dynamic lights mod.
Anyhow, whatever the problem was, glad you worked it out.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 28.0%
Back